Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #46
MeMom
DIS Veteran

You are there!!!

The food looks good.

Quote:

I remember sitting there, amongst the craziness being completely happy with where I was. I was in the Happiest Place on Earth, sitting alongside one of my favorite girls ever. We had a whole trip in front of us that we both had been planning for such a long time. At times, I wondered if the trip would need to be cancelled. I feel guilty doing things for myself sometimes so I had to fight that feeling often. Money is always an issue it seems. But we had made it. We were together and my biggest girl was 13.
Morghan was a young lady and I was having a hard time with the fact that she was growing up. I wanted to capture this trip in a bottle and save the feelings up for a day when I needed cheering up. We were there and I felt very content and extremely blessed. Disney truly is our Happy Place.

Next up: Magic Kingdom!
Which is why I was so hoping this trip would not be scratched during those times of doubt.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #47
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I know that feeling. Claire and I had that our first day too. Such a special moment.

your room looks awesome. that is my goal, to stay in a royal room next trip. Did the distance bother you at all?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #48
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I remember sitting there, amongst the craziness being completely happy with where I was. I was in the Happiest Place on Earth, sitting alongside one of my favorite girls ever. We had a whole trip in front of us that we both had been planning for such a long time. At times, I wondered if the trip would need to be cancelled. I feel guilty doing things for myself sometimes so I had to fight that feeling often. Money is always an issue it seems. But we had made it. We were together and my biggest girl was 13. My daughter was a teenager and there was no rewinding time. She wouldn’t ever be my toddler or my preschooler. She wouldn’t let me choose her clothes or play Barbies with me. Morghan was a young lady and I was having a hard time with the fact that she was growing up. I wanted to capture this trip in a bottle and save the feelings up for a day when I needed cheering up. We were there and I felt very content and extremely blessed. Disney truly is our Happy Place.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Love this!!!

I can totally relate to everything you stated. When me & my DD go on these trips together, I feel the same way.

I just love mom/daughter trips! It's such a great way to spend time with our "little girls"!
Mom/Daughter Birthday Celebration! June 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post45286013
Mom/Daughter Christmas TR! 2011http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851142
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #49
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

A couple others copied that last paragraph too and I wanted to say how beautiful that is! Great sentiment and really sums up how we all feel about Disney and our kids. Well put!! I'm so happy that you guys made the trip!

The room is just beautiful - I've not seen pictures of the Royal Rooms before, but it is definitely an improvement over the old version of the rooms in the mansions. They were okay (we were there in 2008), but these are very pretty!
I'm glad you took LOTS of pictures.
Your food looks good too - I think that POR has one of the best QS on property - there are so many choices!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #50
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Your room at POR looks amazing! We used to stay there often and I really loved it.

I will always, always try to find a seat at the front of the ME bus (on the way there, at least.) I love the video they show, and getting to see that sign! Can't wait to read about your MK night!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Megablocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #51
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Wow, I want to stay in a Royal room! So pretty! Love all your pictures.

Port Orleans is so pretty. Never stayed there but have always wanted too.

I totally know that feeling. I had that last year with Jeremy on our mother/son trip.

Can't wait to hear about your MK day.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #52
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Your room at POR was beautiful! This made me tear up a little bit:

Quote:

I remember sitting there, amongst the craziness being completely happy with where I was. I was in the Happiest Place on Earth, sitting alongside one of my favorite girls ever. We had a whole trip in front of us that we both had been planning for such a long time. At times, I wondered if the trip would need to be cancelled. I feel guilty doing things for myself sometimes so I had to fight that feeling often. Money is always an issue it seems. But we had made it. We were together and my biggest girl was 13. My daughter was a teenager and there was no rewinding time. She wouldn’t ever be my toddler or my preschooler. She wouldn’t let me choose her clothes or play Barbies with me. Morghan was a young lady and I was having a hard time with the fact that she was growing up. I wanted to capture this trip in a bottle and save the feelings up for a day when I needed cheering up. We were there and I felt very content and extremely blessed. Disney truly is our Happy Place.
This is why these trips with our kids are so important. They are only young once and that time slips away so fast! It’s hard to believe my kids will be 14 and 10 soon, when I am pretty sure they were babies just yesterday! It looks like you and Morghan had a wonderful start to your trip and I am excited to read more about it!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #53
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
Great update Kelli I know how you feel, my oldest DD turned 13 last year.. I wanted to do a special trip with her too... tried to talk her into Disney for a night (just DTD) I hear ya on the money front! but she had her heart set on going to the Mall of AMerica! which we did this past summer for the day b/c I wasn't about to go in the middle of Winter lol (her bday is in Feb)

The Royal rooms look awesome!! I love POR
can't wait to read more what a special trip for you two!!
The Mall of America seems like lots of fun! We live in Minnesota and still have never been there! How embarrassing. Thanks for reading along with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Great update Kelli! I love the royal rooms at POR. They look so nice! The POR food court can get very crazy. But they do have some great food! Looks like everything was off to a great start, well other than the less than enthused front desk CM. I hate when that happens.

Can't wait to hear more!
Hey Shelly! The CM wasn't rude but she wasn't very nice either. Oh well! I was just happy to be there. And yes, the food court was kind of crazy. Still lots of good choices though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Duck888 View Post
Hi,

I just found your trip report and have enjoyed reading it. I am getting ready to take my first trip to disney with just my daughter and myself in May, (have been on several family trips but this is the first daddy daughter trip).

I got a bit choked up reading about how your daughter is really growing up on you, my daughter is only 6 and I already find myself missing things from two years ago and really see her growing up. They do grow so fast.

We are staying in a Royal room at POR a she still loves the princesses so your pics were a great preview of what the rooms look like.
Hi there, welcome, welcome! Your trip in May with your daughter will be sooooo wonderful. I'm excited for you! I agree, they grow up too fast. It's hard as a parent watching that. You just want to stop time for awhile. I hope you love POR!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #54
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your TR! loving it.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #55
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
You are there!!!

The food looks good.

Which is why I was so hoping this trip would not be scratched during those times of doubt.
Thanks for hoping for me MeMom! You know this all too well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I know that feeling. Claire and I had that our first day too. Such a special moment.

your room looks awesome. that is my goal, to stay in a royal room next trip. Did the distance bother you at all?
It was definitely special. The distance wasn't bad. A little tiring once in awhile but no, not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Love this!!!

I can totally relate to everything you stated. When me & my DD go on these trips together, I feel the same way.

I just love mom/daughter trips! It's such a great way to spend time with our "little girls"!
Thank you. There is something really special about moms and daughters. Thanks for hanging out here with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
A couple others copied that last paragraph too and I wanted to say how beautiful that is! Great sentiment and really sums up how we all feel about Disney and our kids. Well put!! I'm so happy that you guys made the trip!

The room is just beautiful - I've not seen pictures of the Royal Rooms before, but it is definitely an improvement over the old version of the rooms in the mansions. They were okay (we were there in 2008), but these are very pretty!
I'm glad you took LOTS of pictures.
Your food looks good too - I think that POR has one of the best QS on property - there are so many choices!
Hi Sheree! I don't remember seeing pictures of the old rooms. These ones are sure pretty. I'm so glad we gave them a try. Yes, POR has tons of food choices!!

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 02-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #56
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Your room at POR looks amazing! We used to stay there often and I really loved it.

I will always, always try to find a seat at the front of the ME bus (on the way there, at least.) I love the video they show, and getting to see that sign! Can't wait to read about your MK night!
Ok, so I am not alone in my love of the front row. Woohoo! Morghan thought I was a dork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Wow, I want to stay in a Royal room! So pretty! Love all your pictures.

Port Orleans is so pretty. Never stayed there but have always wanted too.

I totally know that feeling. I had that last year with Jeremy on our mother/son trip.

Can't wait to hear about your MK day.
You should definitely try to stay there. Staying right there by the river is just really, really peaceful. I loved the vibe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
Your room at POR was beautiful! This made me tear up a little bit:

This is why these trips with our kids are so important. They are only young once and that time slips away so fast! It’s hard to believe my kids will be 14 and 10 soon, when I am pretty sure they were babies just yesterday! It looks like you and Morghan had a wonderful start to your trip and I am excited to read more about it!
Thank you Erin. Gosh am I having a hard time with this growing up thing. It seriously just stinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Just caught up on your TR! loving it.
Hey, hey!! Please stick around.

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 02-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #57
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I am finally here and you have me in tears!!!

Quote:

But we had made it. We were together and my biggest girl was 13. My daughter was a teenager and there was no rewinding time. She wouldn’t ever be my toddler or my preschooler. She wouldn’t let me choose her clothes or play Barbies with me. Morghan was a young lady and I was having a hard time with the fact that she was growing up. I wanted to capture this trip in a bottle and save the feelings up for a day when I needed cheering up. We were there and I felt very content and extremely blessed. Disney truly is our Happy Place.

Next up: Magic Kingdom!

Beautifully said.

Cannot wait to hear more about it all!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #59
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I am finally here and you have me in tears!!!

Beautifully said.

Cannot wait to hear more about it all!
I'm in tears now too, re-reading that. There was just lots of emotion for me in this trip. I'm so happy you are here Brook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I love the room! And I love that you made this trip work for you & Morghan!
Hi Amy! Thank you! I'm so glad it worked for us. I'm missing Disney a lot right now!

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 03-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #60
Lovemy3babes

When I last left off, we were finishing up supper in the food court at POR, where we were staying. We had just checked in and had our whole trip in front of us! You know how exciting that feeling is. Darkness was falling so we gathered up our things and made the way back to our room. We lingered around the main pool for a while, checking out the sites there. By the time we got back to our room, I thought we would have our bags. But no-go. I was getting really sleepy. Travel days always make me super tired. I had carried on my laptop so caught up on some work while we waited for our bags. Finally about six hours after our plane landed, our bags made it to our room! We soon were asleep.

The next day was our Magic Kingdom day. This trip was very short (3 park days total) so we knew we had to make it a big day. And we always, ALWAYS start off in Magic Kingdom. Always! Morghan is not a morning person and is not fun waking up in the morning. Even while being in Disney World, I got some of that teenage attitude that morning. I had set the alarm so we could make rope drop with no problem. I was able to drag her out of bed finally and we left the room on time. It was a bright sunny October 16th morning in Florida. We grabbed some snacks from our room for breakfast so ate those while waiting for the bus. We didn’t wait long and soon we were at the Magic Kingdom!

Look how clear this day was!

We stood in the rope drop line behind this cool guy. He had tons of Disney gear on. Look at all those buttons.

Gosh, I love this place. This was the first time I have been there with the Halloween decorations and they are much better in person! I loved the look of them online but they are really something else up close.

Soon it was time to get our Magic Kingdom on!

Hello gorgeous-

We saw these lovely ladies but did not stop.

Morghan is a dare devil! So she moaned a little bit about hitting Fantasyland first. Too bad, so sad. Peter Pan was first! She was happy there was no line and I told her that was my goal for the majority of the day! Moms usually know what they are doing.

First ride of the trip!

Then to Small World… Why do people complain about this? It’s a classic!

Of course, no line there either. No more complaining, lol!

We skipped Winnie the Pooh out of compromise. I was bummed but didn’t let it show too much. It was her 13th birthday trip so we just moved on. Splash was next! It wasn’t hot but it wasn’t chilly so I was okay with this. We headed that way and again, just a walk on.

It’s funny when you rope drop, you see a lot of the same families on a lot of the same rides in the morning. Great minds! We ended up in line with a nice couple, with two boys. They boys were a lot of fun and were jealous that Morghan and I got to be in the first row for Splash. I would gladly switch my spot but again, Morghan is a daredevil!

These ride pictures kill me. Morghan laughs and I scream, very typical of the two of us. Ha!

Continued in next post...

(updated 2/20/14)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: