Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

So...what attractions do you feel aren't worth attending?

DW and I are heading down in 10 days - just the two of us

While going over our TP, we both agreed that we are going to skip Its a Small World - she did it once and not interested in doing it again and my father overdid it with this one when we were growing up.

We are also not too keen on Captain Jack Sparrow at DHS - the reviews seem to to only reinforce that one for us.

We are split on Belle, but its not what you think - I want to go and she isn't too keen on it

Last edited by Herfnerd; 01-09-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Herfnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herfnerd View Post
DW and I are heading down in 10 days.

While going over our TP, we both agreed that we are going to skip Its a Small World - she not interested and my father overdid it with this one when I was growing up.

We are also not too keen on Captain Jack Sparrow at DHS - the reviews seem to be less than stellar.

We are split on Belle, but its not what you think - I want to go and she isn't too keen on it

Just the two of us this time around!
I actually thought the Jack Sparrow thing was pretty good. If you want to go to ETWB, either rope drop or late at night.
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
ScrampShopper
Mouseketeer

Disney couldn't pay me to ever waste my time on Stich's Great Escape again. Did it on my 1st trip and didn't enjoy it at all.
ScrampShopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
kmarie99
Mouseketeer

Soarin!

I have been on it and just don't get the hype... so not worth the wait (for me) but I am sure people will say that it is and other will say that they don't like some ride that I like.

So I guess in a post like this you are going to see every ride listed at least once. That is the great part about Disney there is a ride (or 20) for everyone
Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrampShopper View Post
Disney couldn't pay me to ever waste my time on Stich's Great Escape again. Did it on my 1st trip and didn't enjoy it at all.
Agreed.

I don't know if that Narnia thing at DHS is still going, but that too is a huge waste of time (and valuable space).
Old 01-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
kmarie99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
Agreed.

I don't know if that Narnia thing at DHS is still going, but that too is a huge waste of time (and valuable space).

Narnia was replaced by the Captain Jack thing... I belive.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #7
Oathkeeper13
Earning My Ears

In my opinion there are a few rides that are not worth going on.

In Magic Kingdom: The Jungle Cruise is boring, stitches great escape is horrible I still gag thinking of the hot dog burp effect, And I know that this is my own opinion here but Adventures of Winnie The Pooh is really not that great of a ride especially considering the fact that there is always a huge line.
Oathkeeper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #8
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarie99 View Post
Narnia was replaced by the Captain Jack thing... I belive.
Oh well. It doesn't sound like they've repurposed the area to any better use. Too bad.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #9
ruckelc
Earning My Ears

I would say to not discredit any of the rides based on other opinions and just try to do everything that you can and then come back and hit your standout favorites. You may find what to you is a sleeper hit that other people don't really enjoy all that much.
ruckelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #10
Paradise18
DIS Veteran

Stitch's Great Escape - one and done for me.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #11
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

Stitch is my favorite character, but Stitch's Great Escape isn't that great.

On the other hand, I LOVE It's a Small World. I'm just a sucker for any 'water' ride!

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
pixiedixie862
Earning My Ears

At Disneyland, definately its a small world.... hate that ride! Jungle cruise is another unless you are tired and just wanna get on a ride to rest your feet. I feel like haunted mansion is another unless its a special one where they change the decor to the nightmare before xmas. All the kiddie rides like winnie the pooh also. Im over them but will get on them if i feel like I need to sit down for a few minutes.
pixiedixie862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #13
PAGAS
Mouseketeer

Stitch for sure~
Disneyland March 2014 * Coronado Springs May 2014 * Port Orleans August 2014
PAGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #14
pickles
Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someone has to play the part of the bad pirate
Most Observant DISer Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarie99 View Post
Soarin!

I have been on it and just don't get the hype... so not worth the wait (for me) but I am sure people will say that it is and other will say that they don't like some ride that I like.

So I guess in a post like this you are going to see every ride listed at least once. That is the great part about Disney there is a ride (or 20) for everyone
I use to agree about doing snorin until I got a chance to be top row middle..totally different experience. Now I wait and request that spot and enjoy the ride

as far as not doing somethig..if you have never done it, with a 10 day trip..why not try it? no way to know what you may like or not like until you do
pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #15
dna1990
Earning My Ears

It depends on the criteria, right? For example, for thrill versus waittime - I put Toy Story Mania way down on the list. Oh sure, we rode it twice each visit, but right at RD with no line. But in the end, it is not much more than a video game. Even Buzz seems better, due to the real environment you are in. Yep, I said it - vote No to TSM if wait > 5 mins. We saw posted times top 2 hours last week. Standing in line for 150 mins to play a video game. However, TSM queue is my favorite...looks just like my own room as a kid - same toys, same make-believe contraptions.

Agree on Stitch. Alien Encounter puts this replacement to shame. Sure, not exactly MK demographics, but AE was a great and creative scare ride. Stitch being its sophomoric follow up is a disgrace to the diehard Stitch fans out there.

PaterPan and Pooh are great little rides for small kids and very nostalgic for adults. But so not worth more than a 10 min wait. Get these out of the way early in the day. IASW should be one and done for all visitors.

Here is one - Journey into Imagination. Both the latest rendition of the ride and the interactive zone afterwards are mere shells of what were very cool attractions 20 years ago. Fine to replace an attraction, but don't gut one. Again a let-down to diehard Figment fans.

I forget the name, but the Exploration area in AK you take the train to. The lab portion is not enough for those truly interested in animal sciences and the so-called petting zoo is out performed by even the local 4H fair. This is likely a neat area when on some backstage tour where you get to talk with the real vets and techs that make AK work, but not as a normal tourist.

Soarin'? We think only row 1 is worth riding. Seeing feet seems to suspend the belief of flying. Also perfer the sides instead of the middle, as the turns/banks seem to be amplified. Not worth wait > 15 mins.

But to the OP, the beauty of a 10-day trip - is choice. You will have time to revisit parks, some mornings, some evenings. Some rides are much better at night (like Space Mountain, just kidding). But you know what I mean. Hit the attractions you know for sure, but leave room for some fillers. They might be your new favorites.
dna1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: