Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #16
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksucats View Post
Since one vehicle will hold all of you, I would look at the second vehicle just for luggage storage. Not sure what you are doing that day, but if driving anywhere near the airport, you could park the car somewhere with the luggage stored & then get everybody in one vehicle. I would think your luggage would be safe during the day.
I really do not think that luggage would be safe in an unattended vehicle during the day. Especially 12 people's worth of luggage. It's not going to fit in the trunk, so that luggage is going to be visible to everyone, including thieves.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #17
ksucats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I really do not think that luggage would be safe in an unattended vehicle during the day. Especially 12 people's worth of luggage. It's not going to fit in the trunk, so that luggage is going to be visible to everyone, including thieves.

Sayhello
They are going to have to leave it in a car somewhere, unless they plan on remaining in the car all day. United only allows you to check the bags in 4 hours prior to boarding the flight. I would be comfortable leaving it in a car for half a day at the airport, but can see why not everybody would.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #18
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post

Sayhello
I thought of this, but we probably wouldn't leave it all day, we were thinking of going to Cocoa Beach for breakfast, stop by the Welcome Center, then just meander our way to Orlando, stop at one Disney Outlet, have lunch somewhere....so it wouldn't be like it would be sitting in same place all day and when eating we could keep an eye on it.

I wish we could do the check in through Disney but buying the transfers for 11 people just for the luggage is way too expensive.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #19
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

I think I would tell everyone to consolidate as much as possible so you have fewer bags, and make sure they are soft sided bags. Then I would tell everyone to plan to ride with luggage under their feet or in their lap. I think you will be fine, it's not that long of a ride.

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #20
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't mean Magical Express. What I'm wanting to find out is if we do not use Disney Cruise transportation, can we check in our bags from the cruise and will they be transportated to the airport...while we use the van that won't fit our luggage?
They will not transport your luggage, unless you are booked with DCL transportation. I went through this with Disney last June.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: