Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
I loveStitchnippyjon
DIS Veteran

Room requests

I probably should know this, but in all our visits to WDW I have not actually requested a specific room or building!
DH has become an "exercise junkie" and so for our next trip in June we chose CSR, since it is the mod with a good exercise room. It would be so much more convenient for him if we were in Casitas 4 near the exercise facility.
Can I make this request when I do on line check-in before leaving home? He'll freak if our room is at the opposite end of the resort, since it is so spread out.
Thanks for the help!
I loveStitchnippyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I loveStitchnippyjon View Post
Can I make this request when I do on line check-in before leaving home?
I don't know about the online check-in route, but you can call and ask them to put the request on your reservations. I did this for my recent reservation and it was very easy.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

On the other hand, warming up for an exercise routine by walking to the facility isn't necessarily a bad idea... .
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
lobsterkmd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr
On the other hand, warming up for an exercise routine by walking to the facility isn't necessarily a bad idea... .
Exactly!!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
Dis_Dreamin
Mouseketeer

IIRC from my recent experience, online check-in only offers Cabanas as a location selection, but not Casitas. I just did online check-in for our upcoming trip and already had a request for Casitas (so we can be the first bus stop), and only requested close to transportation for the online portion. I would call (as I will again) closer to your arrival date to request Casitas. You might even be able to ask about placing a request for close to exercise facilities. That might work as well.
DIS Dad's Club Member #621 (since 2011)

June 2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter (First Trip)
May 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
April 2013 - Coronado Springs Resort (Mom and Dad only Anniversary trip!!)
October 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort
June 2015 - DISDads Dream Cruise

Dis_Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I would call 407WDISNEY and ask the CM to put a room request on your reservation and I would request "Casita 4 or Casita 5"

Casita 4 is where the work out room is but Casita 5 is the building right next to it.

If you want to be guaranteed to be near the work out room you can book a preferred room. The preferred rooms are in Casitas 1, 2 and 3.

We were going to stay at CSR on our November trip but I changed my mind when so many ppl complained about the motion sensors on the air conditioners. If you aren't moving around the room (like when you are sleeping) the air cuts off and you gets sweaty in your sleep.

We also picked it for the work out room because my DH works out every day. Now we just decided to stay at OKW instead. We are going to rent points and try to book a preferred room at OKW (Hospitality House studio) because OKW has a good work out room too.

I can't sleep with no air blowing.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Both resorts - CSR and OKW - also have excellent internal bus transportation. Guests who can't get a room close to the workout area and won't walk to it can always use the bus system.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

Your best bet is to call and request a room close to the exercise facility.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
Dis_Dreamin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
We were going to stay at CSR on our November trip but I changed my mind when so many ppl complained about the motion sensors on the air conditioners. If you aren't moving around the room (like when you are sleeping) the air cuts off and you gets sweaty in your sleep.
I've seen somewhere that there are bypass instructions so you can bypass the motion sensor and have the room set to whatever temp you want for a period of 24 or 48 hrs...something like that.
DIS Dad's Club Member #621 (since 2011)

June 2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter (First Trip)
May 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
April 2013 - Coronado Springs Resort (Mom and Dad only Anniversary trip!!)
October 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort
June 2015 - DISDads Dream Cruise

Dis_Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
winterman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I loveStitchnippyjon View Post
DH has become an "exercise junkie" and so for our next trip in June we chose CSR, since it is the mod with a good exercise room. It would be so much more convenient for him if we were in Casitas 4 near the exercise facility.
Can I make this request when I do on line check-in before leaving home? He'll freak if our room is at the opposite end of the resort, since it is so spread out.
Thanks for the help!
I'm sorry, but I have to ask.

Doesn't walking count as exercise?

1976, 8/1990 offsite (DS and DD's first trip), 11/1995 Disney's Village Resort, 9/1997 CSR (first trip just the two of us), 9/2000 POFQ, 9/2002 offsite, 5/2004 offsite with adult kids, 9/2005 Pop, 9/2006 Pop, 5/2008 offsite, 9/2009 ASMu/POFQ, 4/2010 Pop, 10/2011 Pop (last trip for DH), 12/2012 POR (first solo trip), 7/2013 POR (with DD, DSIL, and DGS!), 11/2013 POFQ (with DS!),11/2014 POFQ, 4/2015 ?POFQ/CBR (with DD, DSIL, DGS)

winterman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: