Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
Rland8228
DIS Veteran

Need some help with AP and how to go about purchasing them.

We are going March 2-8. I was planning as of right now to just book the room only at pop for 676.00 with the spring time offer. Then we figured we would just purchase the AP's when we arrived.We are thinking if our tax check actually gets here the middle of feb. We could purchase dinning just to make it easier on us. So i thought I would possibly add a one day ticket and then add dinning and then upgrade our tickets once we got down there. My question is how would we go about upgrading? My other question is everyone seems to say that you should just get the TIW card and its a lot better then the dinning plan. and advice as far as that goes?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rland8228 View Post
We are going March 2-8. I was planning as of right now to just book the room only at pop for 676.00 with the spring time offer. Then we figured we would just purchase the AP's when we arrived.We are thinking if our tax check actually gets here the middle of feb. We could purchase dinning just to make it easier on us. So i thought I would possibly add a one day ticket and then add dinning and then upgrade our tickets once we got down there.

My question is how would we go about upgrading?
USE your one-day ticket to go into a Theme Park.
That same day, go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations at the parks, TTC, or DTD and upgrade to an AP.

The cost will be the current (that day) cost of an AP, minus the current cost of a one day ticket.
(All, plus tax.)
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rland8228 View Post
We are going March 2-8. I was planning as of right now to just book the room only at pop for 676.00 with the spring time offer. Then we figured we would just purchase the AP's when we arrived.We are thinking if our tax check actually gets here the middle of feb. We could purchase dinning just to make it easier on us. So i thought I would possibly add a one day ticket and then add dinning and then upgrade our tickets once we got down there. My question is how would we go about upgrading? My other question is everyone seems to say that you should just get the TIW card and its a lot better then the dinning plan. and advice as far as that goes?
I think you have to do the math for yourself to decide which is better for you-meal plan or TiW. You can pull up the menus for the restaurants that you plan to eat at and see what your meal price would be. When we did the math TiW was the way to go for us. However, we are not big eaters when we are at Disney. We do not eat dessert with any meal even if it is "free" and we sometimes enjoy a meal of just appetizers.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

You have to sit and list all your expenses. With the TiW card, the cost is $100....it's gone up this year. I used to have it all the time, but not anymore. And I seldom do the DDP. Just isn't a good choice for me.
Sit down, with the menus for the places you plan on eating. Add up what you would order there...and don't forget to add in that tip!! Figure what it will cost you per day for food...then figure what the DDP will cost you per day. And when you do your DDP figuring..don't forget to add the tip in there since it isn't covered in the DDP!!!
It looks like you're going for just 5 or 6 nights...the TiW may not be worth it to you unless you're planning on a lot of expensive eating/drinking!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: