Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #16
Brittmarie04
Mouseketeer

I vote to stick with you original plan. And do cruise than WDW. Your girls are the perfect age. And I think they will be soo excited to get to do both
Brittmarie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #17
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Your girls are at a perfect age for MK but not sure they'd enjoy that much in the other parks. So for that, I'd try to squeeze in a one day at MK and then off to the Fantasy for 7-days of relaxation!! At their age, you will not be riding everything in MK so one day should be very doable. Ideally I would fly in a Thursday night, hit MK on Friday and board the Fantasy on Saturday!!

My only other suggestion if you decide to stay with the Dream/WDW vacation would be to see if you could do the WDW first and then the 4-day Dream. This is difficult to do if you're limited to traveling on a weekend with the week off in between. If you can travel mid-week to mid-week you can book the WDW for like thursday, Friday, Saturday and then board the Dream on Sunday returning the followin Thursday. I only suffest this as the parks can be exhausting and it would be nicer to relax on the Dream after. I just did the Dream/Parks in OCT11 and came off the ship nice and relaxed but by the time I left to come home I was once again exhausted.
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #18
davisdenyel
Mouseketeer

What I did last year was go one day early and took the kids to MK. I took all my kids at the age of 5 to MK. I think it is such a magical time at that age! So I wanted my dd to have that experience as well. We were on a 7 day cruise on the Magic. Me and the two youngest kids got a one way plane ticket to go a day early and my husband and son drove (about 19 hours to port). Than we all drove back together.
davisdenyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #19
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Depending on your girls' interests, I like the idea of doing one day at MK before boarding the Fantasy. My DD is nuts about animals, though, so we knew that going to both AK and Sea World was a must. We let DD choose where to go on our fourth day at WDW, and she chose to go back to AK! We have to fly to get down there, so we won't be going very often. Consequently, we have to do as much as we can when we're there!

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #20
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

We did land sea when oldest was 5 and little one was 1.5. They loved both. The parks were amazing at that age. They bought all the magic and then some. Cruise was equally fun but I would not want to miss hose memories at parks bc it was perfect time o be there. They loved it later too but not as magical.
meajuly5 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: