Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Smile Harry Potter Studio Tour

Just back from the Harry Potter Studio Tour and can honestly say its the best thing I've done this year. LOVED every second of it. It was extremely well done and even my DH who has not read any of the books thought it was excellent. Nearly didn't make it thanks to a crash on the M3/M25 junction between an Olympic bus and a BWM, took us over an hour to do one junction!!!

Took 350 photo's

Loved it loads more then HP in IOA..did not try the butter beer this time as hated the Florida version although DH enjoyed it.

If you get a chance go as its well worth the money.

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
wildwood
DIS Veteran

we went a couple of weeks ago for a surprise trip for my DS 15th birthday , we to thought it was much better then universal studios an amazing tour with fantastic things to see .

1991, 1994 , 1996 , 2000, 2001 , 2002 OFF SITE.
2005 WDW ON SITE @ ASM ,
Aug 2006 , Feb 2007 , Oct 2007,Dec 2008, Dec 2009, Oct 2010 , August 2011 , August 2012 , August 2013 , July 2014 all at Chatham park villa .
wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
Danauk
I would be sitting on the patio of the Fontana bar at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas watching the dancing fountains on a warm balmy night whilst sipping vintage Champagne

We went this afternoon too and also thought it was amazing. I had a Butterbeer and actually liked it. I took over 350 pictures as well!! I would also really recommend it to others. I thought the model of Hogwarts at the end was stunning.
Disneyland Paris: Aug 1998 (off site - honeymoon), Easter 2004 (Hotel New York), Feb 2005 (off site), April 2008 (Hotel New York), October 2008 (Disneyland Hotel), November 2008 (Hotel New York), August 2013, Halloween 2013, New Year 2013/4, August 2014, New Year 2014/15, Easter 2015 WDW: August 2003 (Beach Club Villas - 5th anniversary), Christmas/New Year 2005/6 (Beach Club Villas), August 2009 (Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view - 11th anniversary) Disneyland: August 2008 (Grand Californian, theme park view - 10th anniversary)
Danauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danauk View Post
We went this afternoon too and also thought it was amazing. I had a Butterbeer and actually liked it. I took over 350 pictures as well!! I would also really recommend it to others. I thought the model of Hogwarts at the end was stunning.

What time was your tour? Ours was 3.30 but thanks to the M25/M3 crash we went in at 4 pm...

That model was indeed truly amazing. Just when you think it can't get any better you walk through the next door and you just go WOW..

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:52 AM   #5
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

I'm going at the end of September, and I can't wait, so glad you had a great time

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:40 AM   #6
Dimplenose
Stranger from the outside
I do tend to go over the top in Disneyness

I'm pleased you enjoyed it.

We thought it was amazing. I need to rewatch all of the films now and then I might book another trip.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:56 AM   #7
Danauk
I would be sitting on the patio of the Fontana bar at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas watching the dancing fountains on a warm balmy night whilst sipping vintage Champagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
What time was your tour? Ours was 3.30 but thanks to the M25/M3 crash we went in at 4 pm...

That model was indeed truly amazing. Just when you think it can't get any better you walk through the next door and you just go WOW..
We were on the 4pm tour, I bet we saw one another in there! I had a pink Minnie Mouse tshirt on.
Disneyland Paris: Aug 1998 (off site - honeymoon), Easter 2004 (Hotel New York), Feb 2005 (off site), April 2008 (Hotel New York), October 2008 (Disneyland Hotel), November 2008 (Hotel New York), August 2013, Halloween 2013, New Year 2013/4, August 2014, New Year 2014/15, Easter 2015 WDW: August 2003 (Beach Club Villas - 5th anniversary), Christmas/New Year 2005/6 (Beach Club Villas), August 2009 (Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view - 11th anniversary) Disneyland: August 2008 (Grand Californian, theme park view - 10th anniversary)
Danauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
amylouv
Earning My Ears

I'm going on the 18th August, I'm so excited! I've heard so many good things about it, and it seems as though it will be well worth taking my digital SLR with me for photos? What was your favourite part of the tour?
amylouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

We were there last week. I thought it was amazing too. Spent hours in there and I still think we could go back and see more. We didn't have time to read all the details. Got some fantastic photos and loved every part of it
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #10
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danauk View Post
We were on the 4pm tour, I bet we saw one another in there! I had a pink Minnie Mouse tshirt on.
I'm gonna have a look through my 350 photo's for a Minnie Mouse T-shirt! We will be the fat couple in yours

Old 07-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

The model is just, there are no words!

Loved flying on a broomstick.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #12
mugglebe
Mouseketeer

An Excited Potter Fan!

I am going in February. I can't wait! I just have to wait for the tickets to go on sale.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #13
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylouv View Post
I'm going on the 18th August, I'm so excited! I've heard so many good things about it, and it seems as though it will be well worth taking my digital SLR with me for photos? What was your favourite part of the tour?
its difficult to say which part was the best bit for me...it was all so fabulous. If I HAD to say I think it would be the film sets, no diagon alley, no wait a moment....maybe its the model Oh I don't know...You will know what I mean when you go. Its definately worth taking a good camera. You aren't allowed flash but my little camera took some ok ones.
Have a fab time.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #14
amylouv
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by queendisney View Post
its difficult to say which part was the best bit for me...it was all so fabulous. If I HAD to say I think it would be the film sets, no diagon alley, no wait a moment....maybe its the model Oh I don't know...You will know what I mean when you go. Its definately worth taking a good camera. You aren't allowed flash but my little camera took some ok ones.
Have a fab time.
Thanks for the tip, wasn't aware you weren't allowed flash! The model of Hogwarts looks incredible, can't wait to see it in person!
amylouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #15
Stickers118
Earning My Ears

A Totally Potter day

We have had a totally Potter day today.

Had the films on and then went to Harry Potter Studio Tour.

Wow is all we could say. Going into the actual great hall from the films was a great experience.

We took enough photos to flatten the camera battery and we did use the flash as well. Not allowed to take video.

I am sure that we would have missed something but there was so much to see. Both DD's shied away from the pictures on the broom for some reason which still escapes me.

The Animatronics and creature section was just amazing.

The amount of detail they went into for the films is quite outstanding.

We thought that the butter beer tasted like Cream Soda and it was OK

A must see attraction in the UK

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: