Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #3166
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 13,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
You control the universe, just not your own little corner of it.
Naw, it's all part of my plan... make these suckers suffer while I go away on my cruise.
__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #3167
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)
 
BigTex71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,462

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Morning Dad's...

Gonna be a chiller here today in Snow City!
Sorry to hear that. Although I would prefer to have cold weather in the winter. We have it sunny and 75 F here today. This plays havoc on my sinuses when the 30 and 40 F weather hits.
__________________
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011


me dw ds(14) dd(7)
BigTex71 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #3168
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 3,808

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
CJ, for you that would be a sacrifice compared to your "regular" life.
I'll pay the price. Of course during my research I would need a few weeks off to maybe dive in the Keys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Naw, it's all part of my plan... make these suckers suffer while I go away on my cruise.
Great plan.
cj9200 is online now  
Old 02-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #3169
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)
 
BigTex71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,462

What is the old saying about women changing their minds? Now we have a new set of dates to plan for our vacation.

I really wanted to go at the end of January, but DW conviced me DS would have a hard time in school if he missed a whole week. So now we are looking at Nov 26 - Dec 3, 2013. That puts us there the Tuesday before Thanksgiving for huge crowds. At least the crowds should diminish Sunday after Thanksgiving and give us a few days of low crowds before we leave.

We liked the idea of the kids (and us adults) getting to see the Christmas decorations and attend a MVMCP. The kids will only miss two days of school and we have heard back from some teachers at DS's school saying they don't plan anything heavy immediately after Thanksgiving break because many kids miss a few days before and/or after the break anyway. So we've got that going for us.

Now I will have to be ready at my 180+ day mark for ADR's because DW wants Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Wish me luck! Any other recommendations for Thanksgiving dinner?

We are looking at staying at Port Orleans Riverside in one of the new Royal Rooms. We have stayed in Oak Manor at POR before the renovations for the Royal Rooms (this is one of the two buildings renovated for the Royal Rooms) and we loved it. I am looking forward to getting back to POR. I think a night of 'Ye Haa' Bob Jackson during the super crowded days at the parks can help keep us sane.

I figure if we stick to rope drops on the busy days and leave around lunch time, we can avoid some of the craziness. Then we can do some commando-style touring during the slower days at the end of the trip to ensure we get to do all the attractions we wanted.

Anyone have experience at the parks during Thanksgiving week and the week following? Is it as bad as I think it may be?
__________________
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011


me dw ds(14) dd(7)
BigTex71 is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #3170
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....
 
trennr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Jonesborough, TN
Posts: 4,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
What is the old saying about women changing their minds? Now we have a new set of dates to plan for our vacation.

I really wanted to go at the end of January, but DW conviced me DS would have a hard time in school if he missed a whole week. So now we are looking at Nov 26 - Dec 3, 2013. That puts us there the Tuesday before Thanksgiving for huge crowds. At least the crowds should diminish Sunday after Thanksgiving and give us a few days of low crowds before we leave.

We liked the idea of the kids (and us adults) getting to see the Christmas decorations and attend a MVMCP. The kids will only miss two days of school and we have heard back from some teachers at DS's school saying they don't plan anything heavy immediately after Thanksgiving break because many kids miss a few days before and/or after the break anyway. So we've got that going for us.

Now I will have to be ready at my 180+ day mark for ADR's because DW wants Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Wish me luck! Any other recommendations for Thanksgiving dinner?

We are looking at staying at Port Orleans Riverside in one of the new Royal Rooms. We have stayed in Oak Manor at POR before the renovations for the Royal Rooms (this is one of the two buildings renovated for the Royal Rooms) and we loved it. I am looking forward to getting back to POR. I think a night of 'Ye Haa' Bob Jackson during the super crowded days at the parks can help keep us sane.

I figure if we stick to rope drops on the busy days and leave around lunch time, we can avoid some of the craziness. Then we can do some commando-style touring during the slower days at the end of the trip to ensure we get to do all the attractions we wanted.

Anyone have experience at the parks during Thanksgiving week and the week following? Is it as bad as I think it may be?
If LTT doesn't pan out... the food at the Garden Grill is pretty Thanksgiving-ish.
__________________
trennr is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #3171
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 3,808

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
Anyone have experience at the parks during Thanksgiving week and the week following? Is it as bad as I think it may be?
Did that a few years ago. Really crazy before Thanksgiving and that weekend but Thanksgiving morning was slow. Tapered down after the weekend. We did the rope drop strategy and it worked well for us. For turkey day dinner we went to Whispering Canyon. Good meal but expensive. The hotel atmosphere was a perfect setting for dinner. Liberty Tree would be cool to do.
cj9200 is online now  
Old 02-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #3172
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality
 
Twin Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,367

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
A Dis dads restaurant!! I love it, we can split the shifts and that gives us time at the parks!! Any other dads wanna join.
Time for CJ to start looking for a location.
I've got some good BBQ recipes.
__________________
Me (Corey) DW DS (5) DD (5)
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Twin Dad is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #3173
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
Good Luck and continued success with the businessessessess.



Thank you.



you'd think that, right? but this money has to go toward the things we neglect in order to take our current trips.



maybe they just didn't see all the jockeys. They are kinda short and easy to overlook.



Thanks. one of those jobs where I never see my boss and hardly speak to him. So this came out of left field.



hi Dave



wait a sec. There's only 365 days in a year (366 in a leap year), and you take like 4 trips to WDW each year... so shouldn't you always be doing the double digit dance??



I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I had to call the phone system to make ADRs, and even that told me I couldn't, so I had to swear a bit to get transferred to a live person. Then it was all good.



thanks!
its only twice a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
It was also reported that there were enough doses of hydrocodone distributed in eastern KY last year to provide 51 doses for everyone and over 430,000 marijuana plants were confiscated last year.



No Zerphonics



Never mind.



Nobody produces illegal bourbon. Bourbon has to be aged for 2 years in new oak barrels and nobody that produces their own liquor will go to that trouble.



Keep at it.
ok, so i forgot the other e.
dvczerfs is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #3174
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,644

they are calling for three to six inches of snow around here from friday morning till sat. morning. you would think the world is coming to an end. i love driving in the snow, safest time to be on the roads, all the retirees stay home.
dvczerfs is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #3175
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Although I would prefer to have cold weather in the winter. We have it sunny and 75 F here today. This plays havoc on my sinuses when the 30 and 40 F weather hits.
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
Now I will have to be ready at my 180+ day mark for ADR's because DW wants Thanksgiving dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Wish me luck! Any other recommendations for Thanksgiving dinner? ?
I didn't like LTT's dinner. The lunch has an a la carte menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Family accuses Disneyland rabbit of racism. Has anyone felt discriminated against while at Disney?
Yes. I stayed at BLT & didn't get a free night in the castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Will be glad to do it. We need investors first so they can pay research costs involved with the project. May take a year or so staying at WDW but I would be willing to sacrifice.
I can give them your credit card # to get going.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #3176
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Glad you got relatively good news on the car. Makes it a little less painful.

My last pension plan was working for Cornell in the early '90s but I got laid off before it vested. Cashed it in and swore I would never work for a state retirement system again so I have always gone for the alternative retirement plans. That hasn't worked out particularly well, but I figure if I'm not doing well at retirement I would rather it be my fault than someone else. .
Thanks. I am in the KTRS & DW is in KRS. If the state pension system goes under, we will definitely be living on CJ's front yard, minus the camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Hey Norm, I need CJ's cc numbers so I can book some quick flights to Miami. We'll just stay at his house. I'm sure he in the "Keys" again anyway.
I'll put it on FB. Safer that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
In time, we'll get to better resorts, but we go with what we can afford. I don't really want it that way, but somewhere down the line, we will likely inherit DW's parents DVC contract they got a couple of years ago, then we'll really get places.
We were fine there as well. WDW knew what they were doing when they upgraded us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Kentuckians have their priorities straight. And many of us are glad for it. At least not terrible news. Think of the car you could buy for $450..
I'd rather have $450 worth of bourbon. Basil Hayden brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
A Dis dads restaurant!! I love it, we can split the shifts and that gives us time at the parks!! Any other dads wanna join.
Time for CJ to start looking for a location.
I forget. What cuisine is your restaurant?
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #3177
brewcrew80
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex71 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Although I would prefer to have cold weather in the winter. We have it sunny and 75 F here today. This plays havoc on my sinuses when the 30 and 40 F weather hits.
Right now, some disgusting mixture of rain and snow is working hard to assure that I never see the inside of my car again. 40 minutes left of my work day, but the process of scraping my car and driving through this mess is making me feel that there is waaaaaay too much standing between me and my couch.
__________________
brewcrew80 is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #3178
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly
 
RodBelding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 6,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
lUCKY!!!! WISH WE WOULD THAT THAT KIND OF SNOW
You can have it! I'm moving in with CJ, for real this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Stay safe Paul!
Thx, we'll try! SHould be ok, just a pita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post

Be safe Paul - hope these storms fizzle out quick!
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Yup. Already planning to be in the office for a few hours tomorrow and head home before everyone else clogs up the highways. Stay safe and have some fun outside with the little ones. They are saying mid to high 40's by next week again so it may not last that long.
Our office closed for the day tomorrow. Lucky for me, since I'm only 4 miles away and don't have an escuse not to go in otherwise!

Be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
The kids can build a snow fort with a basement.
It better have an entertainment room with a bar too if they expect me to come out there and join them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Just saw this story on Yahoo news..

Family accuses Disneyland rabbit of racism

http://news.yahoo.com/video/black-fa...021900178.html

Has anyone felt discriminated against while at Disney?
I felt discriminated against at the DDCC by Randall. He treated those stupid penguins much better than he treated me.
__________________
_______________________________________________
Me (Paul) DW DD DS
RodBelding is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #3179
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 13,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
i love driving in the snow, safest time to be on the roads, all the retirees stay home.
Not here... Here every thinks they are your cousin Mario... I hate driving in it.
__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #3180
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts
 
DisneyDaddy-O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North of Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,438

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs
they are calling for three to six inches of snow around here from friday morning till sat. morning. you would think the world is coming to an end. i love driving in the snow, safest time to be on the roads, all the retirees stay home.
Pretty hilarious with all the people running around at the grocery store buying milk and bread.
__________________
Me DW DS15 DS12

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
DisneyDaddy-O is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.