Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Bottom line is if you park at a resort and go into a park, you are breaking Disney policy. It doesn't matter if you self park or Valet, resort parking was not designed for or ever intended to augment park parking.

Bill

Old 01-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Like I said - I've done it all the time never had and issue, but I'm sure its one of those answers I could get flamed for. I've also had an ADR at Cali or the Wave and parked there, eaten, and gone into the MK. Never once have I had an attendant tell me there was a three hour limit. Usually I am back at the car in 3 or 4 hours.

Edited to say - I was there during a holiday period where they did check to make sure my name was on the Cali Grill ADR list.
We park there all the time and its never been an issue...Go to Epcot and enjoy your day. NO issues. No one cares.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Definitely park at the Beach Club. that gives the best access to Yachtsman. And - yes - you can go into Epcot. I do it all the time!
That's right..we do too..it's common practice and not an issue.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #19
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecshawn View Post
We park there all the time and its never been an issue...Go to Epcot and enjoy your day. NO issues. No one cares.
I would care if I was staying there and couldn't find a parking space. I've had that happen many times at Boardwalk, going round and round trying to find an empty spot. I complained to the manager one time, he said that is why DVC members have free valet. Well, we don't have free valet anymore. So I have to pay for valet at my own resort because other people are parking and going to Epcot?
Old 01-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #20
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCMikey View Post
We are already staying at another WDW resort, so I wouldn't be paying to park anyway.
Exactly, and even if you weren't people park there for Epcot all the time it is not an issue. At least no where but here.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #21
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I would care if I was staying there and couldn't find a parking space. I've had that happen many times at Boardwalk, going round and round trying to find an empty spot. I complained to the manager one time, he said that is why DVC members have free valet. Well, we don't have free valet anymore. So I have to pay for valet at my own resort because other people are parking and going to Epcot?
I respect that and understand your point....all I am saying is...no one will care, he won't have any issues. It's done all the time.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #22
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
I respect that and understand your point....all I am saying is...no one will care, he won't have any issues. It's done all the time.
I think you just showed you don't quite understand the point. People paying the extra money to stay at that particular resort have their number of parking spots reduced by people not staying there, for EPCOT access. It could very well lead to paying guests of that resort with no place to park (that they are paying for), because those spots are taken up by people not paying for it. Paying guests of that resort most certainly will care in that case.

OP, you can try it, but if paying BC/YC resort guests complain that they can't find a place to park, BC/YC could well search the lot for those vehicles that don't have BC/YC placards in the windshields, and start towing accordingly. Then even more people will care.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #23
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Just because some people do it all of the time does not make it nice or right to do. Parking at the resorts is for the people staying at those resorts. They are not for park access. I'm sure if you were a guest at the Beach Club and couldn't find a place to park, that you wouldn't be thrilled by the people parking there to visit the parks.

OP--While you may get away with parking at a resort and leaving your car there for more than a few hours, it is not a very nice thing to do. Do the courteous thing and either valet park, or move your car after your meal.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #24
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
I think you just showed you don't quite understand the point. People paying the extra money to stay at that particular resort have their number of parking spots reduced by people not staying there, for EPCOT access. It could very well lead to paying guests of that resort with no place to park (that they are paying for), because those spots are taken up by people not paying for it. Paying guests of that resort most certainly will care in that case.

OP, you can try it, but if paying BC/YC resort guests complain that they can't find a place to park, BC/YC could well search the lot for those vehicles that don't have BC/YC placards in the windshields, and start towing accordingly. Then even more people will care.
no...no ones car gets towed...folks park there everyday and goto epcot. It isnt an issue. It may be to you....but its not.
I guess, i dont mind other folks business...I mean if im staying at say..POR and some one parks their car there that isnt staying there...i dont care...and why would i. Its not my business. Same goes for ...say folks that use the same mug for refills...when you aren't supposed to...We dont buy mugs but i dont care if someone gets free Soda..they arent supposed to..I guess i just dont understand why the busy bodies that care. The OP most certainly CAN park there and goto Epcot. No issues and the car wont get towed or ticketed..just simply wont happen.
Heck, people park at DTD and goto parks via buses...i mean who cares..
If you dont want to do it...dont..But i wont judge you if you do....;-)
Old 01-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #25
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
no...no ones car gets towed...folks park there everyday and goto epcot. It isnt an issue. It may be to you....but its not.
I guess, i dont mind other folks business...I mean if im staying at say..POR and some one parks their car there that isnt staying there...i dont care...and why would i. Its not my business. Same goes for ...say folks that use the same mug for refills...when you aren't supposed to...We dont buy mugs but i dont care if someone gets free Soda..they arent supposed to..I guess i just dont understand why the busy bodies that care. The OP most certainly CAN park there and goto Epcot. No issues and the car wont get towed or ticketed..just simply wont happen.
OP can risk it, but to say towing "simply won't happen" isn't true. I've seen it firsthand at the Poly and at Beach Club, multiple times at the Poly.

It's not just "other folks business" when someone not staying at a resort parks there for longer than it takes to eat a meal and visit. It directly impacts those that are paying to stay there. It's been said repeatedly in this thread and on others throughout the DIS (and other boards and at Disney itself). It's not only discourteous of others but really can cause you to be towed. Those lots are only so big.

POR is a very different issue. You can't walk from POR into any park. Therefore there simply isn't the desire by non-guests to park there except to visit POR itself. The deluxe resorts that offer direct access to parks are subject to non-guests attempting to take advantage of this because of their free parking. If things are busy enough that paid guest parking becomes a problem, and they don't see that placard in the window, they will tow. You can heed the warning or ignore it, but you can't claim you weren't warned.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #26
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
OP can risk it, but to say towing "simply won't happen" isn't true. I've seen it firsthand at the Poly and at Beach Club, multiple times at the Poly.

It's not just "other folks business" when someone not staying at a resort parks there for longer than it takes to eat a meal and visit. It directly impacts those that are paying to stay there. It's been said repeatedly in this thread and on others throughout the DIS (and other boards and at Disney itself). It's not only discourteous of others but really can cause you to be towed. Those lots are only so big.

POR is a very different issue. You can't walk from POR into any park. Therefore there simply isn't the desire by non-guests to park there except to visit POR itself. The deluxe resorts that offer direct access to parks are subject to non-guests attempting to take advantage of this because of their free parking. If things are busy enough that paid guest parking becomes a problem, and they don't see that placard in the window, they will tow. You can heed the warning or ignore it, but you can't claim you weren't warned.
I just used POR as an example...
I agree to disagree on this issue. I say the OP can do it and its certainly not an issue. Never has been. I respect your decision not to do it. Not my business if you do or dont. Take care.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #27
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
During our last stay at BLT, security had two people checking each car parked in the lot in front of BLT. They were recording license plate numbers and checking the dash for parking permits.

I didn't hang around to see a tow truck but they were checking for a reason.

Bill

Old 01-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #28
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
During our last stay at BLT, security had two people checking each car parked in the lot in front of BLT. They were recording license plate numbers and checking the dash for parking permits.

Bill
Sounds like those security people were among those who "care" about it.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #29
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post

Bill
During our stay in September at BLT I was one of those people paying to stay there that did care that many people were filling the parking lots of the CR and BLT to walk to MK. Yes, I realize some had reservations at the restaurants and I am sure security did too. After repeatedly having no spot to park (we complained as did others) security was booting cars. So yes, it sure the heck does happen and IMO not enough.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #30
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboysmom View Post
During our stay in September at BLT I was one of those people paying to stay there that did care that many people were filling the parking lots of the CR and BLT to walk to MK. Yes, I realize some had reservations at the restaurants and I am sure security did too. After repeatedly having no spot to park (we complained as did others) security was booting cars. So yes, it sure the heck does happen and IMO not enough.
Okay, so I was wrong. They no longer tow your car, but boot it.

All they have to do is look at the temporary parking pass and when it was issued, and boot away. I personally find it unfathomable that anyone would risk doing this when they can park at the parks, for free if staying onsite, and not have to risk this happening. It's so not worth risking a boot and resort guests' wrath just to save 5 minutes of driving to the correct lot. JMO.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: