Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
manitobamickey
Mouseketeer

budget Rental Car Shuttle to port?

Does anyone know if the Budget rental car on Astronaut way have a shuttle to the port?

Thanks
Old 01-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitobamickey View Post
Does anyone know if the Budget rental car on Astronaut way have a shuttle to the port?

Thanks
Is that the one with the Cape Canaveral address? I did this just this past Nov with my 8yo and plan on doing it again in Feb. When I got there, the shuttle was waiting for me with 2 other couples on different cruises. It was perfect and much less expensive than paying for Disney's services to and from the airport. It was a free service, I just let them know I needed it when I booked.

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
asemaria
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitobamickey

Thanks
Yes it does. It was very covenient, but scedule some extra time. The line for the shuttle was very long. It took us an hour from the time we arrived.
WDW 2012 POFQ
DCL Fantasy Western Carribean april 2012
asemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asemaria View Post
Yes it does. It was very covenient, but scedule some extra time. The line for the shuttle was very long. It took us an hour from the time we arrived.
Ahh I didn't think of that. I went in Nov, so I guess that is off season.

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
jxd
Mouseketeer

Allow at least one hour from the time you get off the ship until you are in your car, especially if you have the later breakfast. We have used them 7 times in the past few years and have only had 1 bad experience. We waited 30 minutes at the port for the shuttle this past week.

Once we got to the car rental, they had more reservations than they had cars. Budget overbooked and at least 10 families had to wait until cars were returned. This mean standing in a parking lot with your family and luggage, waiting for a car to be returned, checked in, fueled and ready to be issued out. It also meant that if you needed a mini-van, you had to wait until a mini-van was turned in. Fortunately we got a car right away but I felt bad for those who we left standing in the parking lot.

The staff did a great job with what they had to work with but Corporate really put them in a bind.
jxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #6
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by asemaria View Post
My DH always drops us off at the port and then brings the car back. We have all the luggage, so it is easy for him to squeeze on a shuttle when he only has himself to fit. We did it once with the whole family and luggage and it took forever to get a shuttle to fit us in. It is so much easier to do it this way and faster.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
CoasterDadof2
Earning My Ears

On our last cruise, we had a rental car through Budget, the line for the shuttle was very long. I found a taxi dropping someone off, who offered me and one other man a ride back to port for $5 each. Well worth it to not stand in a very long line. Just another option to toss out there.
CoasterDadof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran

They normally run 2 shuttles on cruise days. Waiting varies. One hint--if you are near the front of the shuttle line (no one in front of you wants the space!) and there is not room for your family + luggage but there is a seat on the shuttle, you can have the driver in your party get on and go to pick up the car, He/she can then return to the terminal to pick up the gang and the luggage. It's very easy to do.

Note--I'm not suggesting line cutting, but I have no difficulty asking if there is a seat for 1 when no one in front of me wants it.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
epgirl
Earning My Ears

When I was there at the end of April last year, the line for the shuttle was very long. We saw a family take a taxi rather than wait in that line.....I think I'll do the same thing next time!
epgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
asemaria
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by epgirl
When I was there at the end of April last year, the line for the shuttle was very long. We saw a family take a taxi rather than wait in that line.....I think I'll do the same thing next time!
We were there in middle of April and if the line is as long next time we will def take a taxi.
WDW 2012 POFQ
DCL Fantasy Western Carribean april 2012
asemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #11
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
My DH always drops us off at the port and then brings the car back. We have all the luggage, so it is easy for him to squeeze on a shuttle when he only has himself to fit. We did it once with the whole family and luggage and it took forever to get a shuttle to fit us in. It is so much easier to do it this way and faster.
I thought I read it in another thread that a family had dropped off their luggage and rest of the family at the port while the husband returned the car and the family were able to check everyone in plus the husband while he returned the car. Of course they had his passport. Is this possible. It woud definitely save a lot of time.

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #12
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
I thought I read it in another thread that a family had dropped off their luggage and rest of the family at the port while the husband returned the car and the family were able to check everyone in plus the husband while he returned the car. Of course they had his passport. Is this possible. It woud definitely save a lot of time.
Yes, that works. If you have not been on a cruise before, he will have to have his picture taken when he arrives. But otherwise, it is a piece of cake.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan

Yes, that works. If you have not been on a cruise before, he will have to have his picture taken when he arrives. But otherwise, it is a piece of cake.
We are first timers. So should my wife wait for me to get back or can she do everything for checking us in except for my pic.

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #14
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
We are first timers. So should my wife wait for me to get back or can she do everything for checking us in except for my pic.
She can wait for you, but she can do everything except the picture.

Enjoy your cruise.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
kcashner
DIS Veteran

She can do everything for you provided she has your documents. When you arrive, you'll see the CM for the security photo and be handed your KTTW card.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: