Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #2971
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Norm- sorry to hear about the car. If you had pixie dust you could have flown
Old 02-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #2972
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Bleh...working nights this week, came home early tonight, DW re-injured her shoulder/arm/chest area bad catching Audrey falling off the bed. Kid is fine, but DW aggrivated a previous injury and could barely use her arm. I came home to help her out. Got her in bed, now chilling out, watching RAW.Add this to her list of issues to see her doc about Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Hey Guys. Anyone planning to be in WDW late August? Just booked flights for 8/21-8/28. Still haven't decided where we are staying or any other plans, but I'll at least be in Orlando. Let me know and maybe we can plan to meet for a quick hello.

Got all 4 flights using SW points so $.00 for travel. Now to start planning. Where did I put those Disney Visa points?
Me! I'll be there, hopefully....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
My quiet Monday ended. I drove to pick up dd from dance, which is a few miles away from the house. Half way there, the engine started knocking, more a rattling sound. I chanced and said decided to pick up dd and try to make it home. Half way home, the check engine light came on, wouldn't accelerate, and as I turned onto my street in the subdivision, started smoking and died. So, dd got to drive while I pushed it a block down the road and parked it in front of the house.
Yikes, hopefully it'll be saved, and that you didn't bugger anything up pushing the car

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 04:49 AM   #2973
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Morning guys!

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 8/22/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #2974
moose615
DIS Veteran

Good morning fellow dads, hope all is well, I have been active in getting back in the dating game and focusing on my daughter, shes been upset more lately so I haven't been on much lately. Hope I didn't miss much, sorry Norm about the car, hope it's nothing to serious.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #2975
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
Norm- sorry to hear about the car. If you had pixie dust you could have flown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post

Yikes, hopefully it'll be saved, and that you didn't bugger anything up pushing the car
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Good morning fellow dads, hope all is well, I have been active in getting back in the dating game and focusing on my daughter, shes been upset more lately so I haven't been on much lately. Hope I didn't miss much, sorry Norm about the car, hope it's nothing to serious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Did you shoot it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
You are a good man Duck. I need to get over to the blog and read the latest post.

That sucks Norm. Hopefully it isn't terminal.
Quote:
That bites. Is is worth fixing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Evening guys.

Stinks about the car Norm. At least you were close to home though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Sorry about the car, Norm. At least it was a learning opportunity for your DD to get a little bit of seat time behind the wheel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Sucks Norm. Hope it isn't too severe.

Sorry Norm. That was too good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Sorry about the car Norm. Hopefully it doesn't cost you too much to get it fixed.
Thanks guys. I feel like shooting it. Tax value is $2700. NADA has trade in values from $1300 to $2500 and retail (dealership) was $4K. So, depending on what's wrong and how much it costs ... I hope to have it fixed.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion

Last edited by AirGoofy; 02-05-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #2976
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Morning Guys,

Luckily we have moved back in to the deep freeze.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 02-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #2977
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
My quiet Monday ended. I drove to pick up dd from dance, which is a few miles away from the house. Half way there, the engine started knocking, more a rattling sound. I chanced and said decided to pick up dd and try to make it home. Half way home, the check engine light came on, wouldn't accelerate, and as I turned onto my street in the subdivision, started smoking and died. So, dd got to drive while I pushed it a block down the road and parked it in front of the house.
But think about all the exercise you got pushing the car! Hopefully it's a cheap repair.

Quote:
Found a great rate to fly to NJ to see the Pirate Princess so I will be flying up there in a couple of weeks. Might be able to catch a game live.
"A couple of weeks?" CJ - you know that's still winter in Jersey, right? It's going to be cold. Like really cold. Please make sure you post pictures of you making a snow angel!

Quote:
This weekend we had a couple of the nieces over. The girls drafted DS to play hide and seek with them. They made him be the seeker. Instead of counting he curled up in the chair and "read" one of his long Star Wars books. Needless to say, they didn't ask him to seek them out any more.
The Force is strong with this one.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #2978
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Morning guys.

Quote:
Morning Guys,

Luckily we have moved back in to the deep freeze.
Cold here too. Ready for spring...
Old 02-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #2979
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Between this and canceling your spring trip, it hasn't been the best few days. I hope things turn around for you.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #2980
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Between this and canceling your spring trip, it hasn't been the best few days. I hope things turn around for you.
Yeah, not the best few days, but at least we made the decision to cancel. It really would have strained the budget. My fear is this is a valve or cylinder problem. Still, I'm hoping for the best.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 02-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #2981
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Morning guys,

Today is National Pancake Day. Not a big fan of pancakes but those that are, enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
"A couple of weeks?" CJ - you know that's still winter in Jersey, right? It's going to be cold. Like really cold. Please make sure you post pictures of you making a snow angel!
I worked out that way. Plus SH will play Syracuse and Marquette (I think) while I am there so also part of the timing. Not worried about the cold as much as snow. It has been a few years since I drove on that stuff. May buy the rental insurance which I never do. I have cold weather gear and besides, after a few days, I will be back in sunny South Florida.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #2982
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
Sorry about the car, but good wheel time for DD. Best to learn at about 2 miles an hour.

Quote:
This weekend we had a couple of the nieces over. The girls drafted DS to play hide and seek with them. They made him be the seeker. Instead of counting he curled up in the chair and "read" one of his long Star Wars books. Needless to say, they didn't ask him to seek them out any more.
Smart boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Bleh...working nights this week, came home early tonight, DW re-injured her shoulder/arm/chest area bad catching Audrey falling off the bed. Kid is fine, but DW aggrivated a previous injury and could barely use her arm. I came home to help her out. Got her in bed, now chilling out, watching RAW.Add this to her list of issues to see her doc about Thursday.
Prayers for your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
As much as we like to live vicariously through your dating, family comes first.

Quote:
Thanks guys. I feel like shooting it. Tax value is $2700. NADA has trade in values from $1300 to $2500 and retail (dealership) was $4K. So, depending on what's wrong and how much it costs ... I hope to have it fixed.
Hope it works out Norm.

Quote:
Morning guys,

Today is National Pancake Day. Not a big fan of pancakes but those that are, enjoy.
Pancakes anytime!!!
Quote:
I worked out that way. Plus SH will play Syracuse and Marquette (I think) while I am there so also part of the timing. Not worried about the cold as much as snow. It has been a few years since I drove on that stuff. May buy the rental insurance which I never do. I have cold weather gear and besides, after a few days, I will be back in sunny South Florida.

SU You will get to see some real basketball!
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #2983
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:

You do realize that it will be very cold diving up there in February.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 02-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #2984
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
well isnt it really in NJ?
Not sure that makes it better.

I guess technically, but they are New York teams. I know it is a new stadium and part of the deal with the NFL, but really, who chooses to play in NY in February?? It will be interesting to see who goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Evening guys! Looking at some profiles of waiting children. I wish I could bring them all home! It is shocking at times to see all the big medical words. Some are severe and then others are just minor things. I'm not trying to depress anyone, it has actually reminded me how grateful I should be for what I have.
We thank god every day for what we have (good and bad)! Good luck with the profiles. It's a wonderful thing you are doing to bring a child into your family. I remember looking through when my old assistant (left employment after the adoption to be home with her new baby) was adopting. It's very emotional task.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #2985
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200
Morning guys,

You just had to get that little dig in there didn't you?
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: