Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Question Best TS which does Not require the $10/pp deposit?

In MK I could think of The Plaza restaurant.
What about the other Parks?

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #2
tluvstink
DIS Veteran

My favorite in MK is lunch at LTT

Terri
tluvstink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
zhazhazsu
DIS Veteran

We had an excellent lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe.
zhazhazsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
AdventureIsOutThere
Just a girl, boy and their dog.

While it has been two months since I last made a dining reservation and things could have changed, I think you may be confused.

Some restuaruants require a CC to hold the reservation and will charge $10/person if you don't show up to eat. If you are a ressie of 5 and only 4 show up you will not be charged for the 5th person since the reservation is still be honored.

There are only a few places that charge in advance such as CRT and the dinner shows.

From what I remember the places that require a CC to hold are any place that has a signature or special dining option (even if that particular meal you are eating isn't signautre or special) such as having the place having a character breakfast but regular lunch and dinner service and you are going for lunch.

I hope this helps clarify things. Unless you party is very particular or has a vacation style that does not work with set reservations I have never had an issue. Also, if you let Disney know that you will not make your reservation the day before they will not charge you.
The MountainEars is the chronicle of two twenty-something Disney aficionados centrally located in Colorado. The blog follows their adventures in the 'Land and around the World including what they rode, ate and experienced while visiting their favorite Mouse!

Next trips: DL in Aug/Sept for the Disneyland 10k, WDW in November for the Wine & Dine Half, WDW January for WDW Marathon Weekend (half of us may be Dopey!), and maybe a special graduation trip to DL in April/May!
AdventureIsOutThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I think the confusion mentioned above comes from the word "deposit," for the purposes of responding I am assuming you are talking about the $10 per person no-show fee which requires a credit card hold.

I'd say my personal best are

MK- LTT lunch (no credit card hold for dinner but I prefer the lunch)
AK - Yak & Yeti (the only other TS option with no CC hold is the Rainforest Cafe)
Epcot - Via Napoli
Studios - I'm indifferent regarding Sci Fi and 50s Prime Time. they're both OK. Neither stands out as far as the food. Regarding atmosphere, it's just about the kind of atmosphere one would prefer as they're very different from each other.

The best overall is Sanaa but it is not in a park.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 01-09-2013 at 12:30 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

What are you talking about? It's not a deposit. You can cancel and get the $10 back
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
jltdone
Mouseketeer

if u make reservations at cinderellas royal table they charge your credit card? what if you arer using the disney dining plan which i know does take 2 meals to eat there?
jltdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jltdone View Post
if u make reservations at cinderellas royal table they charge your credit card? what if you arer using the disney dining plan which i know does take 2 meals to eat there?
It is correct that Cinderella's Royal Table (CRT) is a prepaid dining experience at and the time of booking the payment for the entire meal is due.

If you have a resort reservation with a dining plan already added at the time you book, you will (or you should - sometimes the website doesn't do this correctly) be asked to leave only a credit card hold. (Remember though - the no-show fee is the entire regular price of the meal for CRT - not $10 a person. So you may wish to pay particular attention to the cancellation policy.)

If you want to book CRT before you have a resort reservation with a dining plan, you'll have to pay when you book. But you can then change your method of payment to dining credits. You may be able to do this by calling 407-WDW-DINE. If that doesn't work (apparently not all CMs can do it, or know they can do it) then you can switch payment methods when you arrive at the restaurant and your previous payment will be refunded.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
What are you talking about? It's not a deposit. You can cancel and get the $10 back
There is no $10 charge. Trust me, I have several reservations and only the CRT one charged me (and that was full price, as expected).

If you make a reservation with a CC guarantee, they don't charge you up front (except for CRT), not even $10. But if you are a no-show, THEN they will charge that $10 pp.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
jltdone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
It is correct that Cinderella's Royal Table (CRT) is a prepaid dining experience at and the time of booking the payment for the entire meal is due.

If you have a resort reservation with a dining plan already added at the time you book, you will (or you should - sometimes the website doesn't do this correctly) be asked to leave only a credit card hold. (Remember though - the no-show fee is the entire regular price of the meal for CRT - not $10 a person. So you may wish to pay particular attention to the cancellation policy.)

If you want to book CRT before you have a resort reservation with a dining plan, you'll have to pay when you book. But you can then change your method of payment to dining credits. You may be able to do this by calling 407-WDW-DINE. If that doesn't work (apparently not all CMs can do it, or know they can do it) then you can switch payment methods when you arrive at the restaurant and your previous payment will be refunded.
thank you for the info.... i am getting the hang of this. if and when we book the CRT it will be for our sons 5th birthday so i dont think we will be abcking out of it since the whole day is his day and we plan to do the crystal palace for breakfast and then the kingdom all day and then CRT for dinner and then firework show to end his day....
jltdone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: