Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #151
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Sewing with the "fancy" fabrics is the most fun!

Thanks for the nice words and

Yuck. Replacing stuff, especially expensive stuff...... is not fun. Are the pocket wizards at least something new and different for you? I really want my next camera to be able to trigger my flash off-camera so I can start playing around with it more.

So you're not in with the "shorter days" plan? Ah, a girl after my own heart!

Thanks so much for the heads up Erin. I really enjoyed watching. The doll dresses were adorable!
We are going to disney and paying a crazy amount of money to do so. I'm def going to get my money's worth. I find the mid day breaks a hassle to be honest especially if we only have1 day at that park, Epcot, ak and HS. I don't want to take a mid day break those days and v won nap or rest so.....

We are taking a mid week day off this time! It will be pool day! We might go to DTD for lunch and just a couple stores for shopping on that day and prob park fare for dinner but otherwise no park.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #152
nannye
DIS Veteran

Hi, sorry for posting here I tried to PM you but you're full up. and I don't want to retype lol if anyone else has advice let me know!~

Janet, can you tell me the difference between lunch and dinner at BOG? is it just that lunch is quick service and dinner is table? It's not a character meal that I know. Just wondering if a QS credit would be good enough for our day with dinner at CRT. I "think" I remember you saying you did lunch and dinner at BOG in dec. We did breakfast at CRT once and I wasn't fond of it. I much preferred dinner last year. but then again... CRT I had the traditional breakfast and didn't like it, but looking at their menu the stuffed french toast looks good, but dinner the beef tenderloin was good last year.

This is for V's princess day so I kind of like doing the 8 am BBB then going straight to characters aka Merida & princesses to get them done asap before lines get long. kind of makes me think the lunch at BOG and dinner at CRT would work. We would still have 2 other MK days but i have far too many wants for TS meals so kinda just wondering if BOG is a definite dinner or if lunch is "good enough".

Do you have an opinion?
Thanks
Erin

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
August 2011, V & I @ POP

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #153
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Lunch is counterservice and a different menu. I have heard they have quite a wait for lunch too at this point since it's so new.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #154
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Subbing. Somehow I missed this until now!

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 01-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #155
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFaninIL View Post
Those are the best Jungle cruise pics I've ever seen!!!
Thank you so much! My favorite was the other boat by the waterfall because it's different from what I've taken before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
I used to check them out at school all the time.

I never used them, but it's time to get going and join the real world.

I need to be able to remotely fire my big guns while I'm shooting sports. I can use my big flash, but it has to be on the second level and I obviously can't stay attached by a cable without causing someone to fall.

I could've gone with a more inexpensive wireless transmitters BUT the reliability isn't up to snuff.

I DO like the new portable flash. It's got a fun option to use it normal, center weighted (basically a center spotlight), and a wide flare. That flare option is AWESOME!
I was glad to hear you didn't have trouble from anyone at yesterday's meet. Did it all go ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
We are going to disney and paying a crazy amount of money to do so. I'm def going to get my money's worth. I find the mid day breaks a hassle to be honest especially if we only have1 day at that park, Epcot, ak and HS. I don't want to take a mid day break those days and v won nap or rest so.....

We are taking a mid week day off this time! It will be pool day! We might go to DTD for lunch and just a couple stores for shopping on that day and prob park fare for dinner but otherwise no park.
We feel pretty much the same way. I can rest at home. Well, I suppose if the planets lined up just right, and all my kids moved out..... I could rest. But I don't. So no need to rest at Dinsey either, right? But man, my feet were really arguing that point on this last trip. I do think your plan for a down day sounds great.

Quote:
Hi, sorry for posting here I tried to PM you but you're full up. and I don't want to retype lol if anyone else has advice let me know!~

Janet, can you tell me the difference between lunch and dinner at BOG? is it just that lunch is quick service and dinner is table? It's not a character meal that I know. Just wondering if a QS credit would be good enough for our day with dinner at CRT. I "think" I remember you saying you did lunch and dinner at BOG in dec. We did breakfast at CRT once and I wasn't fond of it. I much preferred dinner last year. but then again... CRT I had the traditional breakfast and didn't like it, but looking at their menu the stuffed french toast looks good, but dinner the beef tenderloin was good last year.

This is for V's princess day so I kind of like doing the 8 am BBB then going straight to characters aka Merida & princesses to get them done asap before lines get long. kind of makes me think the lunch at BOG and dinner at CRT would work. We would still have 2 other MK days but i have far too many wants for TS meals so kinda just wondering if BOG is a definite dinner or if lunch is "good enough".

Do you have an opinion?
Thanks
Erin
Well, rarely does someone ask me a question and I don't have an opinion. So here goes:

Lunch is really very good at BOG. It is far better than any other CS option at Disney. At least in my opinion. But I did actually prefer dinner. And that's partly because it just doesn't feel as crowded. They are clearly trying at lunch to squeeze as many people as possible through there as possible as quickly as possible. We were continually asked to squeeze closer together so they could move the line up farther on the bridge. Then when you go in, the room where you order is pretty packed as well.

Once you sit down, it's just lovely. And very laid back. I had no trouble at all exploring and photographing every room.

The other difference is that the Beast is only there at dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Lunch is counterservice and a different menu. I have heard they have quite a wait for lunch too at this point since it's so new.
Thanks Jen! Tell Michael I said Happy Birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Subbing. Somehow I missed this until now!
Glad you found us! You haven't missed much yet.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #156
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
I was glad to hear you didn't have trouble from anyone at yesterday's meet. Did it all go ok?
It went pretty good. It started late and since they did diving in the morning, they still took a break where diving should've been.

The officials disappeared for 30 minutes.

I got what I needed for this week's paper, but I had to leave early from the meet to go take newborn baby pictures for a couple that I did their wedding 2-3 years ago.

My biggest thing on the day was avoiding teenage boys in speedos that didn't want to get splashed with water.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #157
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

One update the whole time I been busy! YAY!!

I had an issue at AoA later in our trip and I found the people behind the desk to be less than helpful. Sorry it took so long and was such a hassle to finally get your tickets picked up.

I love the elephants on Jungle Cruise! The babies are my favorite!

Chip & Dale are the best character interactions! Such sassy chipmunks!

It feels good to finally be in the swing of MK doens't it?
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 AM   #158
molitva
Mouseketeer

@nannye I wasn't able to get a reservation for BOG dinner so we made a point of seeking it out for lunch. We lined up around 10:25 a.m. and were at the end of the bridge leading up to the doors. We were sitting with our food right around 11 a.m. They opened the doors at 10:30.

We LOVED it! It was a combo of the food and the atmosphere and the "newness" of it. BF was so impressed that he requested it as our lunch on departure day. Even the second time it didn't disappoint. I wasn't bothered by the wait for an early lunch, even though I was probably giving up some prime touring time.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #159
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi! So glad you found us!

TST is almost always Cindy, Aurora and Rapunzel now. Snow White is still out in the hub area.

And you are correct, Belle is now only at Epcot in France (without the Beast now) and Akershus. She is not at CRT any longer. And while you can get a quick photo with her after storytime (participants) it's not a traditional meet & greet. It is very rushed there are no autographs. The only place Belle signs now is at Epcot.

YEAH for getting your trip booked! So is the AG doll coming along with her wardrobe?
I completely missed all this! So the only place to see Belle in the yellow dress is storytime with Belle That kinda sucks. and no Beast at Epcot! we missed them last time I was dissappointed We were for sure going to see him this time. And Belle is not at CRT, has anyone replaced her or is it just 3 princesses now?

Oh well.

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #160
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post

My biggest thing on the day was avoiding teenage boys in speedos that didn't want to get splashed with water.
LOL, I can imagine that was a challenge all its own! At least that has to be better than cross country where you have to avoid their stench!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
One update the whole time I been busy! YAY!!

I had an issue at AoA later in our trip and I found the people behind the desk to be less than helpful. Sorry it took so long and was such a hassle to finally get your tickets picked up.

I love the elephants on Jungle Cruise! The babies are my favorite!

Chip & Dale are the best character interactions! Such sassy chipmunks!

It feels good to finally be in the swing of MK doens't it?
I know, I need to get another update done, but life has just been throwing me too many curve balls. Hopefully it will settle back down again soon.

I'll be curiuos to see what your AoA issue was. I will say that when we stopped by later that night to pick up those tickets (the ones they told us that morning they couldn't print for us.....) they were really very helpful. But that morning really did have me sweating bullets.

I think the elephants really are my favorite part of Jungle Cruise.

And our family really bonded with Chip and Dale in 09. Timmy was along on that trip at age 14 and they really hassled him. He had a way that year of wandering off any time we got into a character line. Only this time I tipped off Chip (or was it Dale?????) and he left the meet & greet spot to go DRAG Timmy back for a family photo. Thankfully Timmy's a good sport and played along.

And yes, it felt awesome to be back in the MK. We spent a TON of time in the MK this time and you know what?

It STILL wasn't enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
@nannye I wasn't able to get a reservation for BOG dinner so we made a point of seeking it out for lunch. We lined up around 10:25 a.m. and were at the end of the bridge leading up to the doors. We were sitting with our food right around 11 a.m. They opened the doors at 10:30.

We LOVED it! It was a combo of the food and the atmosphere and the "newness" of it. BF was so impressed that he requested it as our lunch on departure day. Even the second time it didn't disappoint. I wasn't bothered by the wait for an early lunch, even though I was probably giving up some prime touring time.
It really is quite a remarkable experience, isn't it? BOG really was one of the highlights of the trip for us.

Quote:
I completely missed all this! So the only place to see Belle in the yellow dress is storytime with Belle That kinda sucks. and no Beast at Epcot! we missed them last time I was dissappointed We were for sure going to see him this time. And Belle is not at CRT, has anyone replaced her or is it just 3 princesses now?

Oh well.
Belle is still at Akershus in her yellow. And if you really want to see the Beast, dinner at BOG is the only way to do that.

Jasmine is at CRT now, usually with Aurora, Snow White and Ariel in the dining room, with Cindy in the lobby.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #161
nannye
DIS Veteran

grr i replied earlier, apparently my ipad didnt take it. I so dislike doing anything but reading on the ipad.

Anyways, Disney says BOG isn't a character meal. Is the beast there just a promo thing for new fantasyland opening?

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #162
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye
grr i replied earlier, apparently my ipad didnt take it. I so dislike doing anything but reading on the ipad.

Anyways, Disney says BOG isn't a character meal. Is the beast there just a promo thing for new fantasyland opening?
It's not a character meal because he doesn't stop at tables. He has a M&G in an anteroom that you can do after your meal, and he also walks through the dining rooms about every half-hour or so. No idea how long this will continue.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #163
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's not a character meal because he doesn't stop at tables. He has a M&G in an anteroom that you can do after your meal, and he also walks through the dining rooms about every half-hour or so. No idea how long this will continue.
Yep. What he said.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #164
nannye
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the clarification. I think I'll just make an ADR and cancel later if I decide to. If I can get an adr that is.
V wants to be Belle this year so that would be cute. I need to talk to her to see if she'll even go up to him tho. If she flat out refuses well

Thanks Janet and Mesaboy!

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #165
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. I think I'll just make an ADR and cancel later if I decide to. If I can get an adr that is.
V wants to be Belle this year so that would be cute. I need to talk to her to see if she'll even go up to him tho. If she flat out refuses well

Thanks Janet and Mesaboy!
Smart move. You can always cancel later. But trying to find one later if you pass now might never happen.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: