Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #136
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
I've been reading both, def don't worry about catching up, I can't even recall what discussion is going on in what thread
It's tough keeping track of both. It's making hard to get anything done today.

Quote:
Are y'all now a part of the shady underground lobster black market ? Count me in!
Will do! We are digging an underground tunnel from New England to Kentucky. The lobsters will be walking all the way. We'll have to figure out where to make the connection.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #137
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Have y'all seen this? More info on the fastpass+ system. I'm not sure I like it. It's like, as soon as I figure how to get a leg up on the rookies, they make it easier on the rookies.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...he-next-level/
DIS Dad #400
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #138
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
I've been reading both, def don't worry about catching up, I can't even recall what discussion is going on in what thread
I'm not even sure it is worth it just to try to keep up!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #139
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Hey Norm!

Took you long enough to find us. I'm going to meet my lobster buddy tomorrow. I'll PM you and let you know whats up.
Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
But then he comes into my office and says how he's been real happy with my performance as of late and all the responsbility I've taken on hasn't gone unnoticed.

8 more hours till I'm busting out of this place!
A good day with the boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Got my package from Omaha Steaks (it was a christmas present, nothing says Christmas like a big box of meat) But in the box there was a big bag of dry ice, so I get to have some fun Already got my wife and son with the old bubbling smokey toilet trick
Steaks sound good. What is the bubbling smokey toilet trick? Sounds like what I leave behind after eating all the steak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
Well if you're buying, make it two.
I thought Sean's buying. Should I have not posted your credit card #?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 01-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #140
boreas154
DisDads #728

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post

Welcome. Are you sure your'e allowed to put your DW's age?
She'd never risk venturing in here. I'm the Disney fanatic in the family, she's the planner. Plus she decided she'd go to the 30 and stay there

Quote:
Welcome, your welcome to join the rest of us dads that are stuck at our jobs while the others are at the world, there's also a FB page and Disdads.com, they have an awesome podcast every Sunday and a charity auction but not sure if this past Sunday was the last auction or not
Yeah... sitting at my desk atm. Got a few days ahead of schedule, so plenty of downtime now to surf.

Quote:
Welcome to the group. Norm will be by later to collect the bacon and Dole whips. Someone else will get you your member number shortly. Enjoy the fun around here.
Uh oh... I had my last bacon wrapped Dole whip for lunch today. Better run to the store!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #141
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreas154 View Post
Uh oh... I had my last bacon wrapped Dole whip for lunch today. Better run to the store!

Welcome sir!

While you’re at the store grab a couple cases of beer.
The clubhouse fridge is getting a might low.

We’re glad you decided to tag along on this adventure.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #142
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

Will do! We are digging an underground tunnel from New England to Kentucky. The lobsters will be walking all the way. We'll have to figure out where to make the connection.
We are pioneers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Have y'all seen this? More info on the fastpass+ system. I'm not sure I like it. It's like, as soon as I figure how to get a leg up on the rookies, they make it easier on the rookies.

The other rumor is cost. Will they charge more some of the + stuff?

Quote:
I don't do the closings on the old threads, but couldn't even dream of trying to keep up.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 01-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #143
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm still kind of skeptical about some of this, but will wait to see it in action. While I think the idea of controlling everything with your phone, I for one prefer to disconnect for long periods of time and leave the phone in the room. Otherwise I'll be getting calls from the office and customers all day. I do like the bracelet idea.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #144
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I was just struggling with that last night with my middle son, trying to explain to him how throwing temper tantrums isn't helping him get anything he wants.
DW and I just celebrated our 15 year anniversary. That day DW forwarded me a pic of us from that day and it hit me that my son is closer to being my age when I got married than I am now. Really hit home with how little time we get with our kids and how important it is to really take advantage of every moment. It also emphasizes the point that "kids won't be kids long, you should probably hurry up and take them to Disney".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
One of my personal regrets is not reading the Bible enough and as such, not having my children read it. I tend to teach them most about being true to themselves - with friends, marriage, future work. And, I try to teach them about money management.
yeah I try and have talks like that now. Earlier this week I graphed it out for him. Level of effort pre and post graduation. IE work hard now while your in school and over the course of your life in general things will be easier. Take it easy in school and in general you're going to have to work harder for less for the rest of your life.

Quote:
She'd never risk venturing in here. I'm the Disney fanatic in the family, she's the planner. Plus she decided she'd go to the 30 and stay there
Ah I wondered if it was 30 or "30"

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 01-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #145
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm not even sure it is worth it just to try to keep up!
Keep up on what?

Hey I made it before page 50 this time! Woo Hoo!

Love the title there Randall, way to rub it in.

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (7)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #146
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Quote:
I'm still kind of skeptical about some of this, but will wait to see it in action. While I think the idea of controlling everything with your phone, I for one prefer to disconnect for long periods of time and leave the phone in the room. Otherwise I'll be getting calls from the office and customers all day. I do like the bracelet idea.
I wonder how they'll educate the public on this. I've been trying to follow this, but I'm still fuzzy on the details.

Some of the benefits are just for on-site guests. More ammunition for my pro-DVC argument with the wife.
DIS Dad #400
Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #147
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Cool.
Will someone be at home on Friday to accept delivery? You know to make sure Stitch behaves.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #148
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:
Hmmm I have three posts in a row, 4 if you count this one. I guess that means I'm post padding. Not really trying to, just got Disney on my brain and this is the best place to express that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Ryan, looks like you and I had this conversation a while back when I posted about it at the other site:

http://disdads.com/archives/1397

But the first two you mentioned are the ones laid out for us in Scripture by God Himself, so that seems like a great place to start! Outward behavior reflects the desires of the heart, so it's the desires of the child's heart that we need to address. Do you want what's best for you, or do you think about others first?
I think it comes down to what values do you want to teach your kids. That's part of the reason that I like Boy Scouts so much. They work these core values into the scout oath and scout law in a way that you can build on as your conversations change from "don't hit your brother", to "be respectful of kids on the bus", to "be trustworthy in your actions".

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Welcome!

Randall will be around sometime to give you a member number....whenever he decides to put his turkey leg down.

Make yourself at home!
Ditto! Welcome!

T-45 minutes until leaving work! See you all on the other side!
Chris DisDad#403
Me DW DS(15) DS(14) DD(12)

As Kid: 1978 & 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel -
Dec 2008 GF/Poly - Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF -
June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT - Feb 2012 AKL -
Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Mar 2015 GF VC
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #149
DisneyGriz
DisDads #727 Round the world in Epcot in 11 beers...

Quote:

I just got off the horn with one of the Disney operators about our trip next month, and she believed they would have this new system fully in place in about 2 weeks.

Right now it looks like it will give a leg up to guests staying on property for the fastpass system. I guess they are randomly selecting guests to use the system.

I think I like the idea of being able to plan your fastpass selections as part of your day, as I spend a good chunk of the day running to various fastpass locations... I guess there is going to be some kind of kiosk system as well as a mobile app you can use to make selections.

This is my first visit where I can't collect fastpass's in the morning and use them all day, so any leg up on the rookies is welcomed!

2013 2/13 POR
2012 DCL Fantasy, 2012 WDW Nick Hotel
2010 WDW Swan & Boardwalk
2009 WDW Boardwalk
2009 WDW ASSports
2008 WDW CSR
2007 WDW ASMusic
2006 WDW CSR
2005 WDW POR
2004 WDW Residence Inn
2003 WDL Residence Inn

1985 WDW Quality Inn
1981 WDW Contemporary
1978 WDW FWC
1977 WDW FWC
1975 WDW FWC
1974 WDW FWC
Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #150
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:

Quote:
yeah I try and have talks like that now. Earlier this week I graphed it out for him. Level of effort pre and post graduation. IE work hard now while your in school and over the course of your life in general things will be easier. Take it easy in school and in general you're going to have to work harder for less for the rest of your life.
Again, Personal Management merit badge! Helps to have someone else hammering these points home. Takes a village as some say!
Chris DisDad#403
Me DW DS(15) DS(14) DD(12)

As Kid: 1978 & 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel -
Dec 2008 GF/Poly - Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF -
June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT - Feb 2012 AKL -
Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Mar 2015 GF VC
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, convention, dole whip, fun

Rate This Thread