Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #1321
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
uh, hummm! It was brought to my attention this morning that I was heading for 2K posts and that I should be prepared to thank the little people that made it happen. Well, thanks little people!

On a serious note, I found these boards a year and a half ago and went from checking once in a while to having the app open at my desk at work to keep track of the posts(of course everyone thinks I'm crazy, including my wife). I have met a lot of good people and more importantly great dads while posting here and look forward to meeting you all someday. The willingness of so many to help where needed, offer support where needed and generally just have a sense of community is overwhelming and not found too often nowadays. Just a thanks for accepting me into the club and allowing to post my nonsense and have a little bit of fun to break up the day.

If the next 2K posts are anything like the last ones, I may be wearing a little whit jacket by the time I get there.
Congrats Jim...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 01-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #1322
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
It isn't a Droid thing. Must be a Carl thing.

Wow Double ouch.. I think I need to stay away from here for a bit until you guys find another whipping boy
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #1323
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Wow Double ouch.. I think I need to stay away from here for a bit until you guys find another whipping boy
I'm sorry Carl, but you just got back from Disney World and I didn't. You'll get over it.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #1324
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Mark, you can be “captain” of this team…
Give it up for: Team Couch-Tater

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
I'm in! Where do I sign up?

Oh don't worry there good Captain, I'll be sure to pack the smelling salts too!
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Just make sure you sign up after the Captain does. We wouldn't want him to back out of the next convention just because you're going to be there.

Maybe you could offer to take him to Via Napoli as a peace offering just to make sure he goes. Just make sure you make an ADR first.
I can definitely be bought.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #1325
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I can definitely be bought.
I have to pass your house... I'll stop by and pick you up. You better be ready to run 13.1 miles though...
Old 01-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #1326
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:

There should be enough dads there to make that happen. If all else fails, just use the B.A. Baracus approach to get him in the elevator.

Quote:
Or Team Dole Whip vs. Team Beverly.

Hey, I know there aren't a lot of Beverly fans, but hear me out. What is the most important factor in a team name? Something that brings out a warm and fuzzy feeling in everyone or something that strikes fear into the heart of an opponent? I think we know which one is the more intimidating choice.
:
Like Boliermakers or Hoosiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
While this guy is not a Disdad by membership...I consider him an honorary Disdad by default... REALLY nice guy. Also a very short guy... he actually standing on his tip toes.

Lou Mongello and Nate!!!
Very cool! Lou is the man

Quote:
uh, hummm! It was brought to my attention this morning that I was heading for 2K posts and that I should be prepared to thank the little people that made it happen. Well, thanks little people!

On a serious note, I found these boards a year and a half ago and went from checking once in a while to having the app open at my desk at work to keep track of the posts(of course everyone thinks I'm crazy, including my wife). I have met a lot of good people and more importantly great dads while posting here and look forward to meeting you all someday. The willingness of so many to help where needed, offer support where needed and generally just have a sense of community is overwhelming and not found too often nowadays. Just a thanks for accepting me into the club and allowing to post my nonsense and have a little bit of fun to break up the day.

If the next 2K posts are anything like the last ones, I may be wearing a little whit jacket by the time I get there.
Well said Jim. Great to have you on here.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 11/1/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 01-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #1327
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice

I'm glad you used the ''quotes'' on runners. I'm still not sure Barry & I can consider ourself runners.

I guess the shirt needs a Beverly logo on it. Or people will be calling you Beverly during the run.

Once you've run a half marathon I think you can call yourself a runner.

The guy I did the half with wore a "running for Beverly" with the Beverly logo. I'll see if I can find a pic of him

Quote:

Nice... I wanted to tell you to find a running store where you can get correctly fitted for running shoes. They might cost a little more but you'll be happy you did. I wish I did that. Once my legs are cleared for running again, I'm heading to get fitted.

::
This is very good advice. ( see another sign you are a runner). Make sure the store checks to see if you pronate. They should be watching you run on a treadmill. I've had people check me when I walk and I get different results almost every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971
The willingness of so many to help where needed, offer support where needed and generally just have a sense of community is overwhelming and not found too often nowadays. :
Well said!

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 01-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #1328
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:

Nicely said
Congrats on the milestone.

Quote:
Good idea, I'm in!

But... is it even possible for a pair of nemesises to be on the same team?
It’s a big couch. We’ll put one of the other guys in charge of keeping you and me at either end of the thing.
Then we can just throw food and insults at each other over everyone else’s head.

Perfect plan…
the only folks that can get hurt are the other guys on the couch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I can take that as an acceptance of command then?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #1329
moose615
DIS Veteran

Well heck of a day fellow dads, I'm sitting at a tire place, got a flat on the company truck and was no where dry to change the tire so I'm all muddy, I'm going to blame Nate on this one, first time I hear from him in a week and I get a flat, closed case!

All this run talk makes me wanna start training for one, if I didn't have 2 trips already planned I would do the TOT this year, I'm going to shoot for the 2014 one
Old 01-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #1330
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:

Nice post... I always miss my milestone posts. I'm just gonna copy and paste yours for my 11,000th if you don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Once you've run a half marathon I think you can call yourself a runner.
Oh yea? Cool!

Quote:
The guy I did the half with wore a "running for Beverly" with the Beverly logo. I'll see if I can find a pic of him
That's great! Maybe we can have Team reuse resort mugs, Team make 5 ADRs for the same time, & Team pool hoppers.

Quote:
This is very good advice. ( see another sign you are a runner). Make sure the store checks to see if you pronate. They should be watching you run on a treadmill. I've had people check me when I walk and I get different results almost every time.
I just need to follow my own advice and go do this once I can walk normal again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Well heck of a day fellow dads, I'm sitting at a tire place, got a flat on the company truck and was no where dry to change the tire so I'm all muddy, I'm going to blame Nate on this one, first time I hear from him in a week and I get a flat, closed case!

All this run talk makes me wanna start training for one, if I didn't have 2 trips already planned I would do the TOT this year, I'm going to shoot for the 2014 one
That is a pain in the Beverly. Hope the rest of your day isn't as bad.

Last edited by that's nice; 01-16-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #1331
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is a pain in the Beverly. Hope the rest of your day isn't as bad.
Thanks, it should be, my mom called and said DD was feeling a lot better so that instantly made it better
Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #1332
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
I like him. Maybe I can catch him there one night when i go.

I see there is another shirt i need to add to my list.
Lou is a really great guy.

I got the Dr. D Shirt in Feb. of 2012 in the Emporium.

I did see a few in the Merchants of Venus Shop (The one that the Stitch attraction exits through...not to be confused with Mickey's Star Traders.)
Old 01-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #1333
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:

Old 01-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #1334
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Arrived safely in Miami a bit ago. The dogs retrieved from the vet and some of the unpacking done. I'll leave the rest for later because it is time to crash on the couch.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #1335
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the flat. All this talk about running makes me want to order a pizza and drink some beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Arrived safely in Miami a bit ago. The dogs retrieved from the vet and some of the unpacking done. I'll leave the rest for later because it is time to crash on the couch.
Glad you made it back home. Now, get that grass in the front yard ready. It has been cold up here.

Quote:
OK…
I propose a third team for those of us that ain’t gonn’a be runnin’ any kind of marathon.

Mark, you can be “captain” of this team…
Give it up for: Team Couch-Tater

Great idea. I qualify for this team.

Quote:
We would buy DVC and book our October vacations to Disney so fast it might take down their computers.

Quote:
Wait…
I got a better logo for Team CouchTater

With that kind of inspiration how can we possibly loose?
I like this one.

Quote:

On a serious note,

When did we get a serious note? Congrats on the milestone. Bravo.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: