Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #2521
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Saw the note about the family who lost a child in an accident.
Unimaginable tragedy… Prayers are offered, and will continue to be.

Now then, what I actually dropped to express if the universal fact that:

Work $@(%$

Especially when year end reporting has to be dealt with.

So what’ch y’all up to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Ugh. Just one of those days at work. So I decided to finish up the magnets for our stateroom door. Feast yer eyes...

Only 36 more days...
Envy… envy… envy…

Nice work on the Mags Barry. Creative set there. Are they completely original or were you able to find some good blanks and partials to start off with? And… I’d love to have some full size copies of those to put into my working image files in you don’t mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Amelia is doing homework, but kinda looking around, so I ask what she is looking for..."I need a new pencil, this one is the s-word"
“Short”?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
An update...it was revealed tonight that the "s" in "s-word" is stupid, not what I thought.
Ohhhhhhhh…

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Although, I think some of the congresses in the beginning did some good stuff, and others over the years as well. Once congress passed the income tax law and had their greedy hands on that free money, that's when it started going downhill.
Some do… most don’t…

That income tax thing however, that was an amendment. 36 or 48 states agreed to that one between 1909 and 1913. The largest group that really backed the concept were the religious conservatives (surprising ehhh…). Since the 1780’s the vast bulk of the taxes taken in to run the federal government were against alcohol. The temperance folks saw the shift as a first step to completely outlawing liquor (as doing so prior to that point would have bankrupted the entire country).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I go wherever the jokes take me.
As you should.

That ought to be part of your tag and possibly a Man Law as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Haha no, she is not a product of the 90s, it was a fedora , sorry no pic, I assume most know what they look like
Don’t do it.
The teenagers are already getting over that sad fad.
Down here anyway, wearing a fedora will get you declared lame very quickly.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #2522
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwest

Yes, but we don't know what YOU look like in said fedora so we are just going to have to use our imaginations....
Haha that's exactly what I look like in it, and no wonder why it was discounted so much
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #2523
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Down here anyway, wearing a fedora will get you declared lame very quickly.
We're all dads. At some point, we'll all be declared lame anyway, with or without fedoras.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #2524
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Hey cruising Dads!

I see Barry (and I think some others) are going to cruise shortly. How much was it? Forgive me if that's a line of questioning better left for PMs. I'm looking at 4-nights in May 2014 on the Dream. We'll get the Oceanview with Verandah. Family of 5 and it will be around $3200. I'm about to pull the trigger, but don't know if that's a lot for a DCL cruise or not.
DIS Dad #400
Old 01-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #2525
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious

We're all dads. At some point, we'll all be declared lame anyway, with or without fedoras.
With them we are just more fabulous lame, lol

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 12/9/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #2526
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
That income tax thing however, that was an amendment. 36 or 48 states agreed to that one between 1909 and 1913. The largest group that really backed the concept were the religious conservatives (surprising ehhh…). Since the 1780’s the vast bulk of the taxes taken in to run the federal government were against alcohol. The temperance folks saw the shift as a first step to completely outlawing liquor (as doing so prior to that point would have bankrupted the entire country).
I forgot about the amendment. States able to get their free money too.

Quote:
Hey cruising Dads!

I see Barry (and I think some others) are going to cruise shortly. How much was it? Forgive me if that's a line of questioning better left for PMs. I'm looking at 4-nights in May 2014 on the Dream. We'll get the Oceanview with Verandah. Family of 5 and it will be around $3200. I'm about to pull the trigger, but don't know if that's a lot for a DCL cruise or not.
I think mine was a little less, but around the same price, but i added the travel insurance I think the price goes up the closer you get to sailing date and as the ship fills. Carnival runs some last minute special discounts, to try and fill up their boats, but Disney stays full from what I am told. It also depends on what month you travel as to the price. I still can't believe I'm dropping that much on the cruise, but I told DW it's one and done for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
It was funny because I wasn't aware that my 5 year old knew what style was, and of course neither do I , but I'm just going to assume she still knows more than me, the hat did look good, didn't end up using it in the picture and boy did DD let me have it about that haha
Our children know way more than they let on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
As much as DD is into sports and loves doing things with dad, she has always been somewhat girly. Have you seen the prices of the American Girl stuff. We have 3 or 4 of them and the dolls are only the beginning. DD has Mickey/Minnie PJ's that match one of the dolls. Let's see we have ice skates, bunk beds, several outfits and who knows what else. At least I get to put in on the Disney Visa and use the points for a trip.
DW tried to talk me into stopping in Atlanta to go to American Girl Store one year to WDW. I didn't cave. I guess I'm paying for it with the cruise now. D'oh!
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 01-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #2527
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Quote:
Hey cruising Dads!

That's not bad for DCL. They are generally higher the nearly every other line, but for most of us around here, we feel that they’re worth the extra. Basically for 5 folks, that’s about 650 per person for a four night vacation with all food and most entertainment included, that’s not too bad (and you can save by bringing you own alcohol as DCL is the only line that allows that).
Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #2528
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Granted (and a universal fact as well).
What I’m on about is that the teens here are actually declaring other teens lame for such offences. Harsh…

But then again, it is our solemn duty to embarrass the living daylights out of our kids wherever possible, so now I say that Philip probably ought to get himself a “Jonahs Brother” hat.

Better him then me.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #2529
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Hello Dolls, Goodbye Paycheck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
As much as DD is into sports and loves doing things with dad, she has always been somewhat girly. Have you seen the prices of the American Girl stuff. We have 3 or 4 of them and the dolls are only the beginning. DD has Mickey/Minnie PJ's that match one of the dolls. Let's see we have ice skates, bunk beds, several outfits and who knows what else. At least I get to put in on the Disney Visa and use the points for a trip.
I still have bite marks in my backside from my wallet biting me this weekend. She was having a blast at her cousin's birthday party with the dolls and accessories. The cousin got a bunch of American Girl stuff. I'm no longer looking forward to our next trip to the Mall of America. Disney Store, Lego Land, and American girl store on top of each other.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 01-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #2530
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Evening guys.

Quote:
That's not bad for DCL. They are generally higher the nearly every other line, but for most of us around here, we feel that they’re worth the extra. Basically for 5 folks, that’s about 650 per person for a four night vacation with all food and most entertainment included, that’s not too bad (and you can save by bringing you own alcohol as DCL is the only line that allows that).
I'm still trying to convince DW to do a land/sea vacation in 2014. Neither of us have ever been on a cruise, and even with the extra cost, think we'd prefer to go Disney.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #2531
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Evening guys,

Just checkin' in from my hotel room. Having a beer and waiting for the hockey game to come on. Talk to DW and DS about his jv basketball game today. They played a small rural school and it was an ugly game. They must have played amazing defense as tehy held the other school to 2 points. That just isn't fun for anyone.

On another note, I had my first aborted landing today coming into Toronto. With lots of low cloud and fog, a plane that kept accelerating and decelerating, the pilot or the ATC must hae decided something wasn't working out right. Just as we were breaking through the clouds I noticed we were almost down and suddenly the nose came up, power come back up and we were climbing out. They neer did say why but it was interesting.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 01-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #2532
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Hey cruising Dads!

I think for our upcoming 4 nighter on the Dream we paid about $2600 for a deluxe oceanview stateroom with Veranda. That is for 3 people and includes all fees, gratuities and insurance. It is more than we have paid for longer cruises with Carnival but we hae always wanted to try DCL.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #2533
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Evening guys,

Just checkin' in from my hotel room. Having a beer and waiting for the hockey game to come on. Talk to DW and DS about his jv basketball game today. They played a small rural school and it was an ugly game. They must have played amazing defense as tehy held the other school to 2 points. That just isn't fun for anyone.

On another note, I had my first aborted landing today coming into Toronto. With lots of low cloud and fog, a plane that kept accelerating and decelerating, the pilot or the ATC must hae decided something wasn't working out right. Just as we were breaking through the clouds I noticed we were almost down and suddenly the nose came up, power come back up and we were climbing out. They neer did say why but it was interesting.
Scary. I've been through a couple landings similar to that, it's quite unnerving. Glad it all worked out ok!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #2534
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Evening guys,

Scary Darcy! Glad you're down and safe!
Chris DisDad#403
Me DW DS(15) DS(14) DD(12)

As Kid: 1978 & 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel -
Dec 2008 GF/Poly - Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF -
June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT - Feb 2012 AKL -
Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Mar 2015 GF VC
Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #2535
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

anyone hear from brian???? i know hes busy with the cruise coming up. he has to get the house ready:

get the transportation in order:

but geez, you think he could stop to say hello.

HI BRIAN!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: