Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #46
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Will be interested in seeing how much you enjoyed the new fantasyland. I don't want to get flamed here but I am not energized about what they have done so far. We got a 40% off pin code for WDW and they are trying to lure me back. It all hinges on your report! Just kidding.

What is up with all those phones????
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 01-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #47
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Will be interested in seeing how much you enjoyed the new fantasyland. I don't want to get flamed here but I am not energized about what they have done so far. We got a 40% off pin code for WDW and they are trying to lure me back. It all hinges on your report! Just kidding.

What is up with all those phones????
Oh NO! The PRESSURE!

Your PIN code sounds awesome. Don't let it expire without giving it some serious thought. I wouldn't know a PIN code if it walked right up to me on the street. I have tired everything known to mankind to trigger one, but it just can't happen. I think I just need to play hard to get. And I'm not sure going to Disneyland will do that! But then maybe now that I want to go to DL, they'll finally send me one for WDW!

I better get moving on this is you want my feedback on this before the Mine Coaster opens in 2014! Most of our New Fantasyland time is deeper into the trip.

Oh, and on the phones......the others were right. That was my setup the morning they opened ADRs for Be Our Guest!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #48
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
You just had to go there, didn't you?

Just don't get me started on my commando touring when I'm shooting RAW!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #49
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I am here and excited! Your daughter looks so grown up!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #50
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Wow! I just found this and it's already page 4! Joining in! Going back to finish reading.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #51
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

You KILL me Carey!

I always know I can count on you when I need a laugh!
:
I try

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib
You guys and your naked shooting, so disrespectful!
!
I know! You think you know someone and then WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk
I shoot RAW (no Carey, I don't shoot NAKED.... let's just get that out of the way now )

WHAT! I didn't say nothing!

Jen did!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 01-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #52
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I am here and excited! Your daughter looks so grown up!!
Yeah, isn't it amazing what a year can do......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Wow! I just found this and it's already page 4! Joining in! Going back to finish reading.
Well, not to worry. You haven't missed much yet. Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post

WHAT! I didn't say nothing!
You didn't have to....... we read minds here you know.......
Old 01-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #53
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

More Planning:

So when last we all met.......... we had just been to Disney with our friends. Katie still has fun with the costumes, but she really has more fun when her friend McKenna is along. For our 2011 trip, I made Katie a new Belle gown, and let McKenna wear the one from our 2010 trip. I looked forward to seeing the girls dressed as Belle, all dolled up from a trip to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. It didn't turn out *exactly* as planned........ but we had a ton of fun regardless:

IMG_8230 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I love this photo, and we had a ball laughing about the hair. Still, when I found out our friends would be going back to Disney at the same time..... I immediately started dreaming about another shot at this photo. This time withOUT the spikey hair!

One problem of course is that the girls would be a year older. And as many of you have noted, girls this age can grow a lot in the course of a year. Mostly UP! That's a problelm with a full-length gown. So I reworked the gowns and added another layer of skirting so they could wear them again.

Now the next issue. With 2 girls all dressed up, where to go..... where to go........ I HAD heard something about a new restaurant opening in Fantasyland .......... So eating at Be Our Guest became really the focus of the trip for us.

Over the course of the summer, I watched the progress of BOG through online reports. It really drove me nuts though to see it all coming together without knowing for certain if we would get in.

I really hoped that being a loyal DISer would pay off in this regard. I hoped that I would just long in one day and find they had opened reservations. I would be one of the first to know because I am never far from my computer and could act quickly once it was announced. HAH! I guess we all know how THAT plan went.

Disney had other plans. They actually posted notice ahead of time that they would open reservations on August 20th. Initially they said it would be at noon, but that was revised to be 7 AM. So 6 AM Central. I knew it was going to be a feeding frenzy. All of my Disney loving friends knew it would be a feedng frenzy. I just can't figure out why Disney didn't know it would be a feeding frenzy........

It was all good though. I had a plan. I knew they could make dining reservations through the BBB line, so I planned to call there. I had Katie calling the dining line on the cell phone, and I was calling both the dining line and the BBB on my land line and cell phone. I knew what prompts to follow. I was READY. (No, we didn't really use all those phones from the picture. But I did have them all close by and fully charged in the event we needed reinforcements!)

Once 6 AM hit, we started dialing. And dialing. And dialing. Between the 2 of us, we didn't even get the phone to RING, let alone be put on hold. We dialed and dialed some more.

This is where my friend Jen (have I mentioned how much I adore her?????) comes in. She is a travel agent and had offered to help me after taking her daughter to school. I had honestly expected to have things wrapped up by then, so hadn't taken her up on it. Well, by around 6:45, I was getting really nervous that this just wasn't going to end well. So I put down the phone (that was REALLY a hard thing to do.....) and sent out a distress email. Jen answered right away and was on the job.

It was only when I put my phone down to emial Jen that I saw the text message from my friend Kim. SHE had gotten through. It appears she ALSO had a plan. She's a big fan of the Pirate's League and had thought to try their line. I had no idea they could also make ADRs.

Then Jen emailed back and had gotten through and gotten us in. Before we were done, we had all the ADRs we wanted. What a crazy morning! When it was all over, I hopped in my car and drove across town to pick up a pair of these beauties in celebration:

beast by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Last edited by mom2rtk; 01-11-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #54
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Wow Janet - that picture of Katie and Belle is stunning! Can't wait to hear about your BOG experience and the little Beast's you picked up are adorable.
2015 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 01-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #55
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
Wow Janet - that picture of Katie and Belle is stunning! Can't wait to hear about your BOG experience and the little Beast's you picked up are adorable.
Thanks Glennie!

Just imagine how frustrated I was to find out over the course of the summer:

1) Belle would no longer be out at Town Square Theater for meet & greets
2) Enchanted Tales With Belle was not a traditional meet & greet
3) Enchanted Tales With Belle had no FP
4) They were going to test FP+ during our trip but we weren't part of it. (inflating the standby line there)

SO frustrating. It really did seem Disney was conspiring against me trying to get a new photo with Belle!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #56
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Thanks Glennie!

Just imagine how frustrated I was to find out over the course of the summer:

1) Belle would no longer be out at Town Square Theater for meet & greets
2) Enchanted Tales With Belle was not a traditional meet & greet
3) Enchanted Tales With Belle had no FP
4) They were going to test FP+ during our trip but we weren't part of it. (inflating the standby line there)

SO frustrating. It really did seem Disney was conspiring against me trying to get a new photo with Belle!
It does sound like a conspiracy. Lucky that you were able to get a picture of Katie and Belle together. Did she have participate in the Enchanted tales with Belle in order for you to get the picture? Julia thinks Katie looks prettier then Belle. Did she go to BBB to get her hair done? I know you were upset that Belle would not be out in her Christmas dress, did you have any luck at all finding her in it?
2015 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 01-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #57
katt789
DIS Veteran

That is QUITE the experience with booking the ADRs! I wish I had planned my Feb trip more in advance so we could have gotten Be Our Guest, but we've got some other fun places and will just do lunch to satisfy us!

I'm excited to hear all about it!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 01-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #59
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

So excited to read the new trip report! I don't think I ever commented on the other one but I read it! Katie and her dresses are gorgeous!

Also, we just got back from Disney and it seems the only place to get the beast stuffed animal anymore is the store in Belle's village. Our Disney store used to carry it but when I finally went to get it at Christmastime, they didn't have any and said they would no longer carry it.

I went to all the stores at DTD, and found every stuffed animal except beast! No where in MK either except that one store in Belle's village. But now $40 later, I am a proud beast owner.

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
Old 01-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #60
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
It does sound like a conspiracy. Lucky that you were able to get a picture of Katie and Belle together. Did she have participate in the Enchanted tales with Belle in order for you to get the picture? Julia thinks Katie looks prettier then Belle. Did she go to BBB to get her hair done? I know you were upset that Belle would not be out in her Christmas dress, did you have any luck at all finding her in it?

Well, anyone who saw me posting on those Belle threads probably thought I had gone off my rocker, but things like this are what I love about Disney. Scrapbooking and photography are my hobbies and I love to plan these photo ops. I was so excited to think we could break out that Belle gown again, only to then think we might not even get a photo with Belle.

I left off the part about losing Belle in her red from MVMCP from my list. I actually emailed Disney when that leaked out. They called but were so full of crap......... I mean nonsense.......... They said they were listening to people about Belle and were going to try and have her out in Epcot in her red earlier in December. Maybe even add Beast back there or add Beast to the party. I should keep my eyes out for them. Yeah. Yadda yadda yadda. I didln't believe any of it at the time, and it indeed was not true. Any of it. So no, we never saw Belle in her red. (Well never met her. She is in the MVMCP parade in her red). I read since then that she wore red at Akershus during Christmas week, which is exactly what they have done every other year.

Katie wasn't real excited when I told her at first she needed to participate to get a photo, but then when we watched the video online, she saw it wasn't like participating in the old Belle's Storytime, and even adults were participating, so she didn't mind. She was a set of silverware one time, a feather duster the other.

Tell Julie thank you for the kind words. I'll pass them along to Katie. Yes, we did go to BBB that morning. I wasn't fond of the hairstyle with the Cindy gown she wore at the time, but loved it with the Belle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
That is QUITE the experience with booking the ADRs! I wish I had planned my Feb trip more in advance so we could have gotten Be Our Guest, but we've got some other fun places and will just do lunch to satisfy us!

I'm excited to hear all about it!
It was all part of the adventure of this trip! So many people came away disappointed though. What a horrible day for them. I have a friend who I knew was going to Disney at the same time. She had seen the announcement about the 8/20 date, but never saw the revised start time. So when she logged on at noon, everything was gone. I kept watching for a cancellation for them, but every time one came up, it never seemed to show back up in the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I forgot you had gotten the Beast. He is so cute
He sure is a cutie, isn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
So excited to read the new trip report! I don't think I ever commented on the other one but I read it! Katie and her dresses are gorgeous!

Also, we just got back from Disney and it seems the only place to get the beast stuffed animal anymore is the store in Belle's village. Our Disney store used to carry it but when I finally went to get it at Christmastime, they didn't have any and said they would no longer carry it.

I went to all the stores at DTD, and found every stuffed animal except beast! No where in MK either except that one store in Belle's village. But now $40 later, I am a proud beast owner.
Well, if it helps any, I don't think he was a lot less when I bought him at the Disney store. I don't remember, but he was at least $30. I should have bought him a few weeks earlier when they were all on sale. I thought about it. But then I figured he would just make me mad if I didn't get ADRs and had to look at him every day! That kind of taunting I could do without!

He really is nice though. I'm glad I got him. Glad you did too! And I'm glad you're reading along!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: