Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #31
jgh
Peter Pan!

I can't stand the thought of it either. When we went for New Years we had decided to try Islands of Adventure (not near as good as Disney!) but we couldn't go to Orlando and at least not get SOME Mickey, so we went to Downtown Disney as well.

jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #32
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

This past January, we did DTD the day we were flying home from a cruise (RCL) that sailed out of Cape Canaveral. I have to say it felt a little weird. (or maybe I’m a little weird )

It was strange being at DTD and knowing that you weren’t spending any more time there or at the parks (which we like WAY more than DTD). So it was kind like a little tease with very little payoff. We mainly went to DTD to have lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express which didn’t disappoint.

I kind of prefer an all or nothing approach.

Dan
POP, September 2011, 9 days Very Fun, Hot!
POP, September 2010, 8 days Magical!!!
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #33
lisagirl88
Mouseketeer

Dan,
I see your point. Maybe we will just stay away all together My DH won't mind. LOL! That just means I will have to start planning another full out Disney vacation in the next few years!
lisagirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #34
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Renaissance SeaWorld Orlando Hotel is where we stayed for our four nights. The room was huge and the hotel was amazing. They had a really nice water park type play area with a couple water slides for the kids (I went on the water slides as well, lots of adults did) as well as a huge pool and hot tub. They had a fire at night and also had some games that the kids could play like ping pong. You could take a bus over to Sea World or you could just walk across the street and through the Sea World parking lot.

I was on a budget for that trip and found a really good deal on the Sea World website that included park visits and dining plans ect. You also go the front of the line access for Sea World for free, which came in handy. Loved it. The only con about the package is that it had to be paid in full when you book.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #35
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

We've got a Disney cruise planned in March - and right now are planning a week in Florida pre-cruise - probably just beaching it in Fort Lauderdale. I don't know if I can handle being so close and yet so far.

That said, March prices at WDW for a 6 night trip is much more $$ than our off-season (Jan or late Aug) trips. Friends we are travelling with are talking about 1 day at MK pre-cruise - but I don't know if I can stomach paying so much for 1 day tickets - just doesn't feel like good value to me. Yet, it would be fun to be at MK with them. Dunno if I can justify the ticket prices though.Plus, I think it would be a let-down compared to our usual WDW trip which is on-site, 10-12 days long, with free dining. We love the full experience and this one day thing may just not cut it.

I've been going back and forth on this as the kids have been asking to go to Disneyland this year (our first time there) and if we do that, we definitely have to skip a WDW trip.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #36
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagirl88 View Post
Dan,
I see your point. Maybe we will just stay away all together My DH won't mind. LOL! That just means I will have to start planning another full out Disney vacation in the next few years!
Oh yeah, nothing wrong with that! It's a lot of fun (at least for me ) planning a full blown Disney trip.

Dan
POP, September 2011, 9 days Very Fun, Hot!
POP, September 2010, 8 days Magical!!!
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #37
pjhootch
Mouseketeer

We vacation a lot of different places and go to Disney every 2-4 years or so. I have to say I don't care much for Orlando as a vacation destination.

We've done non-Disney trips to Universal, and we've passed through Orlando on our way to Miami without stopping at all. Once when they kids were small we intentionally drove through Orlando in the middle of the night so they would be sleeping and not see the signs! It is kind of odd to skip Disney entirely when you are right in town. We basically fell into a routine of doing at least a day at the MK if we are around Orlando. One day tickets cost a lot, but then again, we get hit pretty hard with the Magic Your Way tickets, since we rarely do more than 4 or 5 days anyway.
pjhootch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: