Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #151
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I've been reading both, def don't worry about catching up, I can't even recall what discussion is going on in what thread
Who are you again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
DW and I just celebrated our 15 year anniversary. That day DW forwarded me a pic of us from that day and it hit me that my son is closer to being my age when I got married than I am now. Really hit home with how little time we get with our kids and how important it is to really take advantage of every moment. It also emphasizes the point that "kids won't be kids long, you should probably hurry up and take them to Disney".
The last part, especially! DW and I will hit 15 years in June, so I'm there with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
Keep up on what?

Hey I made it before page 50 this time! Woo Hoo!

Love the title there Randall, way to rub it in.
Dang it, Brian found us. I mean, uh, hi nemesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Some of the benefits are just for on-site guests. More ammunition for my pro-DVC argument with the wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
I think it comes down to what values do you want to teach your kids. That's part of the reason that I like Boy Scouts so much. They work these core values into the scout oath and scout law in a way that you can build on as your conversations change from "don't hit your brother", to "be respectful of kids on the bus", to "be trustworthy in your actions".

Also, "dad always gets the remote control."
Old 01-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #152
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGriz View Post
I just got off the horn with one of the Disney operators about our trip next month, and she believed they would have this new system fully in place in about 2 weeks.
I doubt they will have their wi-fi issues fixed by then. This is going to be a nightmare!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #153
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
True. But a week or two ago I lost the remote. Not being able to fast-forward through commercials has been horrible. Still can't find it and just ordered a new one yesterday. Maybe the Ukranian took it back with her.
DIS Dad #400
Old 01-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #154
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
True. But a week or two ago I lost the remote. Not being able to fast-forward through commercials has been horrible. Still can't find it and just ordered a new one yesterday. Maybe the Ukranian took it back with her.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo...
Old 01-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #155
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, donít drink the Beverly!
If itís still here tomorrowÖ I may ignore it again

Quote:
Iíll send you mine.
I generally canít find anything worth watching anyway so it's got fairly low mileage on it.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #156
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

DS has not gone to school all week, he's had a fever the last 2 days, well just took him to the Dr. confirmed flu, you would not be able to tell he's sick since all he wants to do is play, but he has off now till Mon

He was going to get the flu shot in Oct but he had a cold , then the storm came, then we were in WDW, followed by the Holidays, he just got the shot last week, they say you can't get sick from it but since both my wife and I both got sick the following week after getting the shot, back in Sept & Oct (different Drs different weeks) and now my DS gets sick a week later, I'm kinda having a hard time believing this
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #157
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

I thought it was Dad always gets the big piece of chicken
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 01-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #158
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
DS has not gone to school all week, he's had a fever the last 2 days, well just took him to the Dr. confirmed flu, you would not be able to tell he's sick since all he wants to do is play, but he has off now till Mon

He was going to get the flu shot in Oct but he had a cold , then the storm came, then we were in WDW, followed by the Holidays, he just got the shot last week, they say you can't get sick from it but since both my wife and I both got sick the following week after getting the shot, back in Sept & Oct (different Drs different weeks) and now my DS gets sick a week later, I'm kinda having a hard time believing this
Medically you cannot get the flu from the shot as it is a dead form of the virus and not active. Unless you get the Zombie Flu.

It takes 2-3 weeks for the flu shot to become effective and it normally provides 60-80% protection. The strains of flu covered by the shots are chosen based on the prior years illnesses and it always seems that one strains is missed in the process. But I assure you that 60-80% protection is better than 0%. This year is one of the worst for flu illness. It started earlier and is more wide spread than usual.

Keep an eye on him, kids that have gotten ill have been at risk for complications this year. Lots of rest and plenty of water (even though he may get sick). Hope he feels better soon.

See what happens when you have a nurse practitioner in the family (not me).

Old 01-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #159
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Iíll send you mine.
I generally canít find anything worth watching anyway so it's got fairly low mileage on it.
After ordering the new remote, I took a close look at how much I'm paying Verizon each month. With cell, internet, tv, and home phone, they've got me for over $300 a month. I think I could live with a much cheaper tv package but I'm stuck in a 2 yr commitment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I thought it was Dad always gets the big piece of chicken
Consider yourself lucky. Over here it's: Dad always gets the plunger.
DIS Dad #400
Old 01-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #160
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
After ordering the new remote, I took a close look at how much I'm paying Verizon each month. With cell, internet, tv, and home phone, they've got me for over $300 a month. I think I could live with a much cheaper tv package but I'm stuck in a 2 yr commitment.

We were just discussing our Comcast bill for cable, internet and phone. We are close to $300, but not quite over it yet. Had the same concerns and dropping service. I'm not even sure we watch all the channels we pay for. We do get a lot of sports channels that we watch so I'm not sure we could drop without losing them and I need to have the wireless internet for my home office so we may just be stuck with it.

As far as what dad gets in our house, it's basically whatever no one else wants.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #161
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Well work is done for the day. Time to head home and make sure DS is ready for his basketball game tonight.

Later all.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 01-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #162
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, donít drink the Beverly!
If itís still here tomorrowÖ I may ignore it again

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
We were just discussing our Comcast bill for cable, internet and phone. We are close to $300, but not quite over it yet. Had the same concerns and dropping service. I'm not even sure we watch all the channels we pay for. We do get a lot of sports channels that we watch so I'm not sure we could drop without losing them and I need to have the wireless internet for my home office so we may just be stuck with it.

As far as what dad gets in our house, it's basically whatever no one else wants.

Our cell service is separate but if I add them together, it about 250. I donít have any premium channels (and donít really want Ďem) so thatís probably the main difference. Iíve considered ditching cable altogether, but DW wouldnít have it and I do like having the internet connection. If I could pick and choose the channels, Iíd only have about ten or fifteen. Iím sure thatís why I canít pick and choose.

What Dad getsÖ
Well, itís what ever is left after I ensure that everyone else get the best stuff.

ĎCause thatís what you do.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #163
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
Our cell service is separate but if I add them together, it about 250. I donít have any premium channels (and donít really want Ďem) so thatís probably the main difference. Iíve considered ditching cable altogether, but DW wouldnít have it and I do like having the internet connection. If I could pick and choose the channels, Iíd only have about ten or fifteen. Iím sure thatís why I canít pick and choose.
Being able to choose TV channels a la carte would be wonderful. I believe Sen. McCain introduced a bill to that effect a few years ago and it was swiftly shot down.

Quote:
What Dad getsÖ
Well, itís what ever is left after I ensure that everyone else get the best stuff.

ĎCause thatís what you do.
Agreed. Except for the remote.

Dad also gets to kill all the creepy-crawlies in our house, too.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #164
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Cowboys fired Rob Ryan today. Maybe the Ryan brothers can work together for the NYJ. That would pretty much lock up the AFC East in New England for another 5 years.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #165
mm1971
DIS Veteran

OK, packing up and heading home. DD has hoops tonight. Going back to Dr. tomorrow morning to see if antibiotics are working. Later dads.

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: