Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Talking reality tv has hit an all time low.

I really have to get my creative juices flowing because I'm convinced we will now watch any thing...

ALL MY BABIES' MAMAS

A new reality-TV special being developed for the Oxygen Network tells the story of Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo and his 11 children with 10 different women. But "All My Babies' Mamas" is creating more anger than excitement, and protest groups have called for the show to be cancelled.

Pre-production clips leaked to YouTube show Shawty Lo, 36, most famous for the song "Laffy Taffy," referring to his children's mothers with nicknames like Jealous Baby Mama, Baby Mama from Hell, and Shady Baby Mama. The show also introduces viewers to Lo's 19-year-old girlfriend.
https://login.yahoo.com/config/login...ews-music.html

What I really can't understand is how this guy got girlfriend 4, 5, 6, etc.

If I'm candidate number 5, the minute you opened your mouth and said you already had 4 kids by 4 different women that would have been the last conversation we would ever have.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
ICF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
I really have to get my creative juices flowing because I'm convinced we will now watch any thing...

ALL MY BABIES' MAMAS

A new reality-TV special being developed for the Oxygen Network tells the story of Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo and his 11 children with 10 different women. But "All My Babies' Mamas" is creating more anger than excitement, and protest groups have called for the show to be cancelled.

Pre-production clips leaked to YouTube show Shawty Lo, 36, most famous for the song "Laffy Taffy," referring to his children's mothers with nicknames like Jealous Baby Mama, Baby Mama from Hell, and Shady Baby Mama. The show also introduces viewers to Lo's 19-year-old girlfriend.

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login...ews-music.html

If I'm candidate number 5, the minute you opened your mouth and said you already had 4 kids by 4 different women that would have been the last conversation we would ever have.

There is nothing that they can put on TV that would surprise me anymore...although I am a little surprised that the American TV audience actually wants to watch crap like this (and they will).
ICF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
dislal
DIS Veteran

This is really sad! What is wrong with all these women?

I sure hope he is paying for all these children!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Mkaz
Well, bust my buttons! That's a horse of a different color!
Some days I think it would be easier to stand on my head and poop nickels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post

I don't get it either. I find it disgusting. I'm guessing that these "baby mamas" have pretty low self esteem.

Is this the same guy that wanted social services to help him because he couldn't pay child support? I believe that he is really young too.
Mkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

I think they've finally beaten me down. I can actually look at this show description & come to the conclusion there's enough inherent drama in the situation to bring in an audience.

In my defense, my standards were lowered last week when I was so sick that watching the television screen was about all the exertion I could manage. I swear there is a new show out or coming out about bra fittings. I don't know the channel or the name, but I swear this is not something I dreamt up in my fever. I said in another thread that I foresee the day coming when Kim Kardashigan's baby shower will be hyped as must see TV -- and much of the audience just might feel that way.

I think I may be aging prematurely, ready to drag a rocking chair onto my front porch and sit out there all day screaming at kids to stay off my lawn. Who wants to watch this stuff? I don't think I know anybody IRL that would turn on these programs.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
powellrj
I am wide awake and on the dis boards
My db and I usually fight over the turkey bones
It was so bad, it was funny
Note to self, never make anyone suffer with thirst

No, I think its a different guy. I am amazed that these guys find all of these willing woman. This is how Jerry Springer makes his living.

powellrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
powellrj
I am wide awake and on the dis boards
My db and I usually fight over the turkey bones
It was so bad, it was funny
Note to self, never make anyone suffer with thirst

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabanafrau View Post
I think they've finally beaten me down. I can actually look at this show description & come to the conclusion there's enough inherent drama in the situation to bring in an audience.

In my defense, my standards were lowered last week when I was so sick that watching the television screen was about all the exertion I could manage. I swear there is a new show out or coming out about bra fittings. I don't know the channel or the name, but I swear this is not something I dreamt up in my fever. I said in another thread that I foresee the day coming when Kim Kardashigan's baby shower will be hyped as must see TV -- and much of the audience just might feel that way.

I think I may be aging prematurely, ready to drag a rocking chair onto my front porch and sit out there all day screaming at kids to stay off my lawn. Who wants to watch this stuff? I don't think I know anybody IRL that would turn on these programs.

Yes there is a new show about bra fittings. For some reason I am getting some kind of perverse joy out of calling her Mrs. Kris Humphries instead of Kim Kardashinan, I am just getting too old for all of this stuff. Have these people no pride?

powellrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

I know a woman who has five kids by five different fathers. You would think that number 3 or 4, nevermind 5 would use some protection!

None of them were long term boyfriends either. Just hook ups.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
denisem
DIS Veteran

My vote for lowest reality series? "Best Funeral Ever".

Speaking of Jerry Springer, has anyone ever seen "Baggage"? Caught it in the middle of the night the other night and was just
denisem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrj View Post
Yes there is a new show about bra fittings. For some reason I am getting some kind of perverse joy out of calling her Mrs. Kris Humphries instead of Kim Kardashinan, I am just getting too old for all of this stuff. Have these people no pride?
Can you explain it to me like you would a five year old, how is bra fittings a premise for a show? I grasp the concept of wedding dress shopping/fitting as a TV show & have even seen some of that show. Try as I might to understand the bra fitting as TV show, I've got nothing.

Now here I am a week later, totally understanding how a guy with a dozen kids by a dozen moms can be a TV show with an audience. Perhaps I need to see the doc because the fever weakened my mind or cooked too many gray cells or something.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #11
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Well one good thing that has come out of it is this. Has anyone ever been in a conversation where you've said some thing to the effect of..."for 5 million dollars I'd do _____, I don't care how stupid I'd look".

Well I now realize that yes, there are some things even I would not do for money.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #12
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:
No, I think its a different guy. I am amazed that these guys find all of these willing woman. This is how Jerry Springer makes his living.
I think a lot of these women see someone who is a musician (and I use that term loosely!) with a hit song or two and they figure if they can get pregnant by him then they are set for life. All they can think about is that big monthly support check they will be getting. They don't stop to think that if he is paying out for 5 or 10 kids that their check is not going to be that big.

Oh yes, the bra fitting show for women who are well endowed. I saw the commercial for that last week and my jaw hit the floor. Who thinks of these things. Why would anyone want to watch a show about bra fitting?

Unfortunately, I work with a couple of women who live for reality TV. Jersey Shore, Housewives of where ever, the Kardashians and a couple I don't even know the names of. They talk about them all day. These aren't young girls either. They are married, in their 30's with kids.

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #13
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Vote by not watching.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #14
MickeySP
DIS Veteran

Wow is Oprah that hard up?!?