Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #61
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Subbing! Love your reports, and the costumes are always so gorgeous!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #62
partyof2
Colette

Hi Janet, I am an avid follower of your TRs but the worst commenter in the history of the world! I'm vowing to be better this time around.

I felt so teary when I saw your first post with the picture of Katie. She looks so grown up! Goodness knows what I'll be like when I have my own children, growing up makes me so emotional.

I was soooo nervous for you the day the BOG reservations opened up. I had everything crossed you'd get in. So happy that you did.
Visit #2 >> Nov 2013 - POR
Visit #3 >> Nov 2014 - Pop
Visit #4 >> Oct 2015 - We're getting married!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #63
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Subbing! Love your reports, and the costumes are always so gorgeous!
Thank you so much! So glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof2 View Post
Hi Janet, I am an avid follower of your TRs but the worst commenter in the history of the world! I'm vowing to be better this time around.

I felt so teary when I saw your first post with the picture of Katie. She looks so grown up! Goodness knows what I'll be like when I have my own children, growing up makes me so emotional.

I was soooo nervous for you the day the BOG reservations opened up. I had everything crossed you'd get in. So happy that you did.
First of all, LOVE your avatar! My love of Cinderella is where my Disney obsession started. I do hope you'll join in the conversation as we go along.

What a really sweet thing to say about our BOG ADR experience! I felt like we were preparing for battle! It really was stressful to keep dialing and dialing without even getting a ring. Back when CRT only had one character meal a day (breakfast) if you didn't get through in the first 3 or 4 minutes, you were out of luck. I really had visions of that happening here.

We had been talking about eating there for so long that I couldn't even wrap my brain around not getting in!

And Katt789, you'll love lunch there. It's not nearly as much of a nightmare getting in as I feared it would be. Oops.... don't ask how I know that.......
Old 01-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #64
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, anyone who saw me posting on those Belle threads probably thought I had gone off my rocker, but things like this are what I love about Disney. Scrapbooking and photography are my hobbies and I love to plan these photo ops. I was so excited to think we could break out that Belle gown again, only to then think we might not even get a photo with Belle.

I left off the part about losing Belle in her red from MVMCP from my list. I actually emailed Disney when that leaked out. They called but were so full of crap......... I mean nonsense.......... They said they were listening to people about Belle and were going to try and have her out in Epcot in her red earlier in December. Maybe even add Beast back there or add Beast to the party. I should keep my eyes out for them. Yeah. Yadda yadda yadda. I didln't believe any of it at the time, and it indeed was not true. Any of it. So no, we never saw Belle in her red. (Well never met her. She is in the MVMCP parade in her red). I read since then that she wore red at Akershus during Christmas week, which is exactly what they have done every other year.

Katie wasn't real excited when I told her at first she needed to participate to get a photo, but then when we watched the video online, she saw it wasn't like participating in the old Belle's Storytime, and even adults were participating, so she didn't mind. She was a set of silverware one time, a feather duster the other.

Tell Julie thank you for the kind words. I'll pass them along to Katie. Yes, we did go to BBB that morning. I wasn't fond of the hairstyle with the Cindy gown she wore at the time, but loved it with the Belle.
For me one of my must do's at MVMCP in 2011 was the Beast with Belle in her Christmas Red. I had the same gown made for Julia to wear in the pictures and they are so cute. I really don't understand what they were thinking taking them out of the party especially when they built part of the new fantasy land just for them. It would have been perfect to bring them out there for the party.
2015 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 01-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #65
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
For me one of my must do's at MVMCP in 2011 was the Beast with Belle in her Christmas Red. I had the same gown made for Julia to wear in the pictures and they are so cute. I really don't understand what they were thinking taking them out of the party especially when they built part of the new fantasy land just for them. It would have been perfect to bring them out there for the party.
It really ticks me off that every year they only seem to add things that you can do already during a regular park day. I just don't get that. They told me they couldn't have Belle out in her red because they had added ETWB during the party. Well, I had no intention of doing that during the party when I was going to be spending so much time in the Magic Kingdom already. It ALL seemed pretty nutty if you ask me.

Now I will say that a CM told me that they just didn't have enough Belle staff to keep her in TST. So maybe that was the same deal for holiday Belle at the party. I do understand it would take a lot to staff 2 libraries running constantly from park open until park close. But seriously...... I think they should have seen this one coming. It's not like the staffing needs for ETWB were some big surprise. I told them to give me a year or two and I'd send Katie down to help!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #66
iwish81792
Mouseketeer

Oh, I always love your trip reports! I admit, a while ago on the Theme Parks board I saw you mention your dates and I got a little sad because my college program ended on the sixth! I had a feeling you'd be in Fantasyland and it would have been amazing to see your costumes in real life! However, now that I'm seasonal (and probably part time starting in the summer) there's always next year!

and just around the corner is a Fantasyland!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #67
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwish81792 View Post
Oh, I always love your trip reports! I admit, a while ago on the Theme Parks board I saw you mention your dates and I got a little sad because my college program ended on the sixth! I had a feeling you'd be in Fantasyland and it would have been amazing to see your costumes in real life! However, now that I'm seasonal (and probably part time starting in the summer) there's always next year!
What a sweet thing to say! We didn't get in until very late on the 6th.

I'm so glad you found us here though!

Can you say where you worked in the park?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #68
iwish81792
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What a sweet thing to say! We didn't get in until very late on the 6th.

I'm so glad you found us here though!

Can you say where you worked in the park?
Oh, sure! I'm Fantasyland merchandise. Castle Couture, Sir Mickey's, Fantasy Faire, Hundred Acre Goods, Enchanted Grove, and Bonjour! Gifts.
I see a lot of princesses, haha.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #69
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, sure! I'm Fantasyland merchandise. Castle Couture, Sir Mickey's, Fantasy Faire, Hundred Acre Goods, Enchanted Grove, and Bonjour! Gifts.
I see a lot of princesses, haha.
I bet you do!

I did see a lot of your coworkers during the 10 days I was there......

But I have to ask..... are you the one who didn't order enough dinglehoppers for the Grand Opening?

Not a problem though. They got more later in the week. One of my first stops in Fantasyland was Sir Mickey's in search of a dinglehopper when we got there on the 7th. I couldn't believe there wasn't a single dinglehopper in sight! My poor husband..... who has never seen "The Little Mermaid" really thought I had lost it. He didn't have a clue what I was talking about!

And what a bummer we missed you by so little. You definitely would have seen us at Castle Couture. I always take a picture of Katie sitting in the throne in there.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #70
Neverland Girl
Livin' a Disney Life!

After seeing all of your fabulous pictures on flikr and seeing them again on here, I am totally joining in on this adventure!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #71
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Girl View Post
After seeing all of your fabulous pictures on flikr and seeing them again on here, I am totally joining in on this adventure!
Thank you so much! LOTS of photos to come I promise. Glad you found us!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #72
jmelyn
Earning My Ears

Joining in on this thread. Can't wait to see all the beautiful dresses you've made for Katie this time around. Glad you got to see your Fairy Godmother.
Jamie
Offsite-July 4/5 2003 Quick Trip
Our First Family Trip POR (Land/Sea) Wonder-May 2009
Disney Dream 4 Days at Sea, 4 Days Land (POR) March27-April 4 2011

Disney Fantasy October 6-13 2012
Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #73
kswm30b
DIS Veteran

Yay I'm here!

Your reports really make me want to do a trip report for my first Disneyland trip (I took over 7,000 pics, I take it you're the only person that won't see that & think I'm insane, lol), but I'm still too lazy for that. Can't wait to see how this trip went, how you like new fantasyland & all the great costumes.

My Disney scrapbook albums: 2007 / 2003-2007 day trips / digital (14 trips, 2007-2012 layouts)

Pics of all the Characters I've met at Disney: I Love Characters!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #74
iwish81792
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I bet you do!

But I have to ask..... are you the one who didn't order enough dinglehoppers for the Grand Opening?
It's so funny that we sold out, because before the Grand Opening no one ever bought them! We had them since mid-October and they always got passed over.

Quote:
And what a bummer we missed you by so little. You definitely would have seen us at Castle Couture. I always take a picture of Katie sitting in the throne in there.
Perhaps next year?

Old 01-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #75
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelyn View Post
Joining in on this thread. Can't wait to see all the beautiful dresses you've made for Katie this time around. Glad you got to see your Fairy Godmother.
Jamie
Thanks Jamie! Glad you 're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswm30b View Post
Yay I'm here!

Your reports really make me want to do a trip report for my first Disneyland trip (I took over 7,000 pics, I take it you're the only person that won't see that & think I'm insane, lol), but I'm still too lazy for that. Can't wait to see how this trip went, how you like new fantasyland & all the great costumes.

Yes, this is a photo count judgment free zone! I should probably go back and delete last year's count out of that trip report, lest I leave a trail of evidence about my on lack of sanity!

It's going to take some time to get through all of mine, but the trip report is a great way to make yourself actually do that.

Quote:
It's so funny that we sold out, because before the Grand Opening no one ever bought them! We had them since mid-October and they always got passed over.

Perhaps next year?
That's too funny! I knew the minute I saw the dinglehopper photo posted online I would have to have one. I had dragged a big silver serving fork along several years ago to use in a photo with Ariel. I thought it would be fun to update that this year. But I wasn't up for bringing my own fork again. And who knew Arie keeps her own dinglehopper close by for just such occasions?

arielkatiedinglehopper by mom2rtk, on Flickr

And as for next year...... I'm not sure about that yet. I'm sort of leaning towad Disneyland. But a lot of that depends on the price. I keep hearing how much more it costs and it's scaring me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: