Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #2596
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious

I sent the links to the drawings in a nice tactful way. She responded by saying she's not sure the Rep. will have time to click through the drawings, so maybe she could stop by and get a set of plans from me?

Maybe I need an informal poll of you guys to see how long it takes on average for you guys to click web links. Seriously? He doesn't have time?
Really??

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #2597
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Maybe I need an informal poll of you guys to see how long it takes on average for you guys to click web links. Seriously? He doesn't have time?
Maybe you should post the link here and we can do a study on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Yes, I agree you should do it and feel free to cc all of us to keep us entertained. Better yet, ask for $10K to book a helicopter and professional photographer so you can take pictures.
Brilliant!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #2598
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
I learned something new too...

Did you know that Sleep aid's like Nytol, Sleep-Eze, and Unisom are all the same active ingredient?

It's called diphenhydramine hydrochloride

That is ALSO the identical active ingredient as Benadryl!

They are the exact SAME medicine.

Benadryl is generally a 25 mg dosage, and the Sleep Aids are generally 50 mg.
I have started taking a double dose of childrens liquid benadryl a while back......plus a lunesta
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 01-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #2599
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
I have started taking a double dose of childrens liquid benadryl a while back......plus a lunesta
Only thing your missing is a cocktail.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #2600
GoHerd1028
DDC 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
It is a tough to coach when the game is like that and according to DW, the other coach was being a tool. Hey, don't schedule games that you know will be out of your league!

I have only been a bit freaked out once when flying. We were landing and it was very windy. I can still remember watching out the window and seeing that the wings weren't level and my side was pointing toward the ground. The pilot leveled out just before landing.
On the now infamous flight (inour house at least) from London to Toronto...I got worried when the pilot came on and said we were diverting to Iceland for problems of unkown origin...the flight attendants started freaking out running up and down the isle in a panic...Shari had a dream before we left that we crashed in the ocean and I told her she was crazy. Eventhough some of her dreams have panned out in the past. I looked at her and told her that we were going to be ok and she snapped back that no we were not I kept thinking wht it was going to feel like to die and figured id find out any minute now. Shari sat praying for them to get the plane fixed. I had already given up and was praying for it to be just quick and painless After about 45 minutes of total mayhem on the plane the pilot got things under control and we went on to Toronto. The flight attendants broke out the alcohol at about 9am and was giving everyone freebies..as much as the wanted compliments of Air Canada I looked at the lady and told her thanks but no thanks and that we had 7 hours left on the flight and that I was not wanting to bust the pearly gates open at 700 miles an hour with alcohol on my breath!
DisDads Club Member #172
Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #2601
GoHerd1028
DDC 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Storms are starting to roll in here. Steve, I hope you are ok. It is gonna be a windy night - 70 MPH wind gusts now and at 3 AM with possible tornadoes. Gotta love that KY weather.

I didn't know that either. Thanks for the info.

We had some high winds earlier this morning but it ws actually not as bad as I ws thinking it would be...now it is just steady rain...at lest it is not steady snow!!
DisDads Club Member #172
Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #2602
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Yes, I agree you should do it and feel free to cc all of us to keep us entertained. Better yet, ask for $10K to book a helicopter and professional photographer so you can take pictures.
We actually have a photographer who occasionally flies in a helicopter and does aerial shots. But I'll ask for the $10K anyway, just for making a ludicrous request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
That's fine. Have him stop by and bring him to his website. Then copy and paste the drawing into a doc and print it for him.

Let me check.....

About .003 sec
Keep in mind, this is a politician. We might want to allow for slightly slower reaction times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Maybe you should post the link here and we can do a study on that.
I'm going to post a different link instead. One that better reflects my thoughts on how to handle our PR section. Please post your reaction times on clicking the link.

Click here!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #2603
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Steve. Are you still fighting that infection? Hope it is getting better. Mine cleared out after they gave me that 3rd prescription. Doctor said it was the strongest antibiotic he had and it would treat just about any infection.

Lunesta sounds good. Send some over.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #2604
GoHerd1028
DDC 172

Quote:
Hey Steve. Are you still fighting that infection? Hope it is getting better. Mine cleared out after they gave me that 3rd prescription. Doctor said it was the strongest antibiotic he had and it would treat just about any infection.

Lunesta sounds good. Send some over.
Yep after 3 antibiotics I think it finally took care of it!!! Thank goodness

I swithced from Ambian several years ago to Lunesta because Ambien made me do things and not recall them. Shari has a video of me baking a chocolate cake in the middle of the night and eating the whole thing myself with no memory of it the next morning. I would get up and eat hotdogs then wonder why i was so thirsty the next day...I do recall just as the ambien would start to work that I would see things come out of the TV at me...I got into a fight with a topiary that Shari had made one day because I thought it was someone crouched down in the bedroom. I would duck to get away from angels swooping down to get me Ambien does some crazy stuff to you...I took it on call one night and went to wrk did a patient and back home and in the bed with no memory of doing anything when I went to work the next morning.
DisDads Club Member #172
Old 01-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #2605
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
I'm going to post a different link instead. One that better reflects my thoughts on how to handle our PR section. Please post your reaction times on clicking the link.

Click here!
Is this the new opening sequence to Illuminations? I was expecting a mushroom cloud towards the end.
DIS Dad #400

Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #2606
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

It's been a LONG time since I had a chance to play with the toys in the garage (almost a year), but after 15mins of work the 72 Mustang Mach1 is purring like a kitten in the garage right now, maybe I'll try one of the other cars in a bit
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #2607
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
I swithced from Ambian several years ago to Lunesta because Ambien made me do things and not recall them. Shari has a video of me baking a chocolate cake in the middle of the night and eating the whole thing myself with no memory of it the next morning. I would get up and eat hotdogs then wonder why i was so thirsty the next day...I do recall just as the ambien would start to work that I would see things come out of the TV at me...I got into a fight with a topiary that Shari had made one day because I thought it was someone crouched down in the bedroom. I would duck to get away from angels swooping down to get me Ambien does some crazy stuff to you...I took it on call one night and went to wrk did a patient and back home and in the bed with no memory of doing anything when I went to work the next morning.
My goodness! I think I speak for all of us when I see we need to see the video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Is this the new opening sequence to Illuminations? I was expecting a mushroom cloud towards the end.
I'd be ok if they replaced the spinning globe with this.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #2608
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
I'd be ok if they replaced the spinning globe with this.

So what time are you getting a visit?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #2609
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
It's been a LONG time since I had a chance to play with the toys in the garage (almost a year), but after 15mins of work the 72 Mustang Mach1 is purring like a kitten in the garage right now, maybe I'll try one of the other cars in a bit
Stop what you're doing, go back and make sure the garage door is open. That is how accidents happen.
DIS Dad #400

Old 01-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #2610
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

So what time are you getting a visit?
... and can you stream it?

Closed Thread

Tags