Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
Realfoodie
Earning My Ears

What is "Scrapbooking Party" on Disney Cruise

Hi all!

I was looking at the Personal Navigator that someone posted for their cruise and on day 3 there was a "Scrapbooking Party" in Animator's Palate. Anyone know what that is? I love to scrapbook but wouldn't normally in this setting. But I do digital so all I need is my laptop. So, do ppl show up for 90 min with their supplies? Just curious cuz I can't find anything on it in a search. Thanks!

Colleen
Realfoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Takia
Mouseketeer

We attended on our last 3 night Dream cruise. They actually supplied some 12x12 papers (I do believe they were sponsored by DVC) and some random embellishments so you could make a few pages to take home with you.

The embellishments were foam letters, some non-Disney stickers, etc. Nothing stuff that was "wowing" or DCL specific. HOWEVER, they did allow us to take the paper with us so we could scrap at home. The papers are cute, but pretty basic. I will try and post some pictures of them when I get home.

Well worth at least stopping in for the paper!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

When we did it, we got a 12 x 12 sheet from the future cruise desk (along with a sales pitch). The "project" was plain paper and cardboard covers tied with string and decorated with markers and foam letters--a kid project.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

We have not attended that specific event, but have purchased scrapbooking supplies on the ship that are very much DCL-focused...Castaway Cay even has its own kit (pages, stickers, etc.) available on the island. That doesn't necessarily help if you are doing something digital, but our kids have thoroughly enjoyed commemorating our cruise(s) with this type of project.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

I have attended the scrapbook events twice. They do supply a couple of 12 x 12 sheets of DCL paper to you. However, most of the adhesives weren't suitable for scrapbooking IMHO. The second time I went, I just collected the paper and brought it home to scrapbook in leisure. I purchased a scrapbook kit on board and just stuck the DCL scrapbook sheets from this event in with the rest of the kit.
EeyoreIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
canadakath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeyoreIsMyName View Post
However, most of the adhesives weren't suitable for scrapbooking IMHO.
I second this. Forgive me for being a craft snob but glue sticks? Eek! But I used one of the free pages in my finished album.

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
Realfoodie
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the info! You don't sound like a scrapbooking snob...you sound like someone who values lasting scrapbooks...and for how much work (and money!) we put into them that is a wise choice!!

I was thinking maybe I could scan the paper and use it in my digital scrapbook!!

Happy scrapbooking!

Colleen
Realfoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

So glad to hear they sell scrapbooks papers on board. I hope they are better then the ones they sell at DL! I love picking up paper to scrap with once I get home!
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)
Heading back to Disneyland December 12-16th!!! Taking my nieces on their first trip to DL!!!

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: