Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #1126
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
My name is Brian...
Quote:
And I AM
Quote:
A Post Padder!
Is this a new club? I'm in.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #1127
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I didn't see you in the pictures. Are you sure these meets actually happened?
I'm pretty sure I met Tim and Barry at the race. If you don't believe me, check the results- Tim and I crossed the finish line at almost the exact same time. Then I accidentally bumped in to Tim twice after that. And there was an accidental m"hey, I know you!" meeting with Aaron in Epcot on Sunday. No photo of that one. But if Barry and/or Tim post photos, I may be in there.
DIS Dad #400
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #1128
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Evening Gents.

DS played his first middle school JV basketball game today. They played the school where DW teaches and pulled off a 50-44 overtime win. DS chipped in with 8 points and a fair bit of playing time as 1 od the 4 grade 6 players on the team. Great way to start the school season!
Congrats to DS!

My DS is in 7th grade and we still have youth teams, no middle schools teams for us. We are 4-3 so far. Up and down season as we have lost to 2 teams that we should have beaten. Oh, well. We'll have to beat them later in the year.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #1129
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Hey David. I see there already is a nemesis challenge 2. Did you find a race for us?
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
If your talking about a rundisney one, I don't see one you could do norm, the closest is either early may for the Everest. And If I remember right still school and basketball or the Tot at the end of sept but ur DDs of course are still in school
I think we have all experienced the discussions about Norm running. The only way that is going to happen is if the Yeti climbs out of the mountain and starts chasing him trying to steal his DoleWhip.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #1130
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
I'll put my money on her. How about a full matchup next year? Crash and Paul versus you
Considering Paul is already on team Tim, I think me and Paul vs Barry and crash is pretty even

BTW
Quote:
, When are you getting snipped?
soon, I guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Wow. Way too many pages for me to catch up on since I left.

Had a good time at WDW. Met a few dads. Ran a slow race but was still a 19-minute improvement over last year. No plans yet for next year.
Great meeting you too Chris. Thanks for sticking with me for the last 4 miles. It really helped me.

Make sure you check out the run Disney site... We are in each others finish picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I didn't see you in the pictures. Are you sure these meets actually happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I'm pretty sure I met Tim and Barry at the race. If you don't believe me, check the results- Tim and I crossed the finish line at almost the exact same time. Then I accidentally bumped in to Tim twice after that. And there was an accidental m"hey, I know you!" meeting with Aaron in Epcot on Sunday. No photo of that one. But if Barry and/or Tim post photos, I may be in there.
Barry has a lot of pics on his phone from that morning. I can't wait to see them!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #1131
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well since we r good in studios (given my non marital status) I have enough pts to do a week and then also a long weekend, but if ever that status changes I know I'll have to go to 1 br esp if she has a kid already, then it'll be prob just a week. But I have a feeling I'm going to fall in love with BLT in march and want pts there too haha
Wow, already planning your wedding and step kids. I like it. Now get out there and find her.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #1132
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
i guess you could say that....have you joined us on facebook yet?
I still need to get over there as well. I have a hard enough time keeping up here. Just started at the other site and just never seem to get there enough. face book her I come.

Can;t seem to find it on facebook. What am I looking for in the search or do we need an invite?

Old 01-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #1133
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
When are you going in August
We are planning mid to late month, right before kids go back to school. Planning to be there in August? I think Brent plans to be there around then as well.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #1134
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Wow, already planning your wedding and step kids. I like it. Now get out there and find her.
Haha, well not sold on the wedding part but I'll start with the GF and baggage (did I say that?)
Old 01-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #1135
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Vacation planner was posted today...marked off the two weeks for the WDW trip already....

Best part was something I was waiting to see if it would happen or not. My old idiot boss neglected to credit my vacation time for a week off I took in July, meaning I took a week off, and it was credited as normal hours, not my banked vaction time....I get a bonus 5 days...
Nice bonus! Hope to be able to meet up if our dates cross. I wish I could get 5 bonus days. I have so much time banked, I'm not sure anyone would notice. I get 5 weeks a year and am only supposed to carry over 4 weeks max. Every time I tell them I need to take time so I don't lose it, they say no and approve the carry over. I never take 5 weeks a year, just not possible. Have 7 weeks banked and get another 5 this year (2 days a month) added. Now if I can just find a time where I don't need to be in the office.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #1136
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Nice bonus! Hope to be able to meet up if our dates cross. I wish I could get 5 bonus days. I have so much time banked, I'm not sure anyone would notice. I get 5 weeks a year and am only supposed to carry over 4 weeks max. Every time I tell them I need to take time so I don't lose it, they say no and approve the carry over. I never take 5 weeks a year, just not possible. Have 7 weeks banked and get another 5 this year (2 days a month) added. Now if I can just find a time where I don't need to be in the office.
Work home or better yet WDW!!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #1137
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
That you did. Saved me a nice chunk of change.

BTW, When are you getting snipped?
Not cool! Just not cool!

Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #1138
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning fellow dads, hope all is well, got DD to daycare and I noticed something I'm sure many of you dads have experienced, I think she has pink eye, plus a runny nose and plus coughing. So brought her back home an now waiting till 8 to take her to the doc
Maybe it's just a virus and no pink eye. If it is, make sure wash your hands a lot! Hope she is better quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Would that involve you starting to work as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
I'd LOVE to go back for Halloween and the F&W, but we are not satisfied with the girls grades to warrent pulling them out. We'll settle for August.
We love Halloween as well, but agreed years ago when we started that we wouldn't pull them once DS hit 7th grade. Figure August is a decent time to go and they'll get to unload some stress before starting up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Accepted. January of 2015
Looks like a reason to plan annual January trips.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #1139
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you, at the doc now....... Waiting

That's a good idea, once DD is in school I'm sure ill have to factor that stuff in (oct trip is during fall break)
We don't get a fall break. I know a lot of Dads have talked about it. I can promise that if we had a week off in October every year, I would already own DVC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Morning guys.

Sounds amazing!

Someday, I'll figure out how to live life like CJ. It's my goal.
Someday we'll all learn how to live like CJ. Maybe he should start infomercials or seminars.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #1140
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Great meeting you too Chris. Thanks for sticking with me for the last 4 miles. It really helped me.

Make sure you check out the run Disney site... We are in each others finish picture.
i can't get the site to work. I put in my last name and it says no photos found. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be e-mailing them to me soon if they haven't already.
DIS Dad #400
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: