Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #1
justjeff
DW for fun

Checking in 2 diff nights, only 1 dining plan?

We are staying in Orlando, then setup 1 night at All Sports SAT-> SUN(late evening)..

Then setup 4 nights in ALL Sports SUN -> THUR (with Dining plan and 8 day tickets)

Final reservation offsite outside Disney (legoland and other attractions incl some Disney) 3 nights

Can we pickup our tickets SAT or earlier and start hitting park (w/o dining).

Can we just use Dining on our 2nd reservation SUN-THUR?

Are we ok to keep going to the park w/ the 8 day pass bought on the 2nd reservation (w/Dining even) though we will be offsite and w/o dining on the later part of the trip? My assumption is we can only use the 4 nights worth of credits the 4 days we are there on the 2nd reservation; but can use the tickets anytime as long we stay within 14 day window from first use.
justjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjeff View Post
We are staying in Orlando, then setup 1 night at All Sports SAT-> SUN(late evening)..

Then setup 4 nights in ALL Sports SUN -> THUR (with Dining plan and 8 day tickets)

Final reservation offsite outside Disney (legoland and other attractions incl some Disney) 3 nights

Can we pickup our tickets SAT or earlier and start hitting park (w/o dining).

Can we just use Dining on our 2nd reservation SUN-THUR?

Are we ok to keep going to the park w/ the 8 day pass bought on the 2nd reservation (w/Dining even) though we will be offsite and w/o dining on the later part of the trip? My assumption is we can only use the 4 nights worth of credits the 4 days we are there on the 2nd reservation; but can use the tickets anytime as long we stay within 14 day window from first use.
There have been varying reports, but you SHOULD be able to pick up your tickets early with your first reservation. I've never done this, so can't give advice as to how you do that. If you go to the Theme Park board, there is a ticket sticky that should answer that question.

Your dining plan will start as soon as you check-in at your 2nd reservation and you can use it until midnight of the day you check out.

Your tickets are good until you've used all 8-days or 14 days after you begin using them, so yes, you can use them during your off-site stay.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Yes, you can pick up your park tickets 3 days prior to the start of a package. We did this on our December 2010 trip without any problem. Usually you have to go to a park's guest services and request early ticket pick up, but since your first night resort is the same as your package resort, you might be able to get your park tickets at that resort. I have read reports of this being the case, but I have not experienced it myself. When checking in for the first night, ask about early ticket pick up and they should be able to help you. If not, just go to guest services at any park and they will be able to accommodate your request. I only needed a picture ID when I did it, but others have reported needing their package confirmation number, so I would have that with you just in case. As the pp mentioned, your dining credits cannot be used early and will be activated for use when you check in for your package. Have a great trip.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: