Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #751
moose615
DIS Veteran

Guys , wanna get y'all's opinion on something I long have thought, bring out the time machine , David Carr seemed to me to be a really good QB but had the worst luck in getting picked by Houston and a sorry OL, does anyone think he could of been really good on a diff team? How was he in college?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #752
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I think I'm all done for 2013 trips, In aug will try to book spring break 2014 for HHI for a week and hopefully if the DDCC14 is in June I can do a long weekend trip for it
We have the two Disney trips planned for 2013. DW takes another week off in August before school starts. We went to Panama City Beach a couple years ago and really did not like it there. Last year, we went to RFC (missed you), Indy with David and his family at Children's Museum, and then over to Cincinnati for a Reds game. I'm going to try to talk them into going back for another Reds game during that week. We'll probably get to Opry Mills mall sometime in February - I'll give you some more notice this time.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #753
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

We have the two Disney trips planned for 2013. DW takes another week off in August before school starts. We went to Panama City Beach a couple years ago and really did not like it there. Last year, we went to RFC (missed you), Indy with David and his family at Children's Museum, and then over to Cincinnati for a Reds game. I'm going to try to talk them into going back for another Reds game during that week. We'll probably get to Opry Mills mall sometime in February - I'll give you some more notice this time.
Haha, if I didn't put my car in the shop that morning we would of made it there, if you don't mind (not inviting myself haha) let me know about the reds game, I might be up for a trip for DDs first pro game, I haven't been to a MLB game since I was in my early teens (braves ) I would love to catch a game
Old 01-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #754
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615

Haha, if I didn't put my car in the shop that morning we would of made it there, if you don't mind (not inviting myself haha) let me know about the reds game, I might be up for a trip for DDs first pro game, I haven't been to a MLB game since I was in my early teens (braves ) I would love to catch a game
I'm always in the mood for a reds game...

Enjoying the opryland hotel. I've only been lost in here about 5 times. It wouldn't be as hard to navigate if you didn't have to guess which level you need to be on in their lobby areas. DS got over his fever so we came on down for the conference. Went back to the room during lunch and checked everybody's temps and now DD has a fever. Oh well, we're here now.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #755
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan

Enjoying the opryland hotel. I've only been lost in here about 5 times. It wouldn't be as hard to navigate if you didn't have to guess which level you need to be on in their lobby areas. DS got over his fever so we came on down for the conference. Went back to the room during lunch and checked everybody's temps and now DD has a fever. Oh well, we're here now.
I worked there and I always got lost, there signage isn't the greatest, Hate that DD and DS arn't well, I hope they feel better soon , Opryland Hotel can be fun, never actually stayed there (I guess that reason is obvious, even though I know locals who have) but we still go for the seasonal stuff
Old 01-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #756
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Guys , wanna get y'all's opinion on something I long have thought, bring out the time machine , David Carr seemed to me to be a really good QB but had the worst luck in getting picked by Houston and a sorry OL, does anyone think he could of been really good on a diff team? How was he in college?
I think he played for Fresno State. The word was that he was beat up to much as a rookie and that hurt his chances. But, Aikman was beat up a lot his rookie year, but went on to success because of no salary cap and all those draft picks. I think you can make that argument about most any QB - would Drew Brees won a Super Bowl in San Diego? Boston College QB Matt Ryan may win today's playoff game. Marino never won a Super Bowl. So, I think the QB still has to be good, but football still does require that team effort.

Quote:
Wouldn't mind that at all. It is about a 3.5 hour drive from my house to Cincinnati. We've considered a Cardinals game as another option. I need to check on the distance. The van seats 7, but only has AC in the front. We try to drive it early, late, or plan some extra time out of it during a day trip.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #757
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think he played for Fresno State. The word was that he was beat up to much as a rookie and that hurt his chances. But, Aikman was beat up a lot his rookie year, but went on to success because of no salary cap and all those draft picks. I think you can make that argument about most any QB - would Drew Brees won a Super Bowl in San Diego? Boston College QB Matt Ryan may win today's playoff game. Marino never won a Super Bowl. So, I think the QB still has to be good, but football still does require that team effort.

Wouldn't mind that at all. It is about a 3.5 hour drive from my house to Cincinnati. We've considered a Cardinals game as another option. I need to check on the distance. The van seats 7, but only has AC in the front. We try to drive it early, late, or plan some extra time out of it during a day trip.
Forgot about ole Troy getting beat up, well he does have a Super Bowl ring for warming the bench and getting Payton's little bro Gatorade

Depending on when, you can see both reds play cards I think the first week of aug, either one would work for us, DD have never been to Cincinnati and she was 6mo old when she was in St. Louis so she of course didn't experience much
Old 01-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #758
moose615
DIS Veteran

DD got a pariwinkle flyer thing for Christmas , we are having a blast flying it in the house on this lousy rainy day
Old 01-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #759
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post

Sorry to hear about the children being sick. Traveling with sick ones is not fun. I grew up watching all the NL central teams, but really wasn't a huge fan of any. We went to the Redbirds games in Louisville, and I can't remember if they were a Reds or Cardinals feeder team. As I got older, I tended to be more of a Reds fan. I was in HS when they won it with Larkin and Sabo.

Quote:
Forgot about ole Troy getting beat up, well he does have a Super Bowl ring for warming the bench and getting Payton's little bro Gatorade

Depending on when, you can see both reds play cards I think the first week of aug, either one would work for us, DD have never been to Cincinnati and she was 6mo old when she was in St. Louis so she of course didn't experience much
DW had state employee discount on Reds tickets last year for certain games, which was one of the reasons we went when we did.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #760
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Seahawks better get something out of this drive. Sack won't help.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #761
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:

DW had state employee discount on Reds tickets last year for certain games, which was one of the reasons we went when we did.
Discounts are always good

Rooting for Falcons of course but happy for Golden Tate on the TD , he's a Hendersonville, TN kid
Old 01-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #762
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

So unfortunately, I'm back on the Magic Express & headed home. A fantastic weekend guys, far exceeding my already high expectations! I look forward to connecting in person with you all again, & with more in the future.
Chris DisDad#403
Me DW DS(15) DS(14) DD(12)

As Kid: 1978 & 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel -
Dec 2008 GF/Poly - Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF -
June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT - Feb 2012 AKL -
Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Mar 2015 GF VC
Old 01-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #763
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Rooting for Falcons of course but happy for Golden Tate on the TD , he's a Hendersonville, TN kid
Didn't know that. Glad they got the TD to make it a game.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #764
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc
So unfortunately, I'm back on the Magic Express & headed home. A fantastic weekend guys, far exceeding my already high expectations! I look forward to connecting in person with you all again, & with more in the future.
Glad you had a great time, hopefully you'll see more of us next time around
Quote:

Didn't know that. Glad they got the TD to make it a game.
Same here, was looking really lopsided
Old 01-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #765
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Same here, was looking really lopsided
Still looks one-sided though. Falcons surprised me.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: