Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
kjduncan
Mouseketeer

pay corkage fee or buy bottle?

Does anyone know the typical amount a bottle of wine would cost in the MDR or if there is a wine list somewhere? I'm trying to decide if it's more economical to bring our own bottles in and pay the $20 corkage fee each time or just buy a few bottles there. If they have some for $30 or $35 I'd rather just get theirs.
kjduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

You can drink much better wine if you buy it on shore and pay the corkage. I like Oregon Pinot Noir and they had very little on the ship. I brought my own and paid the corkage.
MillauFr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
hudson3709
"It started with a mouse"

You can also go to one of the bars before dinner, ask for an empty glass, and just bring a glass of wine to dinner with you. No fees, but also no refills.
hudson3709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know is the corkage fee per night or per bottle? For example, if we bring our own bottle and don't finish it (which is likely as one glass will have me very happy! ), will they hold the bottle for the next night and serve it without the corkage fee?
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergusBC View Post

Does anyone know is the corkage fee per night or per bottle?
It's per bottle, and they'll hold it for the next night.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
Keira1387
Married at Disney August 2, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergusBC View Post
Does anyone know is the corkage fee per night or per bottle? For example, if we bring our own bottle and don't finish it (which is likely as one glass will have me very happy! ), will they hold the bottle for the next night and serve it without the corkage fee?
They will keep it, and take it with you to the next restaurant for you. You will only pay the corkage fee once per bottle.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Oooh...thank you so much for the quick replies! I think it will be way more cost effective to bring our own bottles then...it's just too nice to have a glass of wine with dinner. And that will leave me a little extra to splurge on the drink of the day instead. Don't worry Disney, you'll still get plenty of drink money out of me !!
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

I purchased a bottle of moscato on board for $29 ant the servers brought it to ea mdr and sat it bucket of ice beside our table. This made refills go faster.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Typically I ony drink one glass of wine with dinner. My plan is to order the cheese platter and an empty glass. Have a glass and refill it before going to dinner...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #10
Bunless
Mouseketeer

Also, the corkage fee is the same if you have a magnum.

December '06 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
Fall '07 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1617056
February '08 Wilderness Lodge http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
January '09 Disneyland http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2075224
February/March '09 Grand Californian http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134228
October 2009 Grand Californian, January 2010 Eastern Caribbean/Vero Beach, February 2011 Old Key West, October 2011 Food and Wine/Old Key West, February 2012 Aulani, July 2012 Alaska Cruise,
December 2012 Saratoga Springs, February 2013, Saratoga Springs, July 2013 Mediterranean Cruise
Bunless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #11
noriega
Earning My Ears

Just back from our 8 Night Bahamian Cruise on Magic out of Galveston.

We took five bottles (2 white and 3 red) of popular wines that cost me about $100. I uncorked each bottle in cabin and then we walked down to dinner with glasses and bottle in hand each night. Each night we were able to finished bottle at the table.

We were prepared to be charged for each, but were only charged the $20 cork fee once.

The benefit to already having a bottle in hand is: it helps you decide what to order for diner. Instead of trying to decide what wine to order with each item on the serveral choices on the menu.

We bought a cool bottle cork from the liquior shop.
noriega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:39 AM   #12
BrennaM
Mouseketeer

Corckage fee was not bad at all. We did this for our Alaskan cruise by bringing several bottles of red and white aboard. Just fair warning though, be sure to bring wine you know well. We took a few wines that we didn't know and got burned on one of our bottles because the wine was waaaaaay off balance. We ended up buying the 3 bottle wine package and then left our other red wines back in the room for the afternoons. Thankfully we didn't have an issue with our whites.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
~Walt Disney

2004 - Port Orleans - French Quarter | 2005 - Beach Club Resort | 2008 - Grand Gathering @ Animal Kingdom Villas | 2010 - Disney Cruise - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise | 2012 - Disney Land & Sea - Animal Kingdom Villas & 5 day Bahama Cruise | 2012 - Disney Cruise - 7 Night Alaskan Cruise | 2013 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise | Summer 2014 - Adventures By Disney - Ireland | Winter 2014 - Family New Years @ Animal Kingdom Villas | Summer 2015 - Disney Cruise - 12 Night Northern Europe Cruise
BrennaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #13
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noriega View Post
Just back from our 8 Night Bahamian Cruise on Magic out of Galveston.

We took five bottles (2 white and 3 red) of popular wines that cost me about $100. I uncorked each bottle in cabin and then we walked down to dinner with glasses and bottle in hand each night. Each night we were able to finished bottle at the table.
We did the same. We had room service deliver a corkscrew and 2 clean glasses every day to our cabin. I loved having the wine I wanted. However, we just took our glasses to dinner - not the bottle.

We said next year, we would do late dinner seating so that we could have appetizers in our room about 5:00ish with one glass of wine pre-show. Then take the other glass to dinner w/ us. That works out to a bottle per day for the 2 of us. I'm already looking forward to picking out my wine for my next cruise in December . . .

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
Sir William
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow

We did the same. We had room service deliver a corkscrew and 2 clean glasses every day to our cabin. I loved having the wine I wanted. However, we just took our glasses to dinner - not the bottle.

We said next year, we would do late dinner seating so that we could have appetizers in our room about 5:00ish with one glass of wine pre-show. Then take the other glass to dinner w/ us. That works out to a bottle per day for the 2 of us. I'm already looking forward to picking out my wine for my next cruise in December . . .

Jodie
Very similar to what we've done. We bring our own wine and corkscrew, and ask the steward for glasses (and they have all been great about bringing clean glasses each day). We'd have a glass before dinner than take a glass to dinner. The glasses held a large quantity so would last us through dinner.

We bought a bottle one evening after enjoying same at a wine tasting earlier that afternoon. We drank half one night and the servers had it waiting for us the following night. I think the price was about $30, which included the corkage fee. The bottles we brought on board would have exceeded this if we'd brought the bottles to dinner with us and paid the corkage fee.
DL 1956; DL 1961; DL 1963; DL 1972; WDW 1979; DL 1983; WDW 1994; WDW Mar 1996; WDW (SOG) Aug 2000; WDW (SOG) Jan 2001; WDW (SOG) Jan 2005; Disney Magic, Western Caribbean, Jan 2011; WDW July 2011 (off-site); DVC (SSR) July 2010; Disney Magic, Bahamas, May 2012; WDW (SSR) May 2012; DVC (Aulani) May 2012; Aulani Apr 2013; DVC (SSR & BWV) June 2013; WDW (VWL) Mar 2014; Disney Dream, Bahamas, Mar 2014; Disney Magic, Mediterranean, May-Jun 2014
Sir William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #15
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

We took a liter and a half bottle when we cruised in October. It lasted us several nights and we only paid one corking fee. It was well worth it.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: