Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #2356
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post

I did end up catching a 21 inch Brown trout. Beautiful fish. Made for a successful day.
Did you eat it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Thanks. The pressure is on now, another tournament next weekend and I have committed to coaching that one with the coach away again.
Putting that undefeated streak on the line so soon?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 01-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #2357
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Ok Dads....I am not a hunter but I am thinking of buying a trail cam or something to try and get the son of a Beverly who keeps smashing my light post...What should I get? Is trail cam best option and least expensive?

again!!!! need a camera.
Quote:

I did end up catching a 21 inch Brown trout. Beautiful fish. Made for a successful day.
brown trout!!! now your talking my business.

Quote:
Hey guys pretty proud of DS and his teamates. We played in their first JV tourney and went 4-0 to win the gold! The normal head coach was away today so I got to take over for the semi and final. Since I am 2-0 with a banner in my basketball coaching career I think it is time to retire.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #2358
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Back from basketball. Youngest won again. She only scored 14 this game as the other team was a little better. Oldest's team lost against a team they should have beat. At least my oldest had a great defensive game and made a few baskets. In the last quarter, she was running out of energy and rotated off the other team's best player, who then quickly went on a scoring tear. It was too late then. Still a good game for both.

YUUUP!

My FIL hunts now from inside his kitchen. He then has to drag the deer into his barn, turn on the heater, and finish it. You both are really roughing it.
for the girls and for the fil
Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #2359
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Back from basketball. Youngest won again. She only scored 14 this game as the other team was a little better. Oldest's team lost against a team they should have beat. At least my oldest had a great defensive game and made a few baskets. In the last quarter, she was running out of energy and rotated off the other team's best player, who then quickly went on a scoring tear. It was too late then. Still a good game for both.
Congrats to the girls.

Quote:
Ok Dads....I am not a hunter but I am thinking of buying a trail cam or something to try and get the son of a Beverly who keeps smashing my light post...What should I get? Is trail cam best option and least expensive?
Can't help with your question but am interested in any answers. Can send you Crash's shiv if you want.

Quote:
Hey guys pretty proud of DS and his teamates. We played in their first JV tourney and went 4-0 to win the gold! The normal head coach was away today so I got to take over for the semi and final. Since I am 2-0 with a banner in my basketball coaching career I think it is time to retire.
Another dynasty in the making.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #2360
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Hehehehehehe. Brown trout. I drop those off the boat all the time.

Quote:
Did you eat it?
No. pulled it up later in the day, didn't have the energy to clean and cook it... Wish I had.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #2361
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Went to the eye Dr the other day, I guess I'm getting old , Turns out I need 2 pairs of glasses, one for reading and one for driving, I've never had to wear glasses before this is going to be a big adjustment
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #2362
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

No. pulled it up later in the day, didn't have the energy to clean and cook it... Wish I had.
There is nothing as good as freshly caught fish. Well, other that freshly caught lobster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Went to the eye Dr the other day, I guess I'm getting old , Turns out I need 2 pairs of glasses, one for reading and one for driving, I've never had to wear glasses before this is going to be a big adjustment
I've never had to wear glasses so I know it might catch up with me one day. Good luck.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 01-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #2363
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando
Sorry to hear about the peepers Ron. I fought it for awhile and lost. I have readers that I need or you have to hold what you want me to read across the street. Distance I should but I still manage without them. I tried bifocals and for get that!!! I had progressives and what a PTA. Good luck with the new specks.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #2364
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:

I've never had to wear glasses so I know it might catch up with me one day. Good luck.
I thought I could see while reading ok it doesn't bother me, although the Dr says different

It was driving at night especially in the rain that was bothering me, all the lines on the road disappear, the worst was one night when we were heading to VA on I95 it was raining and not seeing any lines on a 4 lane highway was really freaking me out, I had no idea if I was in a lane or not

I'm just glad I don't need to wear them all the time
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #2365
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post

Can't help with your question but am interested in any answers. Can send you Crash's shiv if you want.

A shiv may be just what I need !
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 01-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #2366
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Since it's cold out, tonights drink is blackberry brandy & iced tea, really warms you up

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #2367
Whaler54
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm not a hunter, but the kids and I got a trail cam to see what critters visit the yard during the night. We now put it in the state park up the street from us and have seen some really cool things (pack of coyotes, fisher).

I'm not sure how well the trail cam will work. I have a Bushnell that I bought from Cabelas (link below) for $140. They look a lot more expensive right now. The picture is good and would work well, the problem is the IR LEDs that give the night vision glow red when activated. They are pretty noticeable. They do sell more expensive ones with LEDs that can't be seen, but I don't know how much they go for.

Good luck!

Cabelas link: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti...3Bcat103867380
Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #2368
moose615
DIS Veteran

Howdy fellow dads, hope all is well, haven't been on a lot this week, from being sick and other things going on right now, not bad things though. I'm trying to get back in the dating game, I think I have given enough time for DD to adjust to the change of being with me full time. I love DD with all my heart and soul but I feel it's time to let someone else in too
Old 01-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #2369
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers! We did see the new neurologist and my DW is scheduled to have some more tests done. The new doctor is also of the opinion that all of this neuropathy may not be caused by the tumor/surgery but possibly something else, like Lyme Disease. Hopefully, she'll help us get to the bottom of this.

Here is our first Blue Angels pic of 2013. David is on the right, waiting for Boss to leave the cockpit after a flight. Things are going well in El Centro and we are still hopeful that we will be able to make a trip out there in March for the first airshow of the season.
There are tons of great Blue Angels pics on their FB page. Check it out and give them a Like! Thanks!

Hey Mike... Nice to see you around! Continued prayers for your wife.

Thanks for posting a pic of your son.

Quote:
Time to rally Team Tim. We are good at dishing out beatdowns.

Quote:
Nice.

Quote:
Nice job!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #2370
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Time to rally Team Tim. We are good at dishing out beatdowns.
Here I was thinking Steve had a young punk problem. So, there's a gang of senior citizens causing the damage?

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: