Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #106
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
So yeah...

I have apparently been living under a rock

This was started ten days ago and I juts found fit

Janet, she really has grown up this last year, can't wait to read more. I wanted to stay at the AoA on our next trip but the walk scared me. Glad to read I was right. I figure we can go explore it. I have read it is an easy walk from the Pop.
No problem. As you can see, I have barely gotten started. And yep. It's been a year of much growing up.

Glad you're here. And you'll probably do better with the walk. But then you're probably...... gulp....... HALF of my age!

Actually the walk from Pop isn't bad at all. It's the walk from LM to Animation Hall repeatedly that I wasn't fond of.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #107
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I love Katie's travel outfit!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #108
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I love Katie's travel outfit!
Thanks! I have the same t-shirt, but am banned from wearing it at the same time. Now that she's into adult sizes at least we can find t-shirts again. Tweens really seem to be a forgotten market with Disney. Once you're out of 10/12 girls, you're sunk until you can fit adult sizes.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #109
YodasMom
Holy Cow!! 741!!
Been there, done that...and lost sleep! Yuk!

Hi Janet!
Looking forward to reading another one of your trip reports! I always love them and your layout is so easy and fun to read!

Sounds like you'll have lots of cool stuff to scrap! I need to get started again, too.......Looking forward to reading more!

Oh, Katie has grown up so much in the past year and such a lovely young lady!

Karen

Last edited by YodasMom; 01-20-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #110
scrapbookersdis
Yes, we are going to Disney World *again*!
It never occurred to me to wonder

That is the cutest pose wth the Earport Goofy that I've ever seen!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #111
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodasMom View Post
Hi Janet!
Looking forward to reading another one of your trip reports! I always love them and your layout is so easy and fun to read!

Sounds like you'll have lots of cool stuff to scrap! I need to get started again, too.......Looking forward to reading more!

Oh, Katie has grown up so much in the past year and such a lovely young lady!

Karen

Hey Karen! So glad you found us!

I'm really glad we tried some new things this trip. I really don't want to scrap the same things over this time. So I do plan on focusing my scrapping on all the new stuff. I actually did my first scrapping this weekend since last summer. It felt awesome, but it's really hard to get the creative juices flowing again.

From the looks of your signature, it seems you have some magic right around the corner. Tell Mickey I said hi!

We promise we won't go anywhere when you're gone. How many days will you be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookersdis View Post
That is the cutest pose wth the Earport Goofy that I've ever seen!
It's hard to believe that after a full day of school and flying half way across the country she still had any creative energy left. I know I didln't But then I didn't even START the day with any creative juices flowing!

In fact, I'm amazed I have so few photos from our travel day. That's really quite unlike me!

Looks like we have another scrapbooker in the midst!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #112
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

My oldest would like to go to Benedictine in Atchinison but the cost is so much. She does qualify for some wonderful scholarships but the room and board is quite a bit of money. Her fall back is Park University here up North. She can go for very little and can live at home and stay working throughout. I would like her to get the degree without having a huge college debt. She is studying for an education degree and has always wanted to be a teacher since she was very little in grade school. I would like to see her get away though and experience life for herself.

We check out several other colleges but for her she just loves Benedictine. I'm afraid its probably out of the question which makes me sad.

We go this Saturday for more scholarship information at Park to see what else she might qualify for. We did our first FAFSA today! Times are a changing for sure.

-----

Sanibel Island sounds fun and maybe I will see you out in California if you make that Disneyland Christmas trip!

Probably will head towards Orlando this year so this trip report will be fun to follow.

Thanks!
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 01-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #113
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
My oldest would like to go to Benedictine in Atchinison but the cost is so much. She does qualify for some wonderful scholarships but the room and board is quite a bit of money. Her fall back is Park University here up North. She can go for very little and can live at home and stay working throughout. I would like her to get the degree without having a huge college debt. She is studying for an education degree and has always wanted to be a teacher since she was very little in grade school. I would like to see her get away though and experience life for herself.

We check out several other colleges but for her she just loves Benedictine. I'm afraid its probably out of the question which makes me sad.

We go this Saturday for more scholarship information at Park to see what else she might qualify for. We did our first FAFSA today! Times are a changing for sure.

-----

Sanibel Island sounds fun and maybe I will see you out in California if you make that Disneyland Christmas trip!

Probably will head towards Orlando this year so this trip report will be fun to follow.

Thanks!
I'm really torn about the cost of room and board too. I went away to school and know how valuable that was as an experience for me. I really think it made me a better person. So I'd like that for my kids. But I don't want them going into debt for it either. We were lucky that Robbie just had zero interest in living on campus anywhere, so this has really been delayed for us until now. Rockhurst has been a great fit for Robbie. I think they only have 1600 students so there's not much chance of him getting "lost" amid all the other kids. Of course, I think there are days he'd prefer it that way!

Timmy is attending a Scholar's Day at Jewell in a couple weeks where I think they get to compete for some more scholarship money. So fingers are crossed that he can get something there to help. Who the heck knows. And we'll be doing our FAFSA here soon too. With 2 kids in college, maybe Timmy will get some more help there as well. It's just a waiting game now.

It's nice that your daughter has an idea what she wants to do. Robbie entered school not knowing what he wanted to do. He's thinking now about maybe becoming a CPA. Like everything else, who the heck knows. He's apparently been nosing around online checking out earning potential and potential job market, so that's good.

I like Sanibel. I especially love the photography opportunities. So I hope we figure it out and make it down there.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #114
YodasMom
Holy Cow!! 741!!
Been there, done that...and lost sleep! Yuk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Hey Karen! So glad you found us!

I'm really glad we tried some new things this trip. I really don't want to scrap the same things over this time. So I do plan on focusing my scrapping on all the new stuff. I actually did my first scrapping this weekend since last summer. It felt awesome, but it's really hard to get the creative juices flowing again.

From the looks of your signature, it seems you have some magic right around the corner. Tell Mickey I said hi!

We promise we won't go anywhere when you're gone. How many days will you be there?
I'll be at WDW for a week! Yay!!! We're going to be below zero here tonight, so it will be a nice mid-winter break

I broke my foot in November in Denver so I had to reschedule my December trip to this month. Still have the boot on but it's better. Plan to take it slow and try to smell the roses (or Popcorn since the roses probably aren't blooming!) It's not how I usually do Disney, but we'll see how it goes!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #115
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodasMom View Post
I'll be at WDW for a week! Yay!!! We're going to be below zero here tonight, so it will be a nice mid-winter break

I broke my foot in November in Denver so I had to reschedule my December trip to this month. Still have the boot on but it's better. Plan to take it slow and try to smell the roses (or Popcorn since the roses probably aren't blooming!) It's not how I usually do Disney, but we'll see how it goes!
Oh no! I sure hope you have a great time in spite of your boot. I bet you will. And I bet you will really appreciate that FL weather. The arctic blast is making its way down toward KC tonight, but I'm pretty sure it's staying far north of Orlando.

Be sure to check in here when you get back and let us all know how it was!

And I expect to see that boot show up in a scrapbook page soon!
Old 01-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #116
MickeyMouseCD524
Mouseketeer

OMG all those buses!

You finally got there though. I can't wait to here about the AoA we are thinking about staying there next trip but were not sure wether or not to pull the trigger.
Can't wait for the next update. =)
Old 01-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #117
SarahJN
Mouseketeer

Janet - I can't wait to read your trip report! We arrived the day before you and stayed in a Lion King suite. I've lurked on your other trip reports so I'm sure I would have recognized Katie in those beautiful dresses if we had seen you in the parks.

Read my trip reports!

Old 01-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #118
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Love your pics from the Earport! Also enjoyed seeing the holiday decorations at AoA - that is such a gorgeous lobby any time of year.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #119
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Yay! You've arrived in Disney! Art of Animation looks beautiful! I can't wait to see more photos of the resort. I'm trying to convince Franklin that we should drive over there one day on our upcoming trip to take a look around.

Can't wait to see what you do on your first day!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #120
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I showed Kadence your pictures tonight, and she noticed that Katie and her have the same shoes ( the flats she's wearing ion the photos) She is totally thinking she is so awesome because of that, and because she has pictures in the same places in the airport.

I like the new, no glasses look on Katie. Kadence hates her glasses, so I think once she's capable of taking care of contacts in middle school, we'll look into it.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: