Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
jltdone
Mouseketeer

cinderellas Royal table

New to all of this but trying to plan something out. What does everyone think of a 5 year old boy for the royal table dining on his 5th birthday? Is the royal table geared more to girls rather then boys........

Last edited by jltdone; 01-09-2013 at 11:43 AM.
jltdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Barnhill9586
DIS Dad's Club Member #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by jltdone View Post
New to all of this but trying to plan something out. What does everyone think of a 5 year old boy for the round table dining on his 5th birthday? Is the round table geared more to girls rather then boys........
We did CRT each trip until our DD was 12 and DS was 10. He loved it, just being in the castle was cool and he has always liked getting a pic with the princesses. I would say it's definitely geared more for the princesses than the princes though, jmho.
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
jltdone
Mouseketeer

would there be another restaurant that would be more geared to a 5 year old boy thought we would do magic kingdom on his 5th bday and then hit crystal palace for breakfast then roundtable for dinner but if there is something better for a boy that would be great as well. just thinking eating in the castle would be a pretty cool way to have dinner on your bday.....
Old 01-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

It's Cinderella's Royal Table (King Arthur had the round table) and they'll give him a sword if he will like that. It's been reported that the princesses are known to make a fuss over young "princes."
Old 01-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
GoHerbie
Mouseketeer

Q: What's CRT?

A: It's actually Cinderella's ROYAL Table, but that's not important right now!

I think your family and DS5 would still enjoy it, it's good to do at least once. When you check in at the podium for your reservation make sure they know it's his birthday and hopefully he'll get some surprises.

For other ideas I'm sure your son would love T-REX. We'll be trying that in August ourselves.

GoHerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

The Beast meets for pictures after dinner at Be Our Guest in his castle.

He's kinda manly and macho
Old 01-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
jltdone
Mouseketeer

thanks for the correction everyone with the ROYAL table i have gone back and fixed it. We are going to get a shirt made up for our little guy for that day saying that it is his 5th birthday i am sure everyone will know or find out. I was thinking about the whole princess thing and maybe not to many prince's there and i am sure he will like to see all the princess.....
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #8
Barnhill9586

Quote:
would there be another restaurant that would be more geared to a 5 year old boy thought we would do magic kingdom on his 5th bday and then hit crystal palace for breakfast then roundtable for dinner but if there is something better for a boy that would be great as well. just thinking eating in the castle would be a pretty cool way to have dinner on your bday.....
I would stick with the castle personally. It's pretty cool especially on a birthday! I will say that we haven't tried Be Our Guest yet...other's may know if a 5 year old boy might like that better. Like I said though our DS loved CRT and TDC Nala is right about the sword and the attention paid to the prince at the table!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
Barnhill9586

Quote:
thanks for the correction everyone with the ROYAL table i have gone back and fixed it. We are going to get a shirt made up for our little guy for that day saying that it is his 5th birthday i am sure everyone will know or find out. I was thinking about the whole princess thing and maybe not to many prince's there and i am sure he will like to see all the princess.....
Don't forget to get him the birthday button when you get to the park. I'm assuming they still hand those out at Guest Services. Have fun!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #10
Barnhill9586

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerbie View Post
Q: What's CRT?

A: It's actually Cinderella's ROYAL Table, but that's not important right now!

I think your family and DS5 would still enjoy it, it's good to do at least once. When you check in at the podium for your reservation make sure they know it's his birthday and hopefully he'll get some surprises.

For other ideas I'm sure your son would love T-REX. We'll be trying that in August ourselves.
CRT=Cinderella's Royal Table

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: