Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #76
MickeyMouseCD524
Mouseketeer

Yay I found your trip report! Can't wait to hear all about it. I'm going to try and join in the conversation more this time, I promise. The costumes are beautiful as always, and Katie got old fast. I didn't even recognize her at first.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #77
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I told them to give me a year or two and I'd send Katie down to help!
I can totally see Katie being a princess at Magic Kingdom someday. The only thing is she will probably want you to make her dress instead of wearing one of Disney's because your are so much better.
2014 Dec.(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #78
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMouseCD524 View Post
Yay I found your trip report! Can't wait to hear all about it. I'm going to try and join in the conversation more this time, I promise. The costumes are beautiful as always, and Katie got old fast. I didn't even recognize her at first.
We'd love to hear more from you! And thank you so much for the kind words. And yes, it has been a year of much change for Katie. It's fun to see the young lady she is becoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
I can totally see Katie being a princess at Magic Kingdom someday. The only thing is she will probably want you to make her dress instead of wearing one of Disney's because your are so much better.
Aw shucks. Thanks Glennie!

How much fun would it be to go visit Katie working as a real live princess at Disney!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #79
molitva
Mouseketeer

Subbing!! Can't wait to follow along and see all your photos.

I lurked in previous trip reports and loved each one. This is going to sound creepy (because it probably is) but I *think* saw you and Katie at the MK lockers on Friday 12/14. We were rushing to get our stuff and head to the castle lighting and an ADR. I thought for a moment about saying hi, but then I thought it was too creepy of me, being a lurker and such You'll have to confirm if the timing was right. I suspect it was around 5:30 p.m. or so.

Last edited by molitva; 01-15-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #80
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

So excited to learn about your BOG experience(s)!! it looks like such a fun place to dine for lunch as compared to Cosmic Rays! Since CS Lunch is crazy everywhere - I would rather see the BOG rooms than the other places in the craziness! Then of course there is the coveted dinner ADR... I am all

I am also looking forward to reading about your latest encounters with the elusive Belle! It is so odd (unbelievable!) indeed that they did not plan more Belle staffing/MGs when they added so much Belle real estate to MK!!

Love what I see so far... keep it coming!

Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Old 01-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #81
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Late to the party as usual, but I'm here.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #82
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
Subbing!! Can't wait to follow along and see all your photos.

I lurked in previous trip reports and loved each one. This is going to sound creepy (because it probably is) but I *think* saw you and Katie at the MK lockers on Friday 12/14. We were rushing to get our stuff and head to the castle lighting and an ADR. I thought for a moment about saying hi, but then I thought it was too creepy of me, being a lurker and such You'll have to confirm if the timing was right. I suspect it was around 5:30 p.m. or so.
LOL, not creepy at all. I love when other DISers stop and say hi! It could very well have been us. Friday night we would have been stopping at our locker to pick up our bags to head for the Grand Floridian and dinner at 1900 PF. And it would have been around that time.

So glad you've come out of lurkdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
So excited to learn about your BOG experience(s)!! it looks like such a fun place to dine for lunch as compared to Cosmic Rays! Since CS Lunch is crazy everywhere - I would rather see the BOG rooms than the other places in the craziness! Then of course there is the coveted dinner ADR... I am all

I am also looking forward to reading about your latest encounters with the elusive Belle! It is so odd (unbelievable!) indeed that they did not plan more Belle staffing/MGs when they added so much Belle real estate to MK!!

Love what I see so far... keep it coming!

Sydnerella's Mama
I really wanted above all else this trip, to FULLY experience Be Our Guest. And I really feel like we did. And we all loved it. I actually just finished an 8x8 scrapbook just on Be Our Guest. I took TONS of photos in there, so it was fun to put them into a book we can sit down and look at.

I'm still beyond perplexed to think they thought having Belle harder to meet just as they opened her village would not meet with some disappointment from their guests. They got an awful lot right in New Fantasyland, but I'm sorry, that is still labeled a "colossal miss" in my book!

I hope to get going on this in just a bit....... really.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
Late to the party as usual, but I'm here.
Well, THAT's the reason I didn't really get started yet. I was waiting on Jenn. Yeah..... that's it. It's HER fault!

OK, I guess you guys know by now that I eventually get it all done, but that sometimes there are delays along the way.

Jenn, I channelled you one night in the MK. That's all I'm saying.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #83
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Joining in! Can't wait to see all of the gorgeous photos.

Curious--I knew that Rapunzel had replaced Aurora at TsTheater, but I hadn't heard that Belle was no longer there. Who's in there now?
Sounds like the only places to meet Belle now are at meals and Epcot (besides storytime, but that's just not the same)

We just officially booked our summer trip-luckily my DD prefers Disney's princess dresses (more sparkle) to the 'authentic' ones that mom insists upon making. However, she's put in her order for a full wardrobe of princess dresses for her American Girl doll.

Can't wait to hear more about the trip. I love your TRs because you guys do so many of the same things that we do!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #84
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Joining in! Can't wait to see all of the gorgeous photos.

Curious--I knew that Rapunzel had replaced Aurora at TsTheater, but I hadn't heard that Belle was no longer there. Who's in there now?
Sounds like the only places to meet Belle now are at meals and Epcot (besides storytime, but that's just not the same)

We just officially booked our summer trip-luckily my DD prefers Disney's princess dresses (more sparkle) to the 'authentic' ones that mom insists upon making. However, she's put in her order for a full wardrobe of princess dresses for her American Girl doll.

Can't wait to hear more about the trip. I love your TRs because you guys do so many of the same things that we do!
Hi! So glad you found us!

TST is almost always Cindy, Aurora and Rapunzel now. Snow White is still out in the hub area.

And you are correct, Belle is now only at Epcot in France (without the Beast now) and Akershus. She is not at CRT any longer. And while you can get a quick photo with her after storytime (participants) it's not a traditional meet & greet. It is very rushed there are no autographs. The only place Belle signs now is at Epcot.

YEAH for getting your trip booked! So is the AG doll coming along with her wardrobe?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #85
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We'd love to hear more from you! And thank you so much for the kind words. And yes, it has been a year of much change for Katie. It's fun to see the young lady she is becoming.

Aw shucks. Thanks Glennie!

How much fun would it be to go visit Katie working as a real live princess at Disney!
Julia would be on cloud 9 although if she recognized her from our 2011 trip it might blow her believing that the face charcters at Disney are the real thing.
2014 Dec.(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 01-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #86
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Well, THAT's the reason I didn't really get started yet. I was waiting on Jenn. Yeah..... that's it. It's HER fault!
Darn tootin'!!!

Quote:
Jenn, I channelled you one night in the MK. That's all I'm saying.
Oh yeah???

If you were in MK and channeling me, it couldn't end well...
Old 01-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #87
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
Julia would be on cloud 9 although if she recognized her from our 2011 trip it might blow her believing that the face charcters at Disney are the real thing.
Man, wouldn't that be awesome????

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
If you were in MK and channeling me, it couldn't end well...
It was the night of the 12th. That's all I'm sayin..........
Old 01-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #88
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Quote:
Hi! So glad you found us!

TST is almost always Cindy, Aurora and Rapunzel now. Snow White is still out in the hub area.

And you are correct, Belle is now only at Epcot in France (without the Beast now) and Akershus. She is not at CRT any longer. And while you can get a quick photo with her after storytime (participants) it's not a traditional meet & greet. It is very rushed there are no autographs. The only place Belle signs now is at Epcot.

YEAH for getting your trip booked! So is the AG doll coming along with her wardrobe?
Thanks for the warm welcome and for the princess information. We had the BEST interactions with Belle on our last tirp. I'm disappointed that it's going to be so much harder to find her now.

AG doll only has a Cinderella dress for now. I made it from scraps that I had from Maddie's last Cindy dress. DD loves it, but I plan to make another. So far she's giving me time-as long as I'm making other clothes for the doll.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #90
mommy2E
Earning My Ears

Belle to receive new gold dress

Kenny the Pirate is reporting a new dress for Belle: "Disney is continuing its plans to recreate all the dresses that the Princesses wear in the theme parks. The trend began with Cinderella receiving a new look for her meet and greets. On or about February 3, 2013 Belle will receive a new gold ball gown, hairstyle and accouterments."

Sew you know you will have to go back to WDW instead of DL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: