Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #16
misslissa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona65 View Post
I beg of you, for all of the rest of us, please, please, buy a smaller stroller. Leave the big stroller at home. TDBIASWS.
LOL... It is actually about the same size as most folding strollers... So, the size isn't really the issue. I also don't intend to drive over anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboysmom View Post
Obviously someone thinks they speak for all of us but I think you will be fine with that stroller. There will be far bigger more cumbersome strollers than yours. Just be polite (which I am sure you will be). Have your little guy out and have the stroller folded and ready to go. You take your baby and sit down and your DH stand towards the second set of doors with the stroller (unless you take an uncrowded bus).

Btw, what does TDBIASWS mean? Doesn't seem to be a usual dis abbreviation.
As I mentioned, we've travelled alot with this stroller and gotten in and out of many cabs in NYC, vans in Nassau, and all around various city subway systems. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ View Post
While waiting for the bus I made sure the basket was empty. When we saw the bus coming we took the girls out and removed the second seat. I was able to quickly fold the base when I got to the bus door and then I walked to the rear with both pieces. I used a "mommy hook" to secure the second seat to the base -- can you use something similar on the bug so that both hands hold the base?

Just make sure you start getting the stroller ready to fold BEFORE the bus arrives. It will save a lot of time - and stares
Great. This is sounds like what we usually do. I have the mommy hook and we will only be going to 2 parks, for 2 days... So, I'm still undecided so I'm going to think on it still alittle more.

Thanks all!
May 2007 - Pop Century Resort/Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2008 - First Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean
February 2009 - Polynesian Resort
January 2013 - Port Orleans/Disney Dream (with baby)
June 2013 - Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando (with baby)
August 2013 - Joined DVC
February 2014 - First stay at home - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
misslissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #17
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboysmom View Post
Obviously someone thinks they speak for all of us but I think you will be fine with that stroller. There will be far bigger more cumbersome strollers than yours. Just be polite (which I am sure you will be). Have your little guy out and have the stroller folded and ready to go. You take your baby and sit down and your DH stand towards the second set of doors with the stroller (unless you take an uncrowded bus).

Btw, what does TDBIASWS mean? Doesn't seem to be a usual dis abbreviation.
That poster adds it to almost every post without explaining.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Some info and a bit of foolery here about the acronym:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....s#post46965715
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #19
hpsalb
Mouseketeer

I can't speak much for the parks, since DS will be going on his first WDW in a few months, but we have taken him on DCL. I am considering taking our larger stroller to the parks and sticking with a small umbrella for the cruise. Space is at a premium onboard, so I would consider the smallest option for that. We are driving, so it won't be hard to leave one in the car during the cruise - I don't know what your travel plans are, so that may not be possible.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #20
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslissa View Post
LOL... It is actually about the same size as most folding strollers... So, the size isn't really the issue. I also don't intend to drive over anyone.

As I mentioned, we've travelled alot with this stroller and gotten in and out of many cabs in NYC, vans in Nassau, and all around various city subway systems. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Great. This is sounds like what we usually do. I have the mommy hook and we will only be going to 2 parks, for 2 days... So, I'm still undecided so I'm going to think on it still alittle more.

Thanks all!
It sounds as if you have plenty of experience handling this stroller. You might want to also give it a go on a crowded bus before you commit to taking it to Disney. Dragging a stroller of any size up the bus steps and then balancing it in the aisle while the bus rounds corners is a big challenge when you've got a little one in your lap (or worse, while you're standing and holding the child in one arm and grabbing a bar for balance with the other). I'm not saying that it's impossible. It will just be easier if you have some practice.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #21
misslissa
DIS Veteran

We have done it on a busy city bus a number of times but decided to go pick up a MacLaren's Quest tonite. A little easier because it is only one piece. Thanks for the feedback all!
May 2007 - Pop Century Resort/Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2008 - First Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean
February 2009 - Polynesian Resort
January 2013 - Port Orleans/Disney Dream (with baby)
June 2013 - Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando (with baby)
August 2013 - Joined DVC
February 2014 - First stay at home - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
misslissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #22
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslissa View Post
We have done it on a busy city bus a number of times but decided to go pick up a MacLaren's Quest tonite. A little easier because it is only one piece. Thanks for the feedback all!
We have a Quest that I use when I have the baby alone and we love it - good choice! Mac's are great strollers. Have fun!
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining

~~~~~~~~~Taking a Disney Break! Not sure when we'll be back...~~~~~~~~~
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #23
jillianjigs7
DVC Member

We have a Stokke Xplory. It's a rather large stroller that doesn't fold compactly and have had no problems traveling with it both on the Disney Cruise and throughout Disney (on buses, boats, etc). My husband usually handles the stroller while I take our DD and any bags we may have. The bus drivers usually ask us to break it down more, but once we explain the stroller they don't ask anymore questions. People have always been accommodating and understanding with us and the big stroller.

Now that DD is almost 3 though, we did go out a buy a City Mini for our Disney trips.

jillianjigs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:37 AM   #24
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I love my full size UppaBaby for home, but take the G Luxe to Disney. It's comfortable for ds, folds super easy, is light to push around, but what I like most is it's smaller size for navigating through the crowds and shops. I originally had a Maclaren Techno but it didn't fold as easily for me.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #25
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

I know this is a little OT but just wanted to let anyone with the bagaboo strollers know that there was a recall

http://wemakeitsafer.com/Bugaboo-Cam...-129415-596710
DD (2014)
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: