Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #136
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran
 
lvcourtneyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 1,282

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

PP+ for us went without a hitch. I got lucky and there was nobody in line at the photo center. We were literally in and out of there in 30 seconds. A few resorts have a photo center where I think you can exchange the voucher, but not all of them. GF does, and a few others deluxes. Maybe a spot on DTD? I'm not certain on that.

Thanks for the kind comments on the photos!
I just wanted to put my 2 cents in lol! There is a PP+ spot in DTD. If you go inside Team Mickey, you can find it. There was a separate entrance to it too but I think the Team Mickey entrance is easier to find! I absolutely loved having PP+ on our trip!


I can't believe the hassle you had with getting your tickets! How ridiculous. I'm glad it worked out in the end though.

Love the Jungle Cruise pictures! I don't think I took any Wow sounds like you guys had great luck with lines!!
__________________


Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #137
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Scary start with the tickets for sure. This summer will be our first "fastpass enforcement" with Disney as Disneyland didn't have it this past summer. I love to load up the fast passes and use them at night after taking a break from the parks. Oh well what can you do? With all the new technology coming our way into the parks I have a feeling that some of the spontaneity will be gone. Who wants a rigid schedule to follow when on vacation?

What dining did you end up getting? Loving the photos too. Your family is very darling. Katie in flip flops in the winter at MK is funny to see.

Alright off to start looking at Universal Studios and how much that will cost for me to get in. We haven't been there since the 90's.
I need to pop back into the DL forum again. I know there was a rumor again that FP enforcement would start by the end of January. I'd love to not owrry about that when we go, but that's a ways away. Not sure I have any hope of that.

Time enforcement sounds bad enough. But when you add in FP+ and pre-scheduled ride times, it just makes my head hurt. I love to plan. But once I walk in the gates, I want to have some spontaneity. That just seems to be less and less possible.

Our Free Dining was Counter Service, but we paid to upgrade to the regular dining plan. For us, eating at the caracter meals is a big part of the experience.

And yeah, flip-flops are looking a little out of place in the weather we're having right now. I know we don't have it as bad as other parts of the country, but sheesh. It was COLD today!

We haven't been to Universal since 2004. But all this talk about FP+ really has me considering a trip off property next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
I just wanted to put my 2 cents in lol! There is a PP+ spot in DTD. If you go inside Team Mickey, you can find it. There was a separate entrance to it too but I think the Team Mickey entrance is easier to find! I absolutely loved having PP+ on our trip!


I can't believe the hassle you had with getting your tickets! How ridiculous. I'm glad it worked out in the end though.

Love the Jungle Cruise pictures! I don't think I took any Wow sounds like you guys had great luck with lines!!
Thanks for the info on DTD! I thought I had heard there was a spot there, but I honestly don't spend much time there. In fact, this would be the first trip in a long time that we even went to DTD. That's coming up soon.

Jungle Cruise might just be Drew's favorite Disney ride. And even though I take photos every time, well..... I take photos ever time! I just can't help it!
mom2rtk is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #138
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way
 
kwitcherkicken99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,013

I'm so glad I got to come home to an update.

My flash tube died. On assignment.

kwitcherkicken99 is offline  
Old 01-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #139
nannye
DIS Veteran
 
nannye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: K-W, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,599

Janet, how long was the walk from your LM room at AOA to the bus? how long to the food court/lobby?

I want POR, but might not be in the budget this time so we may be looking at values and AOA would be nice, but the walk I've heard is not so nice and NO stroller for V this year. and Thanks! I really didn't think we were going back. V's mom hadn't mentioned it. Out of the blue I got the email on Saturday. I have 2 weeks to figure it out before ADRS (and I want a BOG ressie!)

Oh ya and V has already declared that she must have a Drizella Dress BUT she won't do BBB (really?)
__________________
Me Erin (30) & nanny to V (6)
August 2013 PTR! 3rd Times A Charm August 2013 PTR

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP


Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #140
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Janet, how long was the walk from your LM room at AOA to the bus? how long to the food court/lobby?

I want POR, but might not be in the budget this time so we may be looking at values and AOA would be nice, but the walk I've heard is not so nice and NO stroller for V this year. and Thanks! I really didn't think we were going back. V's mom hadn't mentioned it. Out of the blue I got the email on Saturday. I have 2 weeks to figure it out before ADRS (and I want a BOG ressie!)

Oh ya and V has already declared that she must have a Drizella Dress BUT she won't do BBB (really?)
I would guessitmate it about 7 minutes. It might be shorter if you walk faster and longer if you walk slower. Some nights it seemed REALLY far away.
jenseib is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #141
scrapbookersdis
Yes, we are going to Disney World *again*!
It never occurred to me to wonder
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northeast
Posts: 364

Off the Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Time enforcement sounds bad enough. But when you add in FP+ and pre-scheduled ride times, it just makes my head hurt. I love to plan. But once I walk in the gates, I want to have some spontaneity. That just seems to be less and less possible.
I don't like it when Disney makes you feel a sensation of Them versus Us.

Years ago, the unofficial policy was, you could use any FP (no matter how old -- even years), from the opening time of the window on the pass until the park closed. The day didn't matter, just the time. Plenty of people had four-inch thick stacks of FPs (collected over every visit). Actually, there are still people with those stacks -- I just saw one in the MK a few weeks ago. The CMs may be enforcing the closing time on the window now, but they're still not enforcing the date. Not that I'd recommend depending on it. Like you, I'm responding to the "tightening" of policies by just looking outside Disney property -- though I have a certain sympathy for people who work the dang system. Vive la revolution!

Had to chuckle sympathetically at your comment about the pass pick-up angst interfering with your photography at AoA. I am the same way -- the number of photos I take goes down in direct proportion to the amount of stress.

Looking forward to your next update!
scrapbookersdis is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #142
nannye
DIS Veteran
 
nannye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: K-W, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,599

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I would guessitmate it about 7 minutes. It might be shorter if you walk faster and longer if you walk slower. Some nights it seemed REALLY far away.
Thanks Jennifer, I really can't decide if I would want to try it. The resort looks great and comparing to our 3-4 min walk at Riverside whats another 3 min, but I'm not sure I'd be feeling that extra few min at the end of a long day.

Riverside is my first choice, its just so calm and quiet. I know V would like AofA tho.
__________________
Me Erin (30) & nanny to V (6)
August 2013 PTR! 3rd Times A Charm August 2013 PTR

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP


Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #143
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
I'm so glad I got to come home to an update.

My flash tube died. On assignment.

OK, I'm lost What is a flash "tube"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Janet, how long was the walk from your LM room at AOA to the bus? how long to the food court/lobby?

I want POR, but might not be in the budget this time so we may be looking at values and AOA would be nice, but the walk I've heard is not so nice and NO stroller for V this year. and Thanks! I really didn't think we were going back. V's mom hadn't mentioned it. Out of the blue I got the email on Saturday. I have 2 weeks to figure it out before ADRS (and I want a BOG ressie!)

Oh ya and V has already declared that she must have a Drizella Dress BUT she won't do BBB (really?)
I never really timed the walk at all. To me it was just more of a feeling. It was long. Yes, that's my technical assessment. For me though, it was more than just the length. It was about how it played into my decision making process. No bringing breakfast back to he room for everyone. We ate on our way out. No running to the gift shop in the evening for that one extra thing. No refilling our mugs, which were in our room, when we got back at the end of the day. But do keep in mind we keep very long hours in the parks. We were on our feet 10-12 hours a day for 9 days in a row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I would guessitmate it about 7 minutes. It might be shorter if you walk faster and longer if you walk slower. Some nights it seemed REALLY far away.
Thanks Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookersdis View Post
I don't like it when Disney makes you feel a sensation of Them versus Us.

Years ago, the unofficial policy was, you could use any FP (no matter how old -- even years), from the opening time of the window on the pass until the park closed. The day didn't matter, just the time. Plenty of people had four-inch thick stacks of FPs (collected over every visit). Actually, there are still people with those stacks -- I just saw one in the MK a few weeks ago. The CMs may be enforcing the closing time on the window now, but they're still not enforcing the date. Not that I'd recommend depending on it. Like you, I'm responding to the "tightening" of policies by just looking outside Disney property -- though I have a certain sympathy for people who work the dang system. Vive la revolution!

Had to chuckle sympathetically at your comment about the pass pick-up angst interfering with your photography at AoA. I am the same way -- the number of photos I take goes down in direct proportion to the amount of stress.

Looking forward to your next update!
Yep, nothing better than some photography time in my happy place. But my happy place is more than just being at Disney. It's being relaxed at Disney!

And I never heard such a story about FPs! You better not post that over on the FP+ threads. Oh my, I can just see the feeding frenzy. Some there thought it just sort of a felony to use a late FP on the same DAY (when the CMs said you could), let alone at a later date. It's crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Thanks Jennifer, I really can't decide if I would want to try it. The resort looks great and comparing to our 3-4 min walk at Riverside whats another 3 min, but I'm not sure I'd be feeling that extra few min at the end of a long day.

Riverside is my first choice, its just so calm and quiet. I know V would like AofA tho.
I have no idea how far the rooms are out at POR, so I really can't help you with that. But if this is the first trip without a stroller, I think I'd think long and hard about AoA. Unless you want to be carrying her at the end of a long day.

But then I'm just spoiled by our previous stays at Pop where we were always able to request a close room.

Maybe you could just schedule shorter days than Katie and I do.
mom2rtk is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #144
sassie_kat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 153

I've been following your TRs for some time now. Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous! I love that she's so "grown" and yet still dresses up in the princess dresses. I'm hoping my little girl will follow in her footsteps. Now momma just needs to improve her sewing skills and comfort at using the "fancy" fabrics!
sassie_kat is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #145
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way
 
kwitcherkicken99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
OK, I'm lost What is a flash "tube"?
Basically the bulb. The part that makes the light.

$675 and a trip to Indianapolis later...

I'm the proud owner of a bouncing baby SB-700 flash and a pair of pocket wizard wireless transmitters.
kwitcherkicken99 is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 PM   #146
nannye
DIS Veteran
 
nannye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: K-W, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,599

shorter days ha ha

I did make my decision. The walk sealed it. I'm sucking it up and booking POR. I don't want to be on vacation and regretting not booking it and I really just fell in love with it!
__________________
Me Erin (30) & nanny to V (6)
August 2013 PTR! 3rd Times A Charm August 2013 PTR

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP


Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #147
nannye
DIS Veteran
 
nannye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: K-W, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,599

Oh Janet, I posted our Park Fare dinner in my TR, you'll love it, video too!
__________________
Me Erin (30) & nanny to V (6)
August 2013 PTR! 3rd Times A Charm August 2013 PTR

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP


Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #148
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie_kat View Post
I've been following your TRs for some time now. Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous! I love that she's so "grown" and yet still dresses up in the princess dresses. I'm hoping my little girl will follow in her footsteps. Now momma just needs to improve her sewing skills and comfort at using the "fancy" fabrics!
Sewing with the "fancy" fabrics is the most fun!

Thanks for the nice words and

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
Basically the bulb. The part that makes the light.

$675 and a trip to Indianapolis later...

I'm the proud owner of a bouncing baby SB-700 flash and a pair of pocket wizard wireless transmitters.
Yuck. Replacing stuff, especially expensive stuff...... is not fun. Are the pocket wizards at least something new and different for you? I really want my next camera to be able to trigger my flash off-camera so I can start playing around with it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
shorter days ha ha

I did make my decision. The walk sealed it. I'm sucking it up and booking POR. I don't want to be on vacation and regretting not booking it and I really just fell in love with it!

So you're not in with the "shorter days" plan? Ah, a girl after my own heart!


Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Oh Janet, I posted our Park Fare dinner in my TR, you'll love it, video too!
Thanks so much for the heads up Erin. I really enjoyed watching. The doll dresses were adorable!
mom2rtk is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #149
HuskerFaninIL
DIS Veteran
 
HuskerFaninIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 801

Those are the best Jungle cruise pics I've ever seen!!!
__________________
Michelle (me) (DH) (DD8) (DD6)



HuskerFaninIL is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #150
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way
 
kwitcherkicken99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Yuck. Replacing stuff, especially expensive stuff...... is not fun. Are the pocket wizards at least something new and different for you? I really want my next camera to be able to trigger my flash off-camera so I can start playing around with it more.
I used to check them out at school all the time.

I never used them, but it's time to get going and join the real world.

I need to be able to remotely fire my big guns while I'm shooting sports. I can use my big flash, but it has to be on the second level and I obviously can't stay attached by a cable without causing someone to fall.

I could've gone with a more inexpensive wireless transmitters BUT the reliability isn't up to snuff.

I DO like the new portable flash. It's got a fun option to use it normal, center weighted (basically a center spotlight), and a wide flare. That flare option is AWESOME!
kwitcherkicken99 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: