Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
honkytonkmama
Mouseketeer

How early can we check in to get our tickets?

Our tickets are attached to our room and dining and all that. We are going to be getting in to orlando the next before our vacation "starts" and staying at a outside hotel. Would it be possible to "check in" the next before, so we can get to the parks at rope drop? Or maybe like 8, or 8:30 am (after kona for breakfast, yum!) so we can be to the magic kingdom close to open?
Aug 2015 - off site???
honkytonkmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkytonkmama View Post
Our tickets are attached to our room and dining and all that. We are going to be getting in to orlando the next before our vacation "starts" and staying at a outside hotel. Would it be possible to "check in" the next before, so we can get to the parks at rope drop? Or maybe like 8, or 8:30 am (after kona for breakfast, yum!) so we can be to the magic kingdom close to open?
You can check in after 6:00am-7:00am when their computers switch to the new day.

You can't check in the night before but you can sometimes get your tickets at a guest services location early.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

Quote:
I. Picking up Package Tickets Prior To Start Of Package

In cases where Walt Disney World Resort Guests would like to begin using their Package Tickets prior to the day of check-in (up to three days in advance), the Guests will be directed to visit any Theme Park or DTD Guest Relations location and request Early Ticket Pick-Up. (Note this cannot be done at a water park.)

It is only valid for people with packages at a Walt Disney World owned and operated Resort. You can be staying off-property at the time you pick up the tickets. Note that if you have a package which includes Dining, although you can pick up your tickets early you cannot get access to the Dining until you have actually checked in to your Resort.

Note that since August 2011 the Call Centers have been telling Guests this cannot be done. However it is still a valid procedure and can be done with no problem at Park Guest Relations Windows.

There is a possibility that if your package and the stay prior to the package are at the same Resort that you will be able to get the tickets at the Resort and not have to go to a Park Guest Relations Office.

And the tickets issued will be valid for the entire stay; they will not receive valid tickets when they actually check-in to their resort. There is a strong possibility that the tickets you have received prior to check-in cannot be added to your KTTW on or after check-in.

I would suggest you copy down the following information if you are planning to upgrade promotional tickets. If the person in the window is hesitant to upgrade these promotional tickets, ask them go go into The Hub >> WDW >> Work >> Ticketing >> Processes & Business Rules >> Early Ticket Pickup For Resort Packages where they will see the procedure.
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
Angeejoe
Mouseketeer

We did something similar last year, we stayed at POP the night we arrived because we were driving & didn't know when we we would arrive. We had a room only reservation & went to DTD that night, so dinner was OOP. Then next am we got up early & checked into YC between 8-9a. Our room was not ready of course, so they took our bags & called up when it was ready & we headed over the EPCOT. It worked out great as then we rode Soarin, walked around, & had our DDP & had lunch at Le Celliar. Then we headed back to YC & got settled in at hotel!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
honkytonkmama
Mouseketeer

Ooooo the 7ish am check in time may work well. I am planning on Kona at like 7:30. If we leave our bags at the hotel will they put them in our room for us? Will be know what room we are getting?

Thanks so much!!!
Aug 2015 - off site???
honkytonkmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
scanmom
DIS Veteran

I doubt

if you can check in at 7 am and make it from AoA to the Poly for a 7;30 am meal. In fact, I know you can't. I would eat, go check in, then head to a park.

can't wait to get back to the "real" world!
scanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by honkytonkmama View Post
Ooooo the 7ish am check in time may work well. I am planning on Kona at like 7:30. If we leave our bags at the hotel will they put them in our room for us? Will be know what room we are getting?

Thanks so much!!!
There is no way that you would be able to make a 7:30 ADR. It will probably take you the better part of 20 min to check in and then store your bags with luggage services (assuming no lineup at the counters). Then you have to drive, park, and get to the restaurant. I'd change those ADRs to around 8:00 at the earliest.

You won't know your room number if your room isn't ready yet. They can text you that info. You will either have to pick up your luggage when you return to the resort, or phone from your room to have it delivered. I'd prefer to pick it up myself so I didn't have to sit there waiting for the delivery.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: