Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #1906
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Happy Birthday to Crash, who can outrun any of the DisDads
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I've met her. They only way I'll be able to beat her is if Paul gets a clean cut of her Achilles with his shiv. And even then I'll need about a mile and a half head start.
She was impressed with Paul's time this year. Her goal is to take him down next year. Barry and Tim? Don't think so. She is thinking about walking on to SH's Cross Country Team next year. She will get her butt kicked but will be in super shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGriz View Post
1/20/13 Jim and Mark at AFC Championship Game

Norm- Let me know if that works
Nice pic and good meet up. We need to plan for a Sox game next year. Are there pre-game tailgate opportunities available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
Just checking in. I'd hate to miss a thread entirely!
Not much has changed here. We are hoping to take some kind of vacation before Spring but it won't be Disney. At the top of the list is Yuma/El Centro to visit my DW's best friend and to see our son perform with the Blues at the 2013 El Centro Airshow. 2nd on the list right now is Pensacola, again to see our son. Third is probably the Myrtle Beach area, possibly with our daughter and 2 grandkids. This all depends on how my DW feels, which isn't great. She sees a new neurologist this week and we're hoping that sheds some light on some things.
Other than that, I'm just trying to hang in.
Hope everyone else is well and enjoying Winter!
Hey Mike. Best to you and your wife. How about some pictures of your son and the Blue Angels in the coming year? We haven't seen him in a while.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #1907
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Not much has changed here. We are hoping to take some kind of vacation before Spring but it won't be Disney. At the top of the list is Yuma/El Centro to visit my DW's best friend and to see our son perform with the Blues at the 2013 El Centro Airshow. 2nd on the list right now is Pensacola, again to see our son. Third is probably the Myrtle Beach area, possibly with our daughter and 2 grandkids. This all depends on how my DW feels, which isn't great. She sees a new neurologist this week and we're hoping that sheds some light on some things.
Mike it sure is good to see you back on here again!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #1908
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:

great picture guys...another DisDads meet in the books! Good to put faces with the name!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 01-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #1909
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
MIIIKE!!! good to hear from you. hope things go a little better for you guys with the new neo. keep in touch! FLY NAVY!
Quote:

great meet!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #1910
JHMCARTY
Mouseketeer

It snowing a little bit here...
Old 01-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #1911
JHMCARTY
Mouseketeer

That last post should have read this also: what's up all? Did I miss anything spectacular?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #1912
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Budget talk right now. DW says I have allocated too much $ for vacations. So, it really is a wait and see right now.

Well with being a single dad it's a lot diff, the next 2 trips are really only plausible because I have SW flight vouchers so that helps, after these 2 , I would like to do HHI like I talked to you about before, that is drivable (WDW is also drivable but DD would be driving me nuts) so waiting on that till she's older but the march trip budget I would say is $1500, the DL trip since I rented pts will prob borderline 2k, but also that's me and DD so I would imagine yours would prob be quite a bit more
Old 01-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #1913
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

I got my car back, it took awhile since everything was showing OK, so after my mechanic called me a few times (he knows I'm usually pretty accurate with pinpointing the problem) while I was on the phone with him it finally acted up, it did turn out to be the alternator like I thought, but if someone who had no idea about cars brought it in most likely it would have been going back to the shop, The alt was pretty pricey like I thought it would be and with a oil change it came to $366, not bad for not having to break down somewhere
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #1914
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
I got my car back, it took awhile since everything was showing OK, so after my mechanic called me a few times (he knows I'm usually pretty accurate with pinpointing the problem) while I was on the phone with him it finally acted up, it did turn out to be the alternator like I thought, but if someone who had no idea about cars brought it in most likely it would have been going back to the shop, The alt was pretty pricey like I thought it would be and with a oil change it came to $366, not bad for not having to break down somewhere
Pricey, but better than being stranded and better than a car payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Well with being a single dad it's a lot diff, the next 2 trips are really only plausible because I have SW flight vouchers so that helps, after these 2 , I would like to do HHI like I talked to you about before, that is drivable (WDW is also drivable but DD would be driving me nuts) so waiting on that till she's older but the march trip budget I would say is $1500, the DL trip since I rented pts will prob borderline 2k, but also that's me and DD so I would imagine yours would prob be quite a bit more
DW and I drove for our honeymoon to save $, but I probably would fly if it is just the two of us. Everything is x4 for the next decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHMCARTY View Post
That last post should have read this also: what's up all? Did I miss anything spectacular?
Just all our usual words of wisdom. :fart:
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 01-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #1915
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

I think the Canadians are up to something it's snowing out here coming down hard and sticking I'm sure the penguins will be part of the 2nd wave
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #1916
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
I think the Canadians are up to something it's snowing out here coming down hard and sticking I'm sure the penguins will be part of the 2nd wave
It's too darn cold to snow here....

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #1917
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando
Glad it was just the alternator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando
Send some of that white stuff this way. It is below zero here and there is no snow on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204

It's too darn cold to snow here....
I think we're getting unaided by southerners. They are canceling evening activities because the wind chill is only -20
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 01-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #1918
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
I sense the penguins are mobilizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I think we're getting unaided by southerners. They are canceling evening activities because the wind chill is only -20
Agreed. It is supposed to be 13 degrees tomorrow morning here. A pile of snow means another day off and not having to go outside. I really need to convince DW to move to CJ's front yard with me.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 01-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #1919
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:

Nice job guys!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #1920
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
She was impressed with Paul's time this year. Her goal is to take him down next year. Barry and Tim? Don't think so. She is thinking about walking on to SH's Cross Country Team next year. She will get her butt kicked but will be in super shape.
As long as I have the fear of her shiving me, I'll always have the need to be a few steps ahead.

Or out of the race. That may be safer, and less exhausting.

Seriously, if she starts training more, me and my achilles are cooked.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: