Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #31
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
Okay, so I was wrong. They no longer tow your car, but boot it.

All they have to do is look at the temporary parking pass and when it was issued, and boot away. I personally find it unfathomable that anyone would risk doing this when they can park at the parks, for free if staying onsite, and not have to risk this happening. It's so not worth risking a boot and resort guests' wrath just to save 5 minutes of driving to the correct lot. JMO.
I didn't stick around to see what they did. They might have booted while they waited on the tow trucks. I actually hope they did tow.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #32
Jemepech
Earning My Ears

For all who practice this your wrong. It's a privilege to those who pay a lot of money to stay there. If you want the privilege then cough up the money to stay there. There's nothing more annoying then paying to stay at a resort and have to drive in circles to find a spot. Honor the 3 hr limit.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #33
Disneygirl 792
Mouseketeer

I asked a similar question awhile back about the lot being crowded. I cancelled my adr it was about 5 ish, but then rebooked for a different day but a little later and it was fine...as long as you STAY WITHIN the time limit.

Last edited by Disneygirl 792; 01-10-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #34
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

To say that someone's car won't be towed is ignorant. Cars absolutely will be towed, have been towed, and people have seen it happening (along with booting apparently, which probably happens while the tow truck is on the way).

Will it happen is entirely different. Are you supposed to park there and go to the park? No. There are signs telling you that. If Disney didn't mind, they wouldn't have bothered to make a sign.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. It'd be a pretty crappy ending to my day if my car happened to get towed and I had to now pay far more than the $14 valet fee to retrieve it.

OP - you could always park at Epcot since you're staying on property with no fee, and walk over to your reservation. Head back over after you eat, enjoy WS, and head back to your car in the Epcot parking lot.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #35
Paging Tom Morrow
DIS Veteran

If you are going for dinner at Yachtsman's, chances are your dinner ressie is for 6PM or later. On most nights, Illuminations falls at 9PM, which means you'll be back to your car a few minutes after the usually non-enforced regulation is up. Park at the BC resort without worry and enjoy your meal.
Boardwalk Villas - 2006, 2012
Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa - 2009, 2013
Contemporary Resort - 2002
Yacht Club - 2004
Walt Disney Swan - 2005
Old Key West - 2012, 2014, 2015
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa - 2014
Old 01-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #36
Paging Tom Morrow
DIS Veteran

If you were staying off-site, then a special pass would be usually issued for entrance into the BC parking area.

Since you are staying on-site, you likely will not be issued any additional paperwork that would indicate what time you arrived. Your parking resort pass from your home resort will be the only paperwork in the car. Again, if you are going to be within or only slightly outside of the 3-hour window, I would have no reservations about parking in this area.
Yacht Club - 2004
Walt Disney Swan - 2005
Old 01-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #37
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paging Tom Morrow
If you were staying off-site, then a special pass would be usually issued for entrance into the BC parking area.

Since you are staying on-site, you likely will not be issued any additional paperwork that would indicate what time you arrived. Your parking resort pass from your home resort will be the only paperwork in the car. Again, if you are going to be within or only slightly outside of the 3-hour window, I would have no reservations about parking in this area.
That's exactly what I think. The OP may be 30-45 mins over. Frankly, YSH is no cheap meal so he really has paid for his parking place.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #38
MichiganDVC
Can barely see my Kool-aid bath with these Rose-colored glasses on....

Beach club and BLT are a different story than Boardwalk. One could easily go to dinner at the Flying Fish and then hang out at ESPN club to watch games all night. Are they not allowed to park in the lot behind Boardwalk parking? And having said that what's really the difference then between staying at ESPN club and watching games or going to Epcot for two hours?

But having stayed at both Beach club and BLT, I would be very upset if I could not find parking. So people should not be parking there just to get into the parks... but Boardwalk has other amenities and I think that makes it a different circumstance.

1980 - Contemporary
1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990- Poly
1991 - Yacht Club 1996 - Offsite 2000 - Poly 2003 - Offsite
2008, 2009 - Boardwalk Villas 2010 - Offsite, Boardwalk Villas
2011 - Beach Club, Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower 2012 - Boardwalk Villas, WL/Poly 2013 - Beach Club, AKL-Kidani, Bay Lake Tower
2014 - Boardwalk, Poly
Old 01-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #39
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecshawn View Post
We park there all the time and its never been an issue...Go to Epcot and enjoy your day. NO issues. No one cares.
If they don't care why is there a sign at the entrance, saying they do not provide parking to access the theme parks.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #40
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Frankly, YSH is no cheap meal so he really has paid for his parking place.
What does the price of a meal at YSH have to do with parking? If I am paying $400 a night to stay at a WDW Deluxe Resort does that give me the right to steal their towels?

Whether YSH is an expensive meal or not should not have any bearing on where you can and can't park.

Using this logic why doesn't the OP go swimming at SAB, even though he is not a guest of the Yacht Club/Beach Club?
Old 01-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #41
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
What does the price of a meal at YSH have to do with parking? If I am paying $400 a night to stay at a WDW Deluxe Resort does that give me the right to steal their towels?

Whether YSH is an expensive meal or not should not have any bearing on where you can and can't park.

Using this logic why doesn't the OP go swimming at SAB, even though he is not a guest of the Yacht Club/Beach Club?
Apples and oranges. The parking comes as part of his meal. Pool hopping does not. Really, if his ADR is 6:00 pm or after he's only staying an extra few minutes over if at all. It's really not a big deal . You can see by my signature that I own DVC at Boardwalk Villas and I assure you I have experienced tight parking.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #42
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Apples and oranges. The parking comes as part of his meal. Pool hopping does not. Really, if his ADR is 6:00 pm or after he's only staying an extra few minutes over if at all. It's really not a big deal . You can see by my signature that I own DVC at Boardwalk Villas and I assure you I have experienced tight parking.
Read the original post. They wanted to eat at the YSH and then go to Epcot. Parking might "come as part of the meal", but sorry, it does not entitle you to go to Epcot and leave your car at the resort. What if the OP went on an EMH day, and after illuminations decided to stay in the park for another 3 hours rather than go back to his car as originally intended? Is that ok? If you experienced tight parking at BWV because people are parking there and going to Epcot, then I can't see why you think it is ok for the OP to do exactly what you are critical of.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #43
Paging Tom Morrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
Read the original post. They wanted to eat at the YSH and then go to Epcot. Parking might "come as part of the meal", but sorry, it does not entitle you to go to Epcot and leave your car at the resort.
Actually, it does. The "rule" is that you get three hours parking at a resort when you dine there. The "rule" does not specify what you can and cannot do during those three hours. If you only take 20 minutes to eat, you can do whatever you wish within the other 2 hours and 40 minutes.

As an owner at BCV and BWV, I understand that these lots can get crowded and parking, at times, is at a premium. As an educated adult, I also understand that sometimes "rules" are set as a deterrent to prevent larger scale abuses. IMO, Disney has little to no interest in having people run back to their cars at the three hour mark. If they did, they would have active patrols in the parking lots with a remote-dispatched tow truck available. IMO, the intent of the rule is to ensure that people aren't using resort parking lots in place of the park lots for full-day visits.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Based on the totality of my experiences at WDW, I find that the OP should have no worry about parking at BC, eating at Yachtman's, going into Epcot and viewing Illuminations and returning to their car.
Yacht Club - 2004
Walt Disney Swan - 2005
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #44
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
If they don't care why is there a sign at the entrance, saying they do not provide parking to access the theme parks.
there is also a 70mph sign on most freeways....but we all know most go over..
Look, if someone doesnt want to park at beach club...dont..if someone does...thats fine also...different strokes for different folks. I know and have talked to people i dont know that has done it many many times and i know people personally that has/does....its a non issue. But, if one doesn't want to...thats ok also. Its just a difference of opinion.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #45
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Towing is now a very definite possibility........and so have people parked againist the rules and not been towed. So.if you park and get towed, please don't come on the board and wine about it later.

Its not a opinion. The rules are there for everyone, a little courtesy and repect for your fellow guests goes along way.

AKK
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: