Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Thred-Up?

Has anyone tried selling their used kid clothes on Thred-Up before? How long before you get paid for the clothes you send in? I feel like I sent mine in ages ago, but have heard nothing.

Edited to add: I did just hear from them, and am VERY disppointed! I sent them at least 20 nearly brand new outfits, that were in perfect condition, from Gymboree and Gap. I thought I might get enough for a lunch out with the family. They came back to me with . . . $8. They said most of the stuff was stained or pilled, which is a crock! I have a feeling someone there might be pocketing the good stuff for their own kids, since they don't show evidence of why they won't accept it, and they don't return unaccepted items. I've learned my lesson!

Last edited by Ginny Favers; 01-11-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Ginny Favers

I must be psychic, whenever I start wondering about these things, that's when I hear something back! I just got an email from them that they are going through my bag. I guess it takes a few weeks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
3angelsmom
Mouseketeer

I used them a few times this fall at it always took several weeks to process, although they did send me a few email along the way.....when they received the back, when they were "almost" done processing, and when I had a payout.
It also seemed to take forever for the empty bags to be mailed to me, but I like the company and feel they paid a fair price with little/no work on my end.
Hope you have a positive result, too!
3angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
PlutosMommy
Mouseketeer

I've used them, and I too experienced slow turn around times. I expected a little higher pay outs on the pricier name brand stuff (like Janie and Jack, for example), but it wasn't awful. It does seem that they are very particular with what they accept, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
Ginny Favers

Duh, I guess I should have gone here: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ThredUP

They have a long list of people who they've duped.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
amomma23
DIS Veteran

I just got paid about $30 for a mostly full bag. I was pretty happy with it. Usually I list things on ebay, but it was so much easier to just send back the bag.
amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
richmond282
Trumpet players don't have egos, we're just better than you...

I have never sent in a bag, but I did try to purchase something from them. They "claimed" I already had an account open which was a violation of their policy. They kept my $, REFUSED to ship me the items I ordered, and ignored all of my emails. I finally reported them to the BBB and filed a claim through paypal. It was completely ridiculous. I understand they have a policy but I really didn't violate it and why not try to fix the situation? I will never ever attempt to order from them again and I will ALWAYS give them a bad review any chance I have.
richmond282 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: