Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #1996
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Hi! Long time no post here!!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012. AKL/Vero July 2013. runDisney OKW Jan 2014. SSR/Vero/Pop July 2014. runDisney AoA Nov 2014.
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR Interrupted
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 01-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #1997
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I probably could prove it in a court of law. My BIL just got out of law school, maybe I can hire him to try this case.
I would still like to know the hows and whats that make Tim Team "rock" and is the "best".

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #1998
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post

Hi James!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #1999
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Wait...I have something for this...

I found it.

Love it!

ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 01-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #2000
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

Hey James. Good to hear from you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Here is a good one for you guys.

DS and his JV middle school basketball team is scheduled to play in a 6 team tournament this weekend. The schedule was released last week and we were all set to go.

Yesterday we played the host in our regular league play and beat them. Today they redo the schedule to put the other team that beat them in league play in our pool and moved out the team they beat. I know as a host you always want to give your team the best shot at winning the tournament but to be so blatant in changing a schedule after you have released it is pretty low.

On one hand it makes me laugh but on the other I makes me a bit mad.
That stinks. Home cookin run amok. That crap goes on everywhere and then they whine about it. Why do athletes cheat? Because the so called morally righteous people taught them how to cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I hate that bush league crap. I quit playing in USTA tournaments as a kid because of stunts like this. I don't know what kind of authority you have up there but this needs to be brought up the ladder.
You play tennis? I played on HS team first two years until I had to get a job. Then I found beer. Then it was all over. I would like to lose enough weight to play reasonably competitive again.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 01-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #2001
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
I get what your saying. Especially since it is the home team making changes.

We usually see a lot of changes in our tournaments leading up to the start to try to balance out all the groups to keep it competitive. It's usually a bunch of changes and not really the home team looking to win. I guess you'll just have to beat the team they added to your schedule too/

We beat the team they added in our first game of the season, although the game did go to overtime. The way I look at it they changed the schedule to put the top two teams in the same pool so they will have a better chance of winning their pool. They must feel that they can beat one of us because chances are they will have to play one of us in the cross-over.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #2002
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Dis Dad meets happen everywhere - at WDW, football stadiums, museums, and Walmart parking lots?

Shawn(Wasnotafan) happened to be in Owensboro and escaped a little bit earlier than expected. But, we managed a picture outside in the cold. We chatted a bit, although since it was cold and he had to be in Louisville, we didn't visit long. Shawn seems like a great guy, we talked about work, children, trips, and he even brought me a travel mug. It was nice to put a face with the name, and I hope I can chat with you more in the future. Have a safe trip home.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #2003
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Dis Dad meets happen everywhere - at WDW, football stadiums, museums, and Walmart parking lots?

Shawn(Wasnotafan) happened to be in Owensboro and escaped a little bit earlier than expected. But, we managed a picture outside in the cold. We chatted a bit, although since it was cold and he had to be in Louisville, we didn't visit long. Shawn seems like a great guy, we talked about work, children, trips, and he even brought me a travel mug. It was nice to put a face with the name, and I hope I can chat with you more in the future. Have a safe trip home.
Taking over the world, one Walmart at a time. Good Job Men!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #2004
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:

You play tennis? I played on HS team first two years until I had to get a job. Then I found beer. Then it was all over. I would like to lose enough weight to play reasonably competitive again.

Slow-pitch softball and beer goes really well together.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #2005
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:

Hey James! What's up?

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #2006
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:

You couldn't take him inside the Walmart where you could chat in the warmth?

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #2007
BigTex71
DIS Dad #536
Bring it!
It's a conspiracy, I tell you! <300 ;)

Quote:

Hey, James.

Go (Texas) Rangers!
DIS Dad Club Member #536
2012 DisDads Fantasy Baseball Champion - Jungle (Nelson) Cruz

Wanna Read My PTR? Your Stunned Silence Is VERY Reassuring (Jan/Feb 2011)
A Private Dance With Cinderella...Our Surprise Trip Jan/Feb 2011

me dw ds(14) dd(7)
Old 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #2008
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Woohoo!!!!

39 days until our trip begins!!!!!!!!!!

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 01-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #2009
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Slow-pitch softball and beer goes really well together.

Quote:
You couldn't take him inside the Walmart where you could chat in the warmth?
Maybe he was afraid I was a serial killer. He still had a two hour drive to the next destination and I had to get home to meet my dds from the school bus.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 01-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #2010
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
I get what your saying. Especially since it is the home team making changes.

We usually see a lot of changes in our tournaments leading up to the start to try to balance out all the groups to keep it competitive. It's usually a bunch of changes and not really the home team looking to win. I guess you'll just have to beat the team they added to your schedule too/
If they were moving the teams to make it more competative that would be one thing. This looks like a major case of home cooking.

Quote:
That stinks. Home cookin run amok. That crap goes on everywhere and then they whine about it. Why do athletes cheat? Because the so called morally righteous people taught them how to cheat.

It does look like home cooking. Back in my youth tennis days, a lot of summer programs that hosted tourneys would place the top ranked players at the bottom of the bracket to beat the crap out of each other in the early rounds. Meanwhile their kids would play lower raked kids and hopefully those kids advanced to get whoever survived the bracket of death. After a few seasons of that I just had enough and let my membership lapse.

I've been playing since middle school. I love it and its a great way to get in shape. I've also coached boys and girls for a number of seasons at the high school level.

Quote:
We beat the team they added in our first game of the season, although the game did go to overtime. The way I look at it they changed the schedule to put the top two teams in the same pool so they will have a better chance of winning their pool. They must feel that they can beat one of us because chances are they will have to play one of us in the cross-over.
Good luck Darcy.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: