Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
furbabymom
Earning My Ears

BC 2br villa or 3 rms

Hi! I am planning a trip to Disney World for December and am trying to choose between a 2br villa or 3 separate rms at the BC. We are all adults in the party and won't really use the kitchen that much. If we do the 2br villa, someone would need to use the sofa bed and someone would need to use a roll out cot. Has anyone used these? Are they comfortable? THe last time I slept on a sofa bed was 10 years ago (not at disney) and it was not a very comfortable experience. We want to enjoy the trip but not spend a fortune either. Thanks for the input!
furbabymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbabymom View Post
Hi! I am planning a trip to Disney World for December and am trying to choose between a 2br villa or 3 separate rms at the BC. We are all adults in the party and won't really use the kitchen that much. If we do the 2br villa, someone would need to use the sofa bed and someone would need to use a roll out cot. Has anyone used these? Are they comfortable? THe last time I slept on a sofa bed was 10 years ago (not at disney) and it was not a very comfortable experience. We want to enjoy the trip but not spend a fortune either. Thanks for the input!
We were in a BCV with six adults, DH, me, DS, his GF, and our two DD's. The daughters slept in the bedroom, the son and his girlfriend slept on the sleeper sofa in the livingroom room, and of course we had the master. It really worked out well. It was great to have the living room for a gathering point. We could make a pot of coffee in the kitchen while everyone slept or got ready. It was easy to pull breakfast together, too.

If the two people who would be stuck in the living room don't mind, then the villa is a great convenience. If everyone is paying for their own room, then get separate rooms. It equalizes things.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

No a winner in our book... We tried it once, 6 adults and one infant at OKW.... Daughter and son in law plus infant had the master... Wife and I the bedroom and sister in law and husband had the sofa in living room.... Place was huge but logistics of people sleeping in communal living room for early risers, control over AC ,......real pain especially if one group want to take an afternoon nap... Some like it super cool and done don't ( only one thermostat for AC) and that sofa bed is awfully uncomfortable ..

For our money if we ever do a group trip again.... All separate rooms , each has their own space, beds, AC control, bathroom etc, especially when a kitchen isn't used or needed....and TV

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

I would choose the 2 Bdr over 3 rooms on cost alone, but only if the group is comfortable with all that togetherness.

Pros: even if you do not use the kitchen much, it is really cool to have the big fridge, microwave, utensils, glasses, wine glasses. You can, for example, eat a bowl of cereal without feeling like it's weird to eat cereal in your room. Also, you have a ready made cocktail hour or hanging out area.

I like the villas area. You have the quiet pool right there for those who do not wish to make the trek to SAB.

You have washer and dryer in the room.

I have slept on the sofas -- isn't as good as a real bed, but wasn't awful.

Cons: still costs a fortune. Popular and can be hard to find availibility for 2 Bdr. Two bathrooms is great, but requires more planning on shower schedule and privacy than 3 rooms with a bathroom each would.
HelenParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

I vote 3 rooms. Everyone gets a real bed and you get three bathrooms. The pull out sofas are NOT comfortable.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
MinnieFan4ever

DIS Cast Member

I have slept on the pull out at BCV and they are comfy. Infact, I have had several people comment to me that they were comfy, I know, weird. That being said, with your group I think I would get 3 rooms at the BC. That way all is equal with each group. The only down side I can see is that you maybe really spread out within the resort.
MinnieFan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
Sammie
DIS Veteran

The nice thing about the villa is using the living room for that purpose. If you had to turn it into a bedroom, on an uncomfortable sofa bed with no bathroom, I would want the three rooms.

DVC villas will not provide you with a cot, so if you have two people sleeping in the living room, you will have to bring your own.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
furbabymom
Earning My Ears

Smile

Thanks everytone! That really helps us make our choice!
furbabymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:54 AM   #9
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

We were two adults on the sofa bed in a Beach Club one bedroom villa. Trust me, we will never do that again. Extremely uncomfortable. So uncomfortable, we checked out early and went back to Portofino Bay Hotel where two adults could sleep successfully in a large and comfortable bed.

Trust me -- make sure all adults have beds rather than sofa beds.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #10
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbabymom View Post
A two bedroom villa at BWV will be a lockoff. Meaning a combination of a studio and one bedroom villa. So not only will you have a queen sized sleeper sofa in the living room, you'll have a double sized one in the second bedroom with the queen sized bed. That may make it even easier to decide.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bc 2br villa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: