Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #136
Dizbabe
Earning My Ears

And, in case you didn’t know, I’m a lucky man. My lady sparkled all week, but she does every day. It made me happy to see her so happy. I love you, babe - happy anniversary!

I am the lucky one! DH makes everyday amazing whether we are on a cruise or living back in reality! I love you, baby! The trip was AWESOME!!!! Let's do it again soon!!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #137
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

You two are just so cute. I love it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #138
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Awwwwww so sweeeet!

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #139
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

LOVED your trip report. Thanks for sharing your anniversary with us.

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries
DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #140
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
You two are just so cute. I love it.
Hey, we got a "Magical Moment" certificate from a couple cast members naming us a "Cutest Couple." There was no cash prize, though.
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #141
esmith3728
Earning My Ears

so sweet... thanks for sharing!
esmith3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #142
missmdr
Mouseketeer

Super fun to read - thank you! As I sit in 15degree weather here in New England, I'm "Dream"ing of a caribean vacation!! I'm just thinking 4 nights will not be enough for me!
missmdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #143
Dave Dizney

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmdr View Post
Super fun to read - thank you! As I sit in 15degree weather here in New England, I'm "Dream"ing of a caribean vacation!! I'm just thinking 4 nights will not be enough for me!
We were worried 4 nights would be too few, but for our first Disney Cruise it was perfect. Did it leave us wanting more? YES! Would I now ever consider a 3-night? Absolutely not! Though I am pining for a 7-night in my lifetime.

...and we're in the teen's also. The saddest part is watching my tan fade back to pasty whiteness.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #144
Dizbabe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dizney View Post
We were worried 4 nights would be too few, but for our first Disney Cruise it was perfect. Did it leave us wanting more? YES! Would I now ever consider a 3-night? Absolutely not! Though I am pining for a 7-night in my lifetime.

...and we're in the teen's also. The saddest part is watching my tan fade back to pasty whiteness.
The most difficult part for me was on the last night having to pack everything up!! It just confirmed that the cruise was coming to an end too quickly! Four nights was great but the last night felt SO final!!! But yes, now I definitely want to go back!!! Can't wait to book our next cruise!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #145
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dizney View Post

I did an 11 night Med in 2010...I'm spoiled for life now.

Jill in CO
Old 01-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #146
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizbabe View Post
The most difficult part for me was on the last night having to pack everything up!! It just confirmed that the cruise was coming to an end too quickly! Four nights was great but the last night felt SO final!!! But yes, now I definitely want to go back!!! Can't wait to book our next cruise!!!
I have planned a few days in the parks after our cruise. I am hoping that it will help to lesson the sad feeling of the cruise being over. I am used to having to leave the parks at the end of vacation, not sure I could handle going home from the ship. I enjoy our children, especially now that they are grown, but I really enjoy our time alone together.

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #147
Trena
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing! You are so sweet, and funny! My DH and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on the Dream next month so your report was very helpful.

I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind.

I noticed your Tervis mugs. Did you use them at the soda machine on deck, or just in your room? I read that you have to use their little cups and then pour it into your own. Is that correct?

Where did you get the wet suits? Did you bring them from home? We are cruising Feb 6 and I really want to go snorkeling but I'm a wimp when it comes to cold water. If it keeps you warm, I might have to find some for us.

Did you set a time to pick up the snorkeling gear?...or just go when you got ready?

thanks again!
Trena
Trena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #148
MikeandSulley
Mouseketeer

Loved your trip report, we thinking of taking a 4-day cruise in 2014 for my 30 and we're soaking up as much info as we can (pun intended) as it will be our first ever cruise. Also we're originally from your area albeit across the border in Shawnee, KS.

"Wait, there's no line at Stitch, we should at least try it..."

August 1992: Offsite - May 2007: POP! - May 2008: POP! - May 2009: All-Star Movies - May 2010: All-Star Sports - June 2010: Disneyland! - September 2010: Disneyland! - May 2011: Disneyland! - September 2011: POP! - November 2012: Disneyland! - November 2013: Bonnet Creek - October 2014: Disneyland! - November/December 2014: Bonnet Creek
MikeandSulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #149
Dave Dizney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trena View Post
Thank you for sharing! You are so sweet, and funny! My DH and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on the Dream next month so your report was very helpful.

I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind.

I noticed your Tervis mugs. Did you use them at the soda machine on deck, or just in your room? I read that you have to use their little cups and then pour it into your own. Is that correct?

Where did you get the wet suits? Did you bring them from home? We are cruising Feb 6 and I really want to go snorkeling but I'm a wimp when it comes to cold water. If it keeps you warm, I might have to find some for us.

Did you set a time to pick up the snorkeling gear?...or just go when you got ready?

thanks again!
Trena
Thanks, Trena. We used our Tervis mugs for coffee in the morning in our room, washed them out, and then used them at the drink station during the day. I didn't notice any "soda police" whenever we filled up - you're safe if you use you own.

We got our wet suits at a local dive shop (even in the midwest, you can find local dive shops). I'd suggest you try one on rather than buy online - sizes can vary and we still found our 2.5mm suits for about $75. The wetsuits kept my DW (who does not enjoy anything cold) happy for the hours we were in the water.

We reserved our snorkeling gear at Castaway Cay online before we went, but found it wasn't necessary. There were plenty available all day once we got to the snorkeling lagoon by mid-day.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #150
Trena
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your reply! I'm glad there are no soda police!!
Trena is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: