Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #16
aprilbabes
Mouseketeer

Wondering why everyone is having so much trouble. I've made a few ADRs over the last few days online with no issues. I think only one time they didn't come up. I refreshed page a few minutes later and they were there. Why is it better to call and be on hold for long periods of time if you can use the site to do everything? Just wondering if i wasmossing something. Last year when we went I also made every ADR online and I had many changes along the way. Not once did I call and speak to anyone. Is it better to call for some reason?
aprilbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #17
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilbabes View Post
Wondering why everyone is having so much trouble. I've made a few ADRs over the last few days online with no issues. I think only one time they didn't come up. I refreshed page a few minutes later and they were there. Why is it better to call and be on hold for long periods of time if you can use the site to do everything? Just wondering if i wasmossing something. Last year when we went I also made every ADR online and I had many changes along the way. Not once did I call and speak to anyone. Is it better to call for some reason?
The website just isn't working for everyone. Some people still can't see their ADRs, it's showing wrong information, and since there is no option to pay your reservation at all online (they have stated it hasn't been added as a function yet) the only way to pay on your reservation is to call.
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #18
BensWife
Mouseketeer

DH called to make our reservations (wanted to do it over the phone and not on the flaky new website). He only had to wait 2 minutes! The whole call took 19 (including the survey). He called Friday (1/11) at 2:30 MST. I told him to call because I thought the wait time would be so long I couldn't do it at work (I am a teacher with only 30 min for lunch and can't make personal calls during plan time). Since he was off work, I made him do it. If I had known it wasn't a long hold time, I would have preferred to call myself. Yes, I am a control freak! hehehe

'77 DL - Holiday Inn
'93 DL - Disneyland Hotel
'98 WDW - Port Orleans French Q.
'10 DL - Grand Californian (June & Aug),
'12 DL - Candy Cane Inn
'13 WDW - Saratoga Springs (SWW)
July '14 DL - DLH (just DH and ME!)
Sept '14 DL - Renting Grand Californian Villas
BensWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
Dznypal
DIS Veteran

talking about issues with the website I have one

since I cant remember our psssword from our trip last yr

I go to the "forget password" and put in the email address but then theres no place to go after that

I can see "cancel" in the lower left but nothing to continue

does anyone know how I can do this--I tried setting a new account but it says the email address is already in use--duh!!!

I like to keep track of these things

any advice

also for the poster that wanted to make a payment you can do that through the automated there is a choice to make a payment and you just put in the info it asks for no person invouled and no wait!! I just did this the other day
Dznypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #20
gjl
Mouseketeer

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I was told by a CM to access the WDW web site through firefox instead of Internet Explorer or Safari, and I haven't yet had an issue with the new website. It shows my reservations, easily lets me make ADRs and all continue to show up linked together, etc. Good luck!
gjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #21
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasmic303
Is there an issue with the WDW reservations line? I need to cancel a reservation (we made other arrangements and need to cancel our just-in-case night at POR) and I'm getting really annoyed. I tried calling from work earlier today and hung up after 20 minutes being on hold and not speaking to a human; I was at work and couldn't wait any longer. Made the call again tonight just before 9pm thinking it would be slower...and I'm still on hold. For 44 minutes and counting.

Needless to say, this is NOT magical. I should not have to sit on hold for more than an hour to complete a transaction that is going to take less than 90 seconds to complete.

Anyone else having issues? I can't cancel online as far as I can tell, but is there any other option? Or a customer service email for reservations?
While at AKL last week I tried three different times to book bounce back. Never able to get through after waiting an hour plus each time. Came home and tried the phone number off and on for three days with no luck then either. What a miserable cluster!
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #22
aprilbabes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjl View Post
I don't know if this will help anyone, but I was told by a CM to access the WDW web site through firefox instead of Internet Explorer or Safari, and I haven't yet had an issue with the new website. It shows my reservations, easily lets me make ADRs and all continue to show up linked together, etc. Good luck!
I've been using safari and have not had any issues yet with ADRs.
aprilbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #23
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilbabes View Post
I've been using safari and have not had any issues yet with ADRs.
We use Safari as well with no ADR issues; also no problems with the Cruise line website. Had to call dining reservations last week had about a 5 minute hold time. Just lucky I guess.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #24
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

Called today and had the longest wait in the probably hundreds of times we've called Disney. And on top of that the cast member starting asking us questions like "is your brother staying with you?"... Um no and I'm just trying to modify my reservation. I think they must have a lot of newly trained employees right now.

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

polyfor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #25
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

I called this morning and it was *only* a 15 minute wait. Shortest wait I've had in almost two weeks

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #26
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

Weird, I've never waited more than a couple of minutes. Guess I won't call them to remind them about my room requests, I arrive on the 21st
arcticdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #27
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

It's a good time to have a TA lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: