Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
lisagirl88
Mouseketeer

Need hotel with easy access to SW, Legoland and WDW and we don't want to be onsite.

We are planning a trip for March and want a suite type hotel(2 adults, 2 kids) that is near SW, Legoland and WDW. We haven't decided our itinerary yet but will have our first full day at Legoland and then visit the parks in the Orlando area. Any recommendations?
lisagirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

There's NOTHING close to Legoland. (My dad's house is down that way... you don't want to stay there LOL!)

I would stay up in Lake Buena Vista. It's an easy hop on I-4 with SeaWorld one exit away and Legoland down I-4 and US 27 aways (It's just kind of out there!)

I tend to go with the Marriott Village hotels (Fairfield, Courtyard or Springhill) but that's because I collect thier points for free travel! Just about every chain has an option in Lake Buena Vista and most of them are fine. I would avoid the Radisson option, it looks very unappealing!
OrangeCountyCommuter is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

I would look for a condo rental like in Windsor Hills! Close to WDW and not too far from Seaworld!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
akadada
Doin' It All for My Baby.

We had a great experience at Floridays and Cypress Harbour. Both close to Sw and Disney
akadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #5
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

I feel like Wyndham Bonnet Creek should put me on their staff because I recommend them so much , but they really are great. They aren't onsite, but you do have to actually drive onto the Disney property to get to them. They have 2BR/2BA units that would be perfect for you (in fact, everything from 1BR/1BA to 4BR/4BA).

They are convenient to WDW and SW as well as to I-4 for Legoland. My parents actually live very near Legoland (can see the fireworks at night from their house). They said that there are very nice charter buses that bring people down from Orlando. The drive is very easy (extremely easy to get to LL - probably about 45 minutes to a hour - traffic has really increased over the years), but the bus might be convenient as well.

You can look at the posts on this board to find out more about WBC. I've rented through ebay, but many posters have used vacationupgrades.com. I recommended it to a friend, and she got a 3BR for $120 a night.

I will add that if you really want a suite, Staybridge Suites or Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista are nice with great free breakfasts. SS has one and 2BR units (the 2BR has 2BA).
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
There's NOTHING close to Legoland. (My dad's house is down that way... you don't want to stay there LOL!)

I would stay up in Lake Buena Vista. It's an easy hop on I-4 with SeaWorld one exit away and Legoland down I-4 and US 27 aways (It's just kind of out there!)

I tend to go with the Marriott Village hotels (Fairfield, Courtyard or Springhill) but that's because I collect thier points for free travel! Just about every chain has an option in Lake Buena Vista and most of them are fine. I would avoid the Radisson option, it looks very unappealing!
I was looking at booking Springhill Suites but some of the reviews on TripAdvisor are not so great. I know that every hotel has good and bad, with most people only posting the bad. So Springhill Suites is ok?
reelmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #7
MattM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post

This is just inaccurate. There are plenty of hotels/restaurants within minutes of Legoland. And the area is perfectly nice too. I would be happy to recommend hotels if you wanted to stay close to Legoland, but I don't think that's what you asked for.

The Lake Buena Vista area is a good compromise to enjoy more of Orlando. Plan anywhere from 35-45 mins to get to Legoland, depending on traffic. Its an easy drive.
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #8
MattM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I was looking at booking Springhill Suites but some of the reviews on TripAdvisor are not so great. I know that every hotel has good and bad, with most people only posting the bad. So Springhill Suites is ok?
The Spring Hill Suites is fine. You have to take TripAdvisor with a grain of salt. People are more likely to write a review if something didn't meet their expectations.
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:41 AM   #9
swilshire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by conniehar90 View Post
I would look for a condo rental like in Windsor Hills! Close to WDW and not too far from Seaworld!
Windsor Hills or Mystic Dunes right behind it has easy access to I-4 via a toll road (50 cents I think we paid). That gets you to Legoland pretty easily. WDW is minutes away snd Sea World not too much farther.

Nothing is going to be close to all three. Another option would be the HGVC right at Sea World which also has easy access to I-4.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote