Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
juljas
Earning My Ears

Undecided - Boardwalk Villas or Beach Club Villas..

Can't decide...any thoughts appreciated.

Originally we wanted the Boardwalk Villas, 11 nights December, but still terribly undecided and I keep looking at the Beach Club Villas.

I have one 12 year old DD who would love the pool at BCV, however, we will be there the first two weeks of December so not sure how much swimming we would do anyway weather wise or if the pool is geared more towards little kids which she might not like??

The Boardwalk pool looks pretty good and would be enough I would hope, but the negatives I reading about the buses makes think twice...so undecided...

So any thoughts on comparison between the two resorts would be great, in terms of accom, facilities, transport, would be great, and which would be better for a 12 year old.
juljas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
tinx35124
Earning My Ears

We stayed at BWV in Sept. We didn't realize how much we would miss the simple convenience of a quick service place to refill our mugs. I was a tad disappointed. We did have a 2 bedroom boardwalk view which was nice.

Never stayed at BCV YET. BCV is next on our DVC list.
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
bcrook
DIS Veteran

The Boardwalk boat dock is more convenient. There isn't much difference between the rooms. IF you take out Stormalong Bay, I like BWV much more. They both are great.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Tinx, next time check your welcome package or ask at conciërge when difficulty finding anything at a resort. As dat as bw; refills can be gotten at the bakery and candy store. Coffee etc also at the lounge. I would vary between bw options (pomgranate) and bc (yellow) when coming back from epcot to mix up my lemonade tastes.

As far as resortchoice; all resorts will have complaints about transportation. IMHO a lot can be impactwd by expectations. Ive done both yc (shares with bc and bcv) and bwv, but cant say one really differs that much from the other. Heck, for some destinations at low times busses can run to all 5 resorts (incl swan and dolphin bw shares with). Wouldnt influence my choice of resort in this area. Go with what fits your family and if need be availability. And Keep in mind; walk isnt that dat to enjoy the others amenities (minus pool obviously) if you deel like it.
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

Beyond greatfull for so many WDW trips, dear friendship and even a dlrp wish trip in october 2014 to close the Disney chapter. Lifes come and go, memories last for ever.
goofieslonglostsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #5
FantasiaMagic
DIS Veteran

First of all, let me just say this - whichever you decide to stay at, you can easily enjoy the other resort (except SAB)

The BC and BWV are minutes away from each other. You are in the EPCOT resort area either way, and will be in walking distance to EPCOT (5 mins) and HS (about 15 mins) You can also take a boat to both of these parks.

Between the two, I have only stayed at BCV - it is pretty incredible. I love the beachy themeing and the decor all around. The gift shop is one of my favorites and the restaurant choices are amazing.

ANd of course - the pool. SAB is considered the best resort pool on Disney property. Its like your own mini water park at the resort. The pool is perfect for all ages - kids and adults

As for pool weather, I have never been to the world in Dec - but have been in Jan and Feb. It was obviously cooler then Aug but not so bad for swimming. My family was able to swim in the daytime and at night and were only a little bit cold coming out of the water( make sure you have a towel ready!!! )

Overall, I think your choice comes down to the pool. If your daughter really wants a good pool - then BCV is the way to go. And like I said before - BWV is right across the way. And that has many fun entertainment, food and shopping experiences.

Good Luck deciding and have a great trip!!

-FantasiaMagic

AKV Kidani August 2012 TR: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2975354

FantasiaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #6
juljas
Earning My Ears

We still haven't decided on a studo or 1 bed either (just the 3 of us) - out of curiosity, can you opt not to use the sofabed in studio and get a rollaway?
juljas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #7
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

I have only stayed at BWV(staying at BC for the first time in May) We have never has any issues with transportation. We do go during a slow time(third week in Sept) but I would think the first two weeks of Dec would be slow also. We always walk to EPCOT, walk to DHS(which is a shorter walk from BWV then from BCV) bus to MK and AK. BWV does share buses with Swan and Dolphin(and sometimes BC/YC). Going BW is the first pickup so we always use the BW bus stop to take the bus in the morning. Coming back Dolphin is the first drop off spot. Since the buses are my least favorite part of Disney we always get off at the Dolphin and walk back to the Boardwalk.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: