Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Sharing the Photo Pass+

Hi there, in past years I have shared the PP with another Diser that we travel with. This year I have purchased the PP+ and am curious how she and I will be able to share it. What do we need to do? Also, if you have used it, do you like it? Have you shared it? has that worked out? Any info will be greatly appreciated!
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
paysensmom
DIS Veteran

I do not know where I read this, but someone said they copied thier + card and it worked. I do not know how it turned out.
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
CKCruising
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paysensmom View Post
I do not know where I read this, but someone said they copied thier + card and it worked. I do not know how it turned out.
I don't know how you could copy the card (you would need the same stock and to copy front and back). You only need the red card for ride photos and dining photos. I don't think there would be an issue to write the ride photo numbers down and then add them later that day. I think for dining photos, you would need the card then.

You can add multiple photopass cards to the account before you order the CD.

April 2009 - Disney Magic Eastern Carribean, Nov. 2010 - Disney Magic Western Carribean
April 2010 - AKL (Jambo), August 2011 - SSR (THV) + VB, October 2011 - BLT [MNSSHP], March 2012 - AKL (Kidani), December 2012 - BLT [NYE]
CKCruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKCruising View Post
I don't know how you could copy the card (you would need the same stock and to copy front and back). You only need the red card for ride photos and dining photos. I don't think there would be an issue to write the ride photo numbers down and then add them later that day. I think for dining photos, you would need the card then.

You can add multiple photopass cards to the account before you order the CD.
so you physically need the card fr dining and rides? and then I can just copy cards like in past to add later? I swore someone said you can get ride pics as well, in case parties separate?
Old 01-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

You do need it when dining - we had to show ours at each picture spot and then show it again to receive the picture at the table.

Rides, as long as you remember the ride photo #, you can add it on later - although it would be a bit of a hassle.

Other photopass locations around the park, just use a regular photopass card and add them all to the same account.

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
gwmort
DIS Veteran

We did not try it, but I read that some people were successful with the ride photos having the CM scan a high res picture of the plus card bar code on their smartphone.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
SABeasley98
Earning My Ears

We were just there with extended family in mid December and shared the pp+. You have to have it for dining in order to get the printed photo for free. There is also a small receipt with the photo that has a photopass number on it. You can use this code to load all the photos that were taken at that dining experience onto your card. As far as the rides, if part of our group went on the ride and we didn't have the lanyard-then we just wrote down the number on our photo and brought the lanyard back later to have that photo added on. For everything else when our group was split up, we just used the usual pp cards and added them on to our account that night. Overall we really like the pp+. Since we split it between 2 families, each family only paid $75. To get all of our ride photos, dining experiences and other photos on a CD for only $75 each is a great bargain in my opinion!!!
SABeasley98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
chimilady
DIS Veteran

We shared by going say from the 1st - 7th and the next family was headed down the 8th - 14th. You physically have to have the card for dining packages, so having a high res photo won't really work, unless you only plan on doing that for rides.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #9
inkedupmomma

Thanks for all the tips! So basically I should be prepared to ride down the ride number? which is located on our pic outside of the ride? then what?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: