Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #16
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Is that what they mean by a Navigator's Verandah on the Dream/Fantasy? Because those are included in the VGT rate on the Magic/Wonder and that verandah in the video has more of a view than those.

For half off, I'll take anything with sea air.
Techniquely no. That video does not show a navagotor veranda.
The view I suppose is better than some navigators on either ship class.
However only one large adult can stand on the actual veranda at a time.

Good point. Do you want a view or useable balcony space?
I would rather have a navigator anyday over these two.
Just trying to be informative.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #17
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

We booked VGT on the Wonder.

We got a navigator's veranda. aft I would of loved a mid ship,clear wall veranda.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #18
mommy2tati
DIS Veteran

Booked VGT on the Dream last year and got a 4A close to the aft elevators on deck 9. Loved that room. Just so happened it was the same room we had when we sailed the Dream 6 months earlier..

April 2009 - Disney Wonder
August 2011 - Disney Dream
February 2012 - Disney Dream
August 2012 - Disney Magic
August 2013 - Disney Fantasy Eastern
mommy2tati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #19
MKwatercraftPilot
Earning My Ears

I'm leaving next week on a 6 night out of Galveston (on the Magic) and booked VGT less than 30 days before sailing. We recieved our assignment only 8 days before sailing. I was really hoping for either a Navigators Verandah or a huge upgrade to a family stateroom on deck 8.

We ended up getting the Navigators verandah. Having not sailed yet, I'm very happy with the assignment since I have never sailed with a Navigators verandah before. Hopefully when I see the room I feel the same. Either way, we paid significantly less than a Navigators verandah or any other one if we had gotten it at face value.

There has been less than a month between my last cruise and this one so apparently frequency is not a candidate for upgrades (actually, it probably makes me less likely to get upgraded. They know they have me and they know I'm coming back.)

For the record, this makes my 4th DCL cruise. two were VGT, one was IGT and one I actually picked out my room. (I wanted to try an aft verandah).

One VGT we got pretty well upgraded (90XX on the dream, not a family size room, but still nice) and on the IGT we got a Deluxe inside, not a Standard, so I guess that's cool.

If you are concerned with the size of your room or your balcony size/shape/wall, don't book VGT. I'm super laid back, and like a PP, just want the sea air.

However, I can't see being concerned about your inside cabin. For gosh sakes, just book IGT.

Any room on a ship is better than being stuck at home or at work. That's my standpoint.
MKwatercraftPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #20
MontanaMouse
Mouseketeer

MKwatercraftpilot you are absolutely right. We have sailed three times now, all in the same room (4b) and love the room. However, going VGT is a great deal. I'm trying to look at the full picture here to ensure I can "go with the flow". As you and others have said any day on the ship is better than a day at work. I really appreciate everyone's insight...both the positives and the negatives.
MontanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #21
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I don't think I have any right to complain about the location/type of verandah on a VGT booking. After all, I chose that type of booking because it cost me 1/2 of what some other guests are paying....and approaches the cost of an inside cabin!

And....I've never figures out what a "bad" cabin is on any DCL ship. My adult DD like to say that she's done more DIsney cruises than she is years old, and I can't say we've ever had a bad cabin. We've had some with maintenance issues (which were handled when we reported them). But bad? no.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: