Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #16
mb187143
DIS Veteran

We had a similar sized event with 59 guests. We used the WP and had our reception at the Grand Floridian. Unless all of your guest are staying at the same hotel, I do not recommend the motor coach for transportation. They will charge you the charter price and it was over $1000 for our events when you considered the charter started 2 hours before our event to accommodate 3 stops at the hotels. We used the luxury vans from the hotel and it cost about $250 total.

The WP is an easy walk from the GF, and DFTW recommended our guests park at the grand rather than the WP so their cars would be closer to the reception space and more easily reached at the end of the night. The WP and the ballrooms at the GF are on opposite ends of the GF Resort. Our guests walked from the WP to the GF convention center (where the ballrooms are) and it took them about 10 minutes at a very casual pace.

We had many guests who booked through their DVC and those rooms were easily added to our room block. We also had about 20 guests stay offsite, and still ended up with 89 nights in our room block. It adds up fast. You can absolutely skip the block though.

mb187143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #17
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much Cinder ella's mom and mb187143 ! Big help with that information ! The ballroom at the GF is one of the venues we are interested in. But I'm sure it's popular. We shall see soon.....about 38 more days we'll be able to sit down with someone.

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #18
mb187143
DIS Veteran

There are multiple ballrooms at the grand Floridian, and they can be sub-divided and will be sized appropriate to your guest count we used St. Augustine AB for 59 guests and it was perfect. We used the Whitehall room and patio for our pre-reception and our guests loved it. Hopefully you can see these venues when you go for a visit!

mb187143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #19
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb187143 View Post
There are multiple ballrooms at the grand Floridian, and they can be sub-divided and will be sized appropriate to your guest count we used St. Augustine AB for 59 guests and it was perfect. We used the Whitehall room and patio for our pre-reception and our guests loved it. Hopefully you can see these venues when you go for a visit!
I think they told us we can see 3-4 of our choice---so I will ask for these for sure. Thank you.

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: