Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

Question about my touringplans.com custom plan...

I went ahead and paid the $11 for the year and I'm pretty excited about it!!!!

But a few things...

1. When I optimize my plan, it had me picking up fast passes one after another. I thought I couldn't get another fast pass until my current fast pass was used (or at least when that window has begun).

2. Also, it has wait times for some of my meet and greets as 0 minutes (like Tiana and Jasmine/Alladin in MK).... I've never had a 0 minute wait, so I would like to update the plan to read 20 minutes for those attractions so the rest of the schedule would adjust, but I can't find a way to change the wait times.

I sent touringplans an email a couple days ago but didn't hear back so I thought I'd try here

THANKS!!!!!!!

Lisa
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
kam1011
Mouseketeer

You can get another fastpass as soon as your time window opens on the pass you already have, or two hours after receiving it, whichever happens first.

As for the touring plans, I'm not 100% on it, but I have an account and I've been playing with them a lot. It's my understanding that they arrange your attractions based on projected wait times at that time of day on that exact day. I find it a stretch for my imagination....when I'm booking a July vacation and it makes me an entire MK plan with waits less than 20 minutes (most under 10) ... it's hard to believe, but that's the whole point. I guess I'll find out soon if they were right!

Hope someone else comes along with more info!

2000s:
5 off-site trips
All Star Music Family Suites
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge Villas (x2)
Old Key West (x2)
Saratoga Springs
AKL - Kidani Village
Bay Lake Tower

I may have missed some...

kam1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

THANKS!! Yeah, I thought that was the FP rule... but the weird thing is that it has me going to Buzz Lightyear to get a fast pass and then straight to Barnstormer for a FP, so it doesn't make sense.... but I love it for the most part... just hoping to find out how to get past the glitch in the program.
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
cme37
Mouseketeer

I'm trying to use this for the first time and I can't get it to recognize the times I'm going to be in the park. We are leaving at 5 and it won't stop my day then. It is really weird because it has us scheduled up until noon when our first rest break is, then nothing is scheduled until our next rest break which is 5. Then it starts scheduling again, but I'm leaving at that time.
And most of my wait times are under 10 mins. I find that very hard to believe.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:07 AM   #5
mhnewcomb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme37 View Post
I'm trying to use this for the first time and I can't get it to recognize the times I'm going to be in the park. We are leaving at 5 and it won't stop my day then. It is really weird because it has us scheduled up until noon when our first rest break is, then nothing is scheduled until our next rest break which is 5. Then it starts scheduling again, but I'm leaving at that time.
And most of my wait times are under 10 mins. I find that very hard to believe.
Just making sure: when you set your leave time, you've set it to "17:00", yes? (Took me half an hour to realize that the first time I used TP...)

Also to the OP, you have to drag events down and slightly to the right before they will move around. I finally figured out that if you just use "Evaluate", you can check it out, move things around, evaluate again, etc. without it trying to order things out for you. Or if you really don't know where to start, "Optimize" first, then tweak the order and evaluate.

You're right about the wait times not seeming quite right, though...I thought maybe mine were off just because my trip is so far off in the future? If you really want to add time to something, you can create a "break" and type in the notes section.

mhnewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #6
mc-hokie
Earning My Ears

The Barnstormer & Dumbo FPs are disconnected from the rest of the park, which is why TP has you get them back to back.

I understand your skepticism with the low waits on your TP. I had the same anxiety when we went the week after Easter last year. In the past, we had gone in Jan. and had been used to crowd levels of 6 or less. Easter week is all 9-10, yet we cruised through lines with a good TP. We stayed on site, and good advantage of EMH in the morning. My MIL didn't join us for the first EMH and arrived a bit later, after we had already been on 10+ attractions. You can be sure that she was up early the next day, and anxious to follow my plan.

The estimate is that 10 attractions in a day is average, but with a good TP and EMH, you can do that before the masses arrive. Then hit an early lunch, and hit shows and meet and greets during the busy afternoon.

Trust your Touring Plan. We are excited for our upcoming Easter trip and have no reason to be intimidated by the crowds. You can smile later in the day when you see 90 minute stand by lines, knowing that you did that earlier with no wait!
mc-hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc-hokie View Post
The Barnstormer & Dumbo FPs are disconnected from the rest of the park, which is why TP has you get them back to back.
Is this still the case though? I thought I read that the loophole had been closed.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
cme37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhnewcomb View Post
Just making sure: when you set your leave time, you've set it to "17:00", yes? (Took me half an hour to realize that the first time I used TP...)

Also to the OP, you have to drag events down and slightly to the right before they will move around. I finally figured out that if you just use "Evaluate", you can check it out, move things around, evaluate again, etc. without it trying to order things out for you. Or if you really don't know where to start, "Optimize" first, then tweak the order and evaluate.

You're right about the wait times not seeming quite right, though...I thought maybe mine were off just because my trip is so far off in the future? If you really want to add time to something, you can create a "break" and type in the notes section.
Yes, I changed it to 1700. It was just really strange because it kept ignoring that fact. Is there a way to do a touring plan for two parks in one day.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #9
mhnewcomb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, I changed it to 1700. It was just really strange because it kept ignoring that fact. Is there a way to do a touring plan for two parks in one day.
I haven't tried that, but I'd probably just do a second plan starting at the time you plan to arrive at the second park...

mhnewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you optimize after you changed the time and evaluated?

As for visiting two parks in the same day - we've done it before. You just decide which park you want to go to first, input arrival/departure times and list attractions you want to see. When that plan has been optimized, you then set up another plan for the second park, input arrival/departure time, optimize and you're good to go!

You might have to tweak things a bit if you find that the 1st park has a lot of down time, but its possible to do......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: