Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #166
Curoly06
Mouseketeer

Joining in! I'm really excited to read your TR and see your wonderful talent in dressmaking!!

*1985*1986*1987*1992*1994*1996*1998*2000*2005*2006*2007*POP 2008*POP 2009*ASMu Feb 2012**ASM Sept 2012*ASMu Sept 2013
Curoly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:25 AM   #167
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curoly06 View Post
Joining in! I'm really excited to read your TR and see your wonderful talent in dressmaking!!
Hi! Glad to have you reading along!

I promise I'll get going again very soon.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #168
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

That is what happens to stuff when I don't get updates

Just kidding

I just really want to be doing this

I am doing the coffee part, but I have no story to read
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #169
francis6306
DIS Veteran

OMG… I totally missed that you had started this!!!! I'll be back to read later! Geez… you take a break from the Disboards and you get 20 pages behind before you ever get started!!

Oh. And when did typing out 3 periods create "&" instead of ". . ." (I had to use spaces on that!) I guess they want me to break that habit??? Sigh..

Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #170
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
OMG& I totally missed that you had started this!!!! I'll be back to read later! Geez& you take a break from the Disboards and you get 20 pages behind before you ever get started!!

Oh. And when did typing out 3 periods create "&" instead of ". . ." (I had to use spaces on that!) I guess they want me to break that habit??? Sigh..
yes, it keeps doing that to me too and taking some of my punctuation away as well. Like ' and " . Weird
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #171
sassie_kat
Mouseketeer

Alright, I'm jumping in and trying my hand at a Belle dress for my little princess for our March trip. I have no pattern, just a tutorial I found on a website. For my little three year old I bought 5 yards of fabric for this one dress . . . and I think I might need more!! I'll post pictures along the way if you want a good laugh!
sassie_kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #172
GrammytoMany
Mouseketeer

Hi....joining in to follow your report I can't believe how much taller your daughter has grown since I saw from another one of your trips. Don't you wish you could keep the small forever.
Sheila
GrammytoMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #173
Holly324
Mouseketeer

Joining in! I have loved your other trip reports, so I am excited to read this one!

Holly324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #174
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #175
babynala
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your new TR. I just got back from doing Disney with my nephew and my princess loving niece. All your advice over the years really paid off for us so thanks. We even did a few quick changes in line!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #176
WDWAtLast
I found my Prince - now where are the mice and birds that do housework?

I'm here, I'm here!! I have been lurking off and on waiting for your TR!!! Can't wait to catch up - I am only a month late!

WDWAtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #177
WDWAtLast
I found my Prince - now where are the mice and birds that do housework?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
LOL, not creepy at all. I love when other DISers stop and say hi! It could very well have been us. Friday night we would have been stopping at our locker to pick up our bags to head for the Grand Floridian and dinner at 1900 PF. And it would have been around that time.

So glad you've come out of lurkdom!

I really wanted above all else this trip, to FULLY experience Be Our Guest. And I really feel like we did. And we all loved it. I actually just finished an 8x8 scrapbook just on Be Our Guest. I took TONS of photos in there, so it was fun to put them into a book we can sit down and look at.

I'm still beyond perplexed to think they thought having Belle harder to meet just as they opened her village would not meet with some disappointment from their guests. They got an awful lot right in New Fantasyland, but I'm sorry, that is still labeled a "colossal miss" in my book!

I hope to get going on this in just a bit....... really.....

Well, THAT's the reason I didn't really get started yet. I was waiting on Jenn. Yeah..... that's it. It's HER fault!

OK, I guess you guys know by now that I eventually get it all done, but that sometimes there are delays along the way.

Jenn, I channelled you one night in the MK. That's all I'm saying.
Braggart! I can't believe you already have a completed scrapbook!! (way to go!) Can't wait to finish catching up!

Hijack: I have started Project Life (Becky Higgins) this year and am loving it - have you ever used PL to keep up with scrapbooking?

WDWAtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #178
YodasMom
Holy Cow!! 741!!
Been there, done that...and lost sleep! Yuk!

Hey, Janet, I returned from WDW last week. And, Oh I'm so glad to be back in this beautiful winter weather with freezing rain, sleet and snow.......NOT!!!

Anyway, the weather at WDW was absolutely GORGEOUS!!! First 2 days were cool, but the last 5 days were heaven. Clear blue skies, with hardly a cloud the whole time!!! Crowds were a little more than what I previously experienced several years ago when I used to go in January. Lots of Foreign Tour groups.

Enjoyed seeing the new Fantasyland. Epcot is still my fave, though! Absolutely loved staying at Kidani for the week. It was beautiful and SO quiet and peaceful.

Looking forward to going back at the end of April / first of May!

Looking forward to more of your Trip Report, too!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #179
molitva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWAtLast View Post
Braggart! I can't believe you already have a completed scrapbook!! (way to go!) Can't wait to finish catching up!

Hijack: I have started Project Life (Becky Higgins) this year and am loving it - have you ever used PL to keep up with scrapbooking?
I'm using the PL style to scrapbook our Dec disney trip. I just got my photos in the mail yesterday

I don't think I could keep up with a weekly Project Life, but I really like the concept for faster scrapbooking.
molitva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #180
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post

That is what happens to stuff when I don't get updates

Just kidding

I just really want to be doing this

I am doing the coffee part, but I have no story to read
Man, I've been so slow with this next update that you probably don't have a computer left by this point!

I'm so sorry to say it's going to be at least a few more days. Just too much going on in life right now. I promise I'll make up for it and really get going soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
OMG… I totally missed that you had started this!!!! I'll be back to read later! Geez… you take a break from the Disboards and you get 20 pages behind before you ever get started!!

Yeah! I'm glad you found me. And wasn't that nice of me to hang on and not really get going until you got here?

I haven't had the punctuation issues, but yesterday it wouldn't let me type anything all caps. I don't do that a lot, but sometimes like to do just certain words that way for emphasis. I will also do abbreviations in all caps sometimes like TSMM or CRT. It wouldn't let me do those, but today it would. Very wonky.

Thanks for the heads up on Belle's gown. You're the first one to break the news to me. Then Jen found a link to the photo for me. Bottom line though? I really don't like it at all. It looks to me like it was designed by somebody with a multiple personality disorder. Like someone designed the bodice, someone else designed the bottom half of the skirt, somone the top half of the skirt, someone the skirt swag. Then they all came together to make it one gown. WAY too many different fabrics and shades of a color that is all wrong to begin with. And where is her hairband??????

I thought it was funny that Kenny the Pirate says they are thinking of making Peter's ears in the park pointed, to make him closer to his image in the movie. Yet the move from what they had Belle wearing, to THIS. It's really hard to see that as representative of the gown in the film at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
yes, it keeps doing that to me too and taking some of my punctuation away as well. Like ' and " . Weird
TOTALLY WEIRD. Sorry. I just had to yell for a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie_kat View Post
Alright, I'm jumping in and trying my hand at a Belle dress for my little princess for our March trip. I have no pattern, just a tutorial I found on a website. For my little three year old I bought 5 yards of fabric for this one dress . . . and I think I might need more!! I'll post pictures along the way if you want a good laugh!
Let me know how it goes! Good luck! And by all means post photos if you want. I can't believe they don't sell that Belle pattern any more. And I'm not the least bit surprised that 5 yards might not be enough.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: