Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #31
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you were off to a good start!! I love how you can feel the warmth when you land in Orlando. You know you are finally there!!!

Hope you made your way to ME okay and were whisked away to your resort in no time!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #32
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Sounds like you were off to a good start!! I love how you can feel the warmth when you land in Orlando. You know you are finally there!!!

Hope you made your way to ME okay and were whisked away to your resort in no time!
Hey Shelly! It's such a neat feeling coming from cold and feeling some warmth when you land. You know you are on vacation for sure!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #33
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post

So we dropped those rugrats off and waited for my mom to come over. She took the day off from work to take us to the airport. We were driving there in my van and she would bring it back to my house for my husband to use that week.
Nice mom.

Quote:
At this point, I was feeling a little nervous and a little more sad about missing my kids. I was stoked to be spending time alone with Morghan but going to Disney without the other three kiddos pulled at my heartstrings a little bit.
You know how I am feeling about missing my girls in March.

Quote:
My mom started crying a little bit and gave us big hugs goodbye. I told her we could sneak her in my suitcase!
You'll have to do a trip with just her and your girls.

Quote:
They made the announcement over and over, asking for volunteers to take a later flight because they were over booked. No way was I doing that! The next flight would not have gotten us into Orlando until 11pm. They offered a future voucher, food/drink tickets and your flight money refunded. Very, very tempting but we just couldn’t do it this time. If I was alone? Maybe.
They were asking for volunteers to do this on our return flight in October. A man and his wife discussed it and took them up on the offer. I think he said they were going to go out for a nice dinner and just chill out until the next day's flight. They were with a larger group, and they arranged for one guy to get their car or something. I can't recall it all, but it was interesting and kind of fun to watch the spontaneity of the whole thing.

Quote:
It’s such an awesome feeling to finally arrive after months and months of planning. We were off to find the fake monorail!

We're here!

Nooooo......
Don't leave us hanging! At least get us onto Disney property!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #34
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I love the arrival day! I especially love landing and feeling the change in the temperature. And MCO is soooo confusing...I'm extremely directionally challenged, I just follow anyone I'm with!

My airport (Logan Airport in Boston) has those moving walkways, but I don't think they have the line down the middle showing which side to stand on and which to walk on. If you're my dad, yes, you probably stay on the wrong side to be a rebel. Or walk as fast as you can down it while hoping everyone is adhering to the "pass on the left" rule because someone else in your party is on the actual, non-moving walkway trying to beat you to the end. This of course never, ever happens.

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Megablocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #35
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Nice mom.

You know how I am feeling about missing my girls in March.

You'll have to do a trip with just her and your girls.

They were asking for volunteers to do this on our return flight in October. A man and his wife discussed it and took them up on the offer. I think he said they were going to go out for a nice dinner and just chill out until the next day's flight. They were with a larger group, and they arranged for one guy to get their car or something. I can't recall it all, but it was interesting and kind of fun to watch the spontaneity of the whole thing.

We're here!

Nooooo......
Don't leave us hanging! At least get us onto Disney property!
Your March trip will be different, huh MeMom? Not bad, just different. And wait until you get to bring all four of your girls back with you! That will be so great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I love the arrival day! I especially love landing and feeling the change in the temperature. And MCO is soooo confusing...I'm extremely directionally challenged, I just follow anyone I'm with!

My airport (Logan Airport in Boston) has those moving walkways, but I don't think they have the line down the middle showing which side to stand on and which to walk on. If you're my dad, yes, you probably stay on the wrong side to be a rebel. Or walk as fast as you can down it while hoping everyone is adhering to the "pass on the left" rule because someone else in your party is on the actual, non-moving walkway trying to beat you to the end. This of course never, ever happens.
Oh my word!! Your dad sounds hilarious! I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets lost often!

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #36
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Hi joining in. I think it's great that you and your daughter are taking this trip for her birthday. I'm looking forward to reading along.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #37
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Hi joining in. I think it's great that you and your daughter are taking this trip for her birthday. I'm looking forward to reading along.
Hi there and welcome! I'm so glad you are joining me. I was so excited to take Morghan on such a special trip.

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #38
2Monkeys
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear more about your mother/daughter trip!

My DD13 & I will be leaving Wednesday for our own mother/daughter trip for her 14th bday! We cannot wait!!!

DD's 1st trip ASMo 2003 DS's 1st trip ASMo 2004 9 nights at POP 2007 Surprise Weekend 2008 Rain, rain & more rain POFQ 2009 Big Fat Family Vacation Offsite 2012 Girls Only POR 2013 ToT 10-miler/MNSSHP/F&W 10/2-10/12/14

Check out my trip report: Magical & Not So Magical Moments - The Top Ten Things We Learned
2Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #39
SamanthaL
I got the cute kids AND a cute tag
I'll dance for you but I can't dance for me yet!
Hello there from the Universal board Tag Fairy!

Hey Cutie Patootie! Love this report! Your girl is so beautiful! Thanks for the shout out and I miss you!
1984 Poly, 1990 GF, 1991 GF, 1993 POR/BC, 1996 Poly/BC/CB, 1998 BC/FQ, 1999 YC, 2001 OKW, 2002 BCV, 2004 BWV, 2005 BWV, 2007 Contemporary/BWV, 2009 BWV/Contemp/2010 Poly,2011 RPR/ BWV 2012 Contemporary 6/13 AoA Suite/Cruise 11/2013 BWI CL

SamanthaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #40
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Monkeys View Post
Can't wait to hear more about your mother/daughter trip!

My DD13 & I will be leaving Wednesday for our own mother/daughter trip for her 14th bday! We cannot wait!!!
How wonderful for you two! I'm a little jealous I think! lol! Have so much fun and thanks for reading my report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaL View Post
Hey Cutie Patootie! Love this report! Your girl is so beautiful! Thanks for the shout out and I miss you!
Hey my lovely friend. I miss you. Thank you for popping over here!

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #41
Lovemy3babes

Port Orleans Riverside

When we last left off, we had just taken the fake monorail ride. That’s always a fun, quick little ride. I pulled my documents out and thankfully got us to Magical Express. Last time I flew into Orlando, I got myself lost in the airport. This time Morghan read and I navigated. We make a great team! I love how the airport has it marked on the big signs as well.

I love these:

The last time I flew Magical Express, I had to check in at the desk. This time though a nice man waved us by with a big Mickey glove. They checked our papers and sent us into the correct line. There was just one family in front of us.

We didn’t wait too long at all! Pretty soon we were directed out to this pretty sight:

I of course grabbed the front row, which Morghan thought was a little dorky of me. Apparently the cool kids sit at the back of the bus. Well, not at Disney!

The ride was nice. We watched the video and just relaxed and watched the beautiful sights pass us by.

Pretty soon, we saw this!!! This has got to be one of my most favorite signs in the world!

And then this one too!

We were so excited to be staying at a new resort! I had read great things about Port Orleans Riverside so couldn’t wait to see what everyone was talking about.

We found our way inside and the check-in lines were a bit of a mess. I had done online check-in before we arrived so knew to look for that line. No one else did apparently though because there was no one in that line.

The girl helping though wasn’t the most friendly, helpful CM ever. I was kind of bummed about that. I double checked our room requests and she wasn’t that thrilled about it all. I never like asking for anything extra or making waves so just did my best to smile and wait. It also took a very long time. I had plenty of time to snap more photos while waiting. Morghan sat in a very comfy chair and waited for me.

Soon we were ready to roll! Morghan was excited.

The view upon exiting was beautiful! It was a nice evening and we tried to take it all in! Look at this pretty guy:

Continued in next post...

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #42
Lovemy3babes

Port Orleans Riverside part 2

We had booked a royal room. I requested the Oak Manor building as that was closer to the action it seemed from the map. Our room wasn’t the closest but it wasn’t awful either. Room #9068 would be our home for a few days.

Morghan really loved the room! I wondered if it would be too babyish or anything for her since she’s 13 and her love of Princesses is gone now. But no way! She really, really liked it. We both loved all of the little touches. Beware there are a ton of photos! I wanted to capture it all.

As I said before, we loved the Royal Room! If I had one little negative, it probably was the room seemed a little dark. That did not impact our positive opinion at all however!

By that time, we were starved. It was supper time and we hadn’t eaten for awhile. We made our way up to find some din din! Morghan and I were on the dining plan, which I was very excited about. It just worked really well for us. I loved having the convenience of our meals being pre-paid. We were a little overwhelmed with all of the offerings in the food court frankly! We were just getting our bearings, needed something to eat and it was a madhouse in there! We also wanted something from two separate lines so that made it a little trickier, along with balancing a tray and our mugs that came with the dining plan. We did it though!

Morghan chose the turkey meal from the carving station and I selected the make your own salad. We both really liked our food!

We filled up our mugs with our choices of drink and then saved our bottle of water to take into the park the next day. That seemed to work great when eating at the resort.

I remember sitting there, amongst the craziness being completely happy with where I was. I was in the Happiest Place on Earth, sitting alongside one of my favorite girls ever. We had a whole trip in front of us that we both had been planning for such a long time. At times, I wondered if the trip would need to be cancelled. I feel guilty doing things for myself sometimes so I had to fight that feeling often. Money is always an issue it seems. But we had made it. We were together and my biggest girl was 13. My daughter was a teenager and there was no rewinding time. She wouldn’t ever be my toddler or my preschooler. She wouldn’t let me choose her clothes or play Barbies with me. Morghan was a young lady and I was having a hard time with the fact that she was growing up. I wanted to capture this trip in a bottle and save the feelings up for a day when I needed cheering up. We were there and I felt very content and extremely blessed. Disney truly is our Happy Place.

Next up: Magic Kingdom!

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #43
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Great update Kelli I know how you feel, my oldest DD turned 13 last year.. I wanted to do a special trip with her too... tried to talk her into Disney for a night (just DTD) I hear ya on the money front! but she had her heart set on going to the Mall of AMerica! which we did this past summer for the day b/c I wasn't about to go in the middle of Winter lol (her bday is in Feb)

The Royal rooms look awesome!! I love POR
can't wait to read more what a special trip for you two!!

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #44
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Great update Kelli! I love the royal rooms at POR. They look so nice! The POR food court can get very crazy. But they do have some great food! Looks like everything was off to a great start, well other than the less than enthused front desk CM. I hate when that happens.

Can't wait to hear more!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #45
Donald Duck888
Mouseketeer

Hi,

I just found your trip report and have enjoyed reading it. I am getting ready to take my first trip to disney with just my daughter and myself in May, (have been on several family trips but this is the first daddy daughter trip).

I got a bit choked up reading about how your daughter is really growing up on you, my daughter is only 6 and I already find myself missing things from two years ago and really see her growing up. They do grow so fast.

We are staying in a Royal room at POR a she still loves the princesses so your pics were a great preview of what the rooms look like.

DIS Dad # 630
Donald Duck888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: