Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #3001
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Tuesday Morning and Afternoon Ownage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Best case senario is POR, if not we fall back to safe, reliable POP $$ has everything to do with it. Gotta pay for some day camps likely throughout the summer too, and snag a weekend up at that cottage again.
I hear ya! That's what we are working out now. Between sports, camps and dental work I'm surprised I'm not working 2 or even 3 jobs. The hope is that once we get to June all of the payments for everything will be done and we get a little jump in spending money. Would love to stay on the monorail. If not PO it is.

Already have my 180 day highlighted on the calendar for ADR so we can shoot for BOG.

Last edited by mm1971; 02-05-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #3002
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

That's because we are married and trying to remember those days.
I know that why, I wish I didn't have to go on the dating scene anymore, I enjoyed the family life when it was decent/great, but when it was bad it was REALLY bad, I know that's not typical and that's why I am hoping to find that lucky lady who will love DD and myself.
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #3003
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Still haven't heard. They aren't the fastest, but good work and prices, so I can wait. I got to drive the tumbler into work. I thought the shooting it comment was great.

We don't do DP anymore. Just a hassle. Have you thought about TiW
Not a DVP or pass holder. Don't you need to be one of those to get the TiW card?

Old 02-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #3004
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Not a DVP or pass holder. Don't you need to be one of those to get the TiW card?
Yes, if I remember right it's just DVC members
Old 02-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #3005
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
DVC, passholder, & Florida resident
Old 02-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #3006
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreas154 View Post
Go see movie you will?

Yoda Strikes Back
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
I think Yoda is a great protagonist for the first standalone Star Wars movie. I'm especially intrigued because general consensus is that my buddy Tom Kane (who does the voice for Yoda in Clone Wars) does a better Yoda these days than Frank Oz. Basically, doing Yoda for the Star Tours update was about as much as Frank could handle anymore. Which would at least suggest that Tom could have his biggest role yet coming up soon!
Have to think about this I will. I am still amazed they are not just touching up the Heir to the Empire Trilogy and using that for the next trilogy.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Old 02-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #3007
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
I think Yoda is a great protagonist for the first standalone Star Wars movie. I'm especially intrigued because general consensus is that my buddy Tom Kane (who does the voice for Yoda in Clone Wars) does a better Yoda these days than Frank Oz. Basically, doing Yoda for the Star Tours update was about as much as Frank could handle anymore. Which would at least suggest that Tom could have his biggest role yet coming up soon!
I would love to see a storyline form when Yoda was younger and training the likes of Qui Gon and Mace Windu. I think the possibilities are many when comes to what avenues of Star Wars can be explored

DisDad Member #188

We're adopting!! Updated - 4/12/14! Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #3008
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Have to think about this I will. I am still amazed they are not just touching up the Heir to the Empire Trilogy and using that for the next trilogy.
They're talking about two different things, running sort of in parallel (a bit like the Marvel Universe films, with standalone character films and, separately, a series of Avengers films). With Star Wars, there will be a new trilogy - which may or may not be based on Heir to the Empire - and standalone films centered on various characters. Among the suggestions have been Yoda, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Qui Gon, Mace Windu, Darth Maul, etc. The goal, as I understand it, is at least one standalone film for each trilogy film.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #3009
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
They're talking about two different things, running sort of in parallel (a bit like the Marvel Universe films, with standalone character films and, separately, a series of Avengers films). With Star Wars, there will be a new trilogy - which may or may not be based on Heir to the Empire - and standalone films centered on various characters. Among the suggestions have been Yoda, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Qui Gon, Mace Windu, Darth Maul, etc. The goal, as I understand it, is at least one standalone film for each trilogy film.
I'm not too sure how I feel about that. I'll withhold judgement, I guess, until I see, but I just don't feel like a standalone film in the Star Wars universe is what I've really been looking for. I'm eager and excited for the next trilogy to come along, but I just don't know about the spin-offs featuring certain characters from the Star Wars universe. It just seems like it would cheapen what the original trilogy was, in a way.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #3010
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I know that why, I wish I didn't have to go on the dating scene anymore, I enjoyed the family life when it was decent/great, but when it was bad it was REALLY bad, I know that's not typical and that's why I am hoping to find that lucky lady who will love DD and myself.
Well, you don't have to go on the dating scene either. But, this is a family board so you'll just have to figure out the rest. Honestly, I have no idea what I would do if DW and I were not married. I could say, be happy, but she might stop by to read the post; in which case, I would blame my nemesis for hijacking my account and typing that in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
I thought you were DVC. My bad.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 02-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #3011
theduck619
DDC 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Well, you don't have to go on the dating scene either. But, this is a family board so you'll just have to figure out the rest. Honestly, I have no idea what I would do if DW and I were not married. I could say, be happy, but she might stop by to read the post; in which case, I would blame my nemesis for hijacking my account and typing that in.
That's all you, I got nothin to do with it. I'm a happily married man. My wife is a saint

DisDad Member #188

Old 02-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #3012
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
That's all you, I got nothin to do with it. I'm a happily married man. My wife is a saint
Obviously - she puts up with you!
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #3013
theduck619
DDC 188

Quote:
Obviously - she puts up with you!

DisDad Member #188

Old 02-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #3014
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz

I know the two are separate. I like the idea of spin offs but not Yoda. Let him be mysterious. As you mentioned we have tons of other characters to use for stand alone movies. If you really want to expand those possibilities you can delve into the Expanded Universe and use Mara Jade, Darth Bane, Darth Plagus, Jacen and Jaina Solo, Wedge Antillies, Grand Admiral Thrawn, or others. That's just off the top of my head.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress

Last edited by Twin Dad; 02-05-2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: I hate my phone
Old 02-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #3015
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Haha, I know I don't have to date again, but I also miss female conversations that don't start with "please turn on powerpuff girls" and besides my reasons for finding that someone I would like to spend my life with, DD is craving attention from another woman that isn't called grandma, I hoped she would get it from her aunt but for some reason they don't "click", my guess is as a child DD is free spirited and her aunt is more structure and discipline

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: